Author Topic: Lavos And The Universe  (Read 30969 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Lavos And The Universe
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2004, 07:48:44 pm »
Azala uses the term "apes" more to describe Ayla and the people of Ioka & Laruba, not necessarilly Crono & Co. Azala says that Crono & Co. are not like the apes...or perhaps it was the other apes? Somebody want to dig up that quote? I think it was around the time you get the Gate Key back...But I could have that wrong.

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
Lavos And The Universe
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2004, 10:50:28 pm »
Is it possible that "apes" had a cetain amount of potential to evolve before being completley differemt, and all the Flame did was allow them to proceed beyond that point?

koolkame

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Lavos And The Universe
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2004, 01:54:44 pm »
Is it possible that "apes" had a cetain amount of potential to evolve before being completley differemt, and all the Flame did was allow them to proceed beyond that point?

Could be. Sounds better than the Children of Lavos stuff.

BTW, please don't offfended by the redneck comment anyone. I merely meant the the Ioka tribes were primitive compared to Crono and co. I say "y'all" in every other sentence myself.  :wink:

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
Lavos And The Universe
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2004, 07:38:23 pm »
V_Translanka, the quote you were looking for, I found it.

[Azala]
   What's this?!
   Could those apes have made something
   THIS advanced?

Ayla: Azala!!

AZALA: Ah, the apes have arrived!
   Hmm.
   You're nothing like Ayla...

Tell me what this is, at once!

About the Progney of Lavos stuff, I think it was just bitterness talking.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Lavos And The Universe
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2006, 02:24:40 pm »
Inquiry

What is Lavos's origin?

Biological Superweapon

Lavos is possibly a biological superweapon built for the express purpose of achieving superior evolution and destroying planets. It may have grown beyond the creator's control, or be instrumental in a larger plan of galactic conquest.

Natural Evolution

Lavos originates from an intelligent species who biologically engineered themselves to allow space travel and evolution.

Daniel Krispin

Lavos And The Universe
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2006, 02:53:40 pm »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
Inquiry

What is Lavos's origin?

Biological Superweapon

Lavos is possibly a biological superweapon built for the express purpose of achieving superior evolution and destroying planets. It may have grown beyond the creator's control, or be instrumental in a larger plan of galactic conquest.

Natural Evolution

Lavos originates from an intelligent species who biologically engineered themselves to allow space travel and evolution.

I doubt there is any view of conquest in Lavos' mind. Look in the other thread about Lavos' origin for a little - though somewhat fragementary - thesis on the matter. The only time we have Lavos speaking is atop Terra Tower (yes, that is the Flame... but it is said that the Flame is the essence of that which fell from the heavens in ancient days. The Flame is Lavos, and vice versa. What it feels and says, is what he does - his spirit is contained in it. It's actions are his.) He speaks of one who has pain inflicted upon him, causing pain to others in return. He tells - almost bitterly - of having to destroy others in order to survive. He questions the meaning of such a universe. Really, it sounds like he is a being disillusioned with the very concept of life - yet bound to keep living - and so has as its chief desire not to conquer, but to destroy and cause pain to all others, whilst still existing himself. Almost as if... something terrible happened to his world, or something far worse than he destroyed it even as he now destroys others. There's a funny thought. Maybe he was even a hero once. But anyway, it is those two minutes that are crucial to understanding him. He does not sound like something bioengineered, but a tormented and broken soul, but possessing enormous power nonetheless... sort of like the Devil, I suppose. Oh, and he's smart. He knows what he's doing, knows the consequences, and is capable of philosophising about it.

Like I said, those two minutes on Terra Tower's summit are crucial to who Lavos is.

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Lavos And The Universe
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2006, 02:54:31 pm »
I think natural evolution is more likely, since we have abosultely no evidence for Lavos being a super-weapon.

Daniel Krispin

Lavos And The Universe
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2006, 02:58:14 pm »
I don't think its either. I think it really is a response to some great catastrophe that struck him 100 million years before. Perhaps it's even the only way of keeping himself alive - a sort of way of evading death. But something he himself devised, and is un-natural. So, neither bioweapon or a thing of natural evolution, but rather a result of that thing which is considered most heinous in the Chrono world - un-natural evolution, forced change. Something hit him, and hit him hard, I think. Like I said, that's how the words on Terra Tower strike me. As such... it's not Lavos the Bio-weapon, nor Lavos the Parasite, but Lavos the Dark Lord. The words upon Terra Tower seem to point to it strongly. And I think Hadriel will back me up on this one.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Lavos And The Universe
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2006, 03:34:41 pm »
Lavos = Galactus. Seriously :D

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
Lavos And The Universe
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2006, 04:24:19 am »
Daniel, the Frozen Flame at the top of Terra Tower is communicating the thoughts and feelings of the Time Devourer, not Lavos all alone. As such, we can't really say for sure about Lavos' inner workings. Alot of that could've been simple corruption of poor Schala's thoughts and feelings.

Frankly, Lavos is one big unanswered question, as unanswered as Nus. What the hell are they, where are they from, who made them if they were "made" and why did they come here? There's a plethora of possibilities, and nothing seems to help push one way or the other.

Rather frustrating, but there's still material for discovery of Lavos in a possible third installment. Yes I said third. No I still don't count RD. I consider RD: Chrono 1.5.