Author Topic: One element that makes a good game for you?  (Read 1560 times)

MsBlack

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
Re: One element that makes a good game for you?
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 07:18:17 am »
I feel like I've asked you before, so I apologise if I have, V_Translanka: Do you still play Unreal Tournament, and if so, on which servers?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2008, 10:13:02 am »
Nah, my PCs never been good enough...and especially not my connection...! I was only ever to feed my terrible FPS addiction at friends' houses.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2008, 11:10:57 am »
And the answer remains unanswered in detail.

:D

I am not entirely sure myself, but the desired effect occurred after I made that statement. Hmmhmmhmm.

How about you contribute to the topic instead of calling me out.

For adventure type games I really enjoy collecting things.  For example, Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3, Banjo-Kazooie etc.

For all games, an interesting story/plot with matching characters, takes the cake.  The Longest Journey (never played but listened to the majority of it while my wife played), Snatcher are two th at come to mind.  As well as a good handful of RPGs, Chrono series included.

I can say one thing that breaks a game is when a developer buys a preexisting franchise and rapes the F out of it to produce their own 'vision' of the game.  Yes, I am looking at you Bethesda.  Whores.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 11:20:58 am by placidchap »

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2008, 01:11:46 am »
Thanks Placid!

Umm... let's see, here's a type of thing you were talking about. The final fantasy producers absolutley falling in love with Gackt and making Genesis off of him. I thought FF7 made enough money where it didn't need some prick bitch to compete with Sephiroth. (ok I AM A SEPHIROTH FANBOY... cmon who isn't)