Author Topic: Playable character mod: Schala  (Read 31352 times)

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
Re: Playable character mod: Schala
« Reply #330 on: October 13, 2008, 02:50:24 pm »
holy in that vid is just a beam of light i always thought it would be a spiral of light .
perhaps her level 2 might be a heal or buff tech related to the moon like harle from chrono cross ?

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 13, 2008, 09:35:12 pm »
Erm...no. Remember, those won't be her only three skills. She could definitely have a buff spell. (Perhaps she could have Haste, Protect, and Magic Barrier? That would be cool...)

Maybe her skills would look something like this:

*Cure
*[star spell -- "Starfall"? "Starlight"?]
*Heal
*Protect
*Magic Barrier
*[moon spell]
*Haste
*Life 2
*Holy

That might work. I'd have to check the max number of skills a character can have... I think this is within boundaries. (I hope, anyway)

And what do you mean by "spiral of light"? Please explain. What don't you like about my Holy idea? I'm a bit obsessed with pillars of light, (I think they look really, really, cool. :p) so that's why I immediately thought of CoM Holy. Your idea might look better though.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 13, 2008, 10:03:53 pm »
Well if you want differenciation between Cure and Heal.

Do like *"Restore" (Esuna, unused.  Copy stats from Pre-Release)
*Moon Flare?
*Heal
*Protect
*Magic Barrier
*Lunar Light?
*Something other then Haste...Doesn't seem right
*Life 2
*More appropriate name

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 13, 2008, 10:30:20 pm »
Oooh, Esuna! Cool, we'll use that. And maybe she could have Heal 2 instead of Haste... Though she should get it earlier. And it really should be "Holy", as a tribute to FF. (like Flare) Plus, the sun is, like, holy and stuff in some cultures... As for her first spell, it shouldn't be "Moon Flare", since it's star-based. I think "Starfall" would be okay.

Oh! Idea! For her level 2, she could jump into the center, (like Crono's Thundaga/Lightning 2) a small beam of light could fall down on her, and then beams of light shoot out from her across the screen. (A reference to how moonlight is reflected sunlight, maybe...) Still no clue on a name, though. :/

Maybe she could learn a buff spell that raises stats of the party temporarily? Hm...

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 13, 2008, 11:17:32 pm »
Remember how she sealed the gate to 12000 BC in that reddish pyramid thing?  One spell should be something like that.

And Holy...?  As great as Final Fantasy is, I don't feel a nod to FF is necessarily in order in the Chronoverse.  That's like putting James Bond in Halo because they're both first person shooters.  Or something like that.  I guess it's nohe t a big deal, but I feel like the Chronoverse and Final Fantasy should be kept separate.  Just my opinion, doesn't mean it's right, though!

MagilsugaM

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 14, 2008, 01:58:55 am »
Holy Light

Yourgingerestfan

• im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 14, 2008, 02:53:50 am »
holy light :)

i like the red pyramid idea perhaps that shields the party from physical attacks ?
or can stop the enemy using magic ?

RoxSilverFox

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Hey, do you think we should go get some pies?
    • View Profile
    • Silver Fox Games
« Reply #337 on: October 14, 2008, 05:47:47 am »
Remember how she sealed the gate to 12000 BC in that reddish pyramid thing?  One spell should be something like that.

And Holy...?  As great as Final Fantasy is, I don't feel a nod to FF is necessarily in order in the Chronoverse.  That's like putting James Bond in Halo because they're both first person shooters.  Or something like that.  I guess it's nohe t a big deal, but I feel like the Chronoverse and Final Fantasy should be kept separate.  Just my opinion, doesn't mean it's right, though!

I rather like the idea of her having the red pyramid thing as a spell it could be like what Yourgingerestfan suggested, it seals an enemy up or something, stopping them from attacking or using spells or something.

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 14, 2008, 10:38:58 pm »
Hm... Yeah, actually, the red pyramid seal should be used... Perhaps a fusion of Protect and Magic Barrier on the party? ...Hey, it could be a double tech with Janus, maybe! That would be pretty cool! :D (I can't believe I didn't think of that before...they should definitely have a double tech together)

Holy Light sounds fine.

RoxSilverFox

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Silver Fox Games
« Reply #339 on: October 15, 2008, 12:48:49 am »
Hm... Yeah, actually, the red pyramid seal should be used... Perhaps a fusion of Protect and Magic Barrier on the party? ...Hey, it could be a double tech with Janus, maybe! That would be pretty cool! :D (I can't believe I didn't think of that before...they should definitely have a double tech together)

Holy Light sounds fine.

Yeah thats a pretty good idea a double tech would definitely be awesome

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 15, 2008, 05:24:42 pm »
Or, the pyramid could be a seal attack on enemies... I like the idea of it being like the Lock All tech that Rubble uses. Perhaps inflicting Stop as well, sort of like Areis's (sp?) Seal Evil limit break from FFVII. I do think it should be a protection spell too, though.

And maybe a spell like Holy Healing from CC? Heals the party for a lot, and removes status ailments... She could have that instead of Haste, definitely.

I'm a bit sad that Schala will be pretty redundant, since there's already Marle, but then again Janus was a redundant of Lucca and that worked out okay...we'll have to see.

RoxSilverFox

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Silver Fox Games
« Reply #341 on: October 17, 2008, 08:41:22 pm »
Probably a bit early to ask about this but what do you guys think the story should be for this?

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 18, 2008, 10:05:01 am »
Um, maybe she doesn't get sent to the DBT by the TIME Gate, instead to somewhere in 12,000 BCE, like all logic dictates? And then Lavos did some freaky time/dimension-warping mumbo jumbo and sent her to the DBT at the end of whatever new fan hack game you're planning or whatever.

We can worry about that later though. For now, just concern yourself with the spells. ;)

RoxSilverFox

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Silver Fox Games
« Reply #343 on: October 19, 2008, 02:12:41 am »
Um, maybe she doesn't get sent to the DBT by the TIME Gate, instead to somewhere in 12,000 BCE, like all logic dictates? And then Lavos did some freaky time/dimension-warping mumbo jumbo and sent her to the DBT at the end of whatever new fan hack game you're planning or whatever.

We can worry about that later though. For now, just concern yourself with the spells. ;)

Yeah, it's rather hard to do spells though coz their ain't to much to work from (no spell sprite sheets)

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 19, 2008, 05:43:11 pm »
Comet.