Author Topic: Playable character mod: Schala  (Read 33536 times)

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
Re: Playable character mod: Schala
« Reply #300 on: October 01, 2008, 02:56:17 am »
brilliant the best schala sprites ive ever seen

RoxSilverFox

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Hey, do you think we should go get some pies?
    • View Profile
    • Silver Fox Games
« Reply #301 on: October 01, 2008, 03:50:36 am »
brilliant the best schala sprites ive ever seen

Heh, yeah but there aint too many around though

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 01, 2008, 09:37:15 am »
coooool!  now if someone could just implement this into a mod...

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 01, 2008, 09:56:29 am »
WOAH ROX THESE ARE AMAZING!!! O_O I love these sprites! They, fit Schala near-perfectly! Awesome job! Even the emotions are well-done! (I thought it would be tricky, but I like how you didn't make them as ridiculously over-exaggerated like the other characters' eye-bulges, etc.) I'd like to see it split into sections again so I can understand them a bit better, but these are really looking good! I think we could implement those sprites right away! (Oh, and I also love the dagger for some reason. It's a tiny weapon and it looks like she's only fighting in self-defense, not with a giant sword of doom that's going to slice you to bits viciously) I'm a bit confused with her spellcasting sprites, though. It looks like she has her hands to together like she's praying, then spreads them out and twirls like Lucca? That could actually work... :) I think you should have her raise her hands to the sky like Crono does, rather than how Lucca spreads them out...but that's just me.

Now all you need to do is design some Light spells... :/ (It would have to be with a patch that renamed Crono's "Lightning" affinity to "Sky" or "Heaven" as well, since she could be the second "Heaven" character...) Still, excellent job! :D

RoxSilverFox

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Silver Fox Games
« Reply #304 on: October 02, 2008, 07:14:24 am »
coooool!  now if someone could just implement this into a mod...

Yeah I know, I think I should start a new forum to gather modders and what not so that this can get underway.

WOAH ROX THESE ARE AMAZING!!! O_O I love these sprites! They, fit Schala near-perfectly! Awesome job! Even the emotions are well-done! (I thought it would be tricky, but I like how you didn't make them as ridiculously over-exaggerated like the other characters' eye-bulges, etc.) I'd like to see it split into sections again so I can understand them a bit better, but these are really looking good! I think we could implement those sprites right away! (Oh, and I also love the dagger for some reason. It's a tiny weapon and it looks like she's only fighting in self-defense, not with a giant sword of doom that's going to slice you to bits viciously) I'm a bit confused with her spellcasting sprites, though. It looks like she has her hands to together like she's praying, then spreads them out and twirls like Lucca? That could actually work... :) I think you should have her raise her hands to the sky like Crono does, rather than how Lucca spreads them out...but that's just me.

Now all you need to do is design some Light spells... :/ (It would have to be with a patch that renamed Crono's "Lightning" affinity to "Sky" or "Heaven" as well, since she could be the second "Heaven" character...) Still, excellent job! :D

I'll do one last update to the sprites and add in any thoughts given by anyone here on the compendium throughout the next 6 days (till next wednesday, I like wednesdays)

I think a good spell for her to use would be lavos cores 'crying heavens hidden bellow' it looks so powerful and looks more like a sky/heaven/light spell but I'd have to come up with some others, (suggestions welcome)

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 02, 2008, 05:20:24 pm »
Crying Heavens is actually just the same graphic as Crono's Lightning, just with the attack power turned up really, really high. o_o Her level 3 ultimate spell could be "Holy", though, as a tribute to FF. (Like Flare and Luminaire/*cough*Ultima*cough*) You'd need custom graphics for that, though...but I'm sure it wouldn't be too much trouble for experienced hackers. :) This is really coming along well! (Sadly, Schala will be a pretty redundant character, since we already have Marle for our white mage, but...then again, we have Lucca as a black mage, but Magus is way better than her, so it might work out... We'll worry about that later though)

Oh, and sorry I didn't mention this before, but congrats on the avatar, Rox! It looks pretty cool. :)

RoxSilverFox

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Silver Fox Games
« Reply #306 on: October 02, 2008, 09:29:47 pm »
Crying Heavens is actually just the same graphic as Crono's Lightning, just with the attack power turned up really, really high. o_o Her level 3 ultimate spell could be "Holy", though, as a tribute to FF. (Like Flare and Luminaire/*cough*Ultima*cough*) You'd need custom graphics for that, though...but I'm sure it wouldn't be too much trouble for experienced hackers. :) This is really coming along well! (Sadly, Schala will be a pretty redundant character, since we already have Marle for our white mage, but...then again, we have Lucca as a black mage, but Magus is way better than her, so it might work out... We'll worry about that later though)

Oh, and sorry I didn't mention this before, but congrats on the avatar, Rox! It looks pretty cool. :)

is it the same graphic? I could have sworn it was an epic looking bolt compared to Crono's oh well probably just my mind playing tricks on me, as it does.

oh and thanks :D

RoxSilverFox

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Silver Fox Games
« Reply #307 on: October 02, 2008, 10:30:04 pm »

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 03, 2008, 03:07:04 am »
yes that makes it eaiser to see much better !

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 03, 2008, 06:21:35 pm »
Hm...for some reason, they look smaller and therefore harder to see now, but that may just be me/my crappy Vista. Looks pretty good! It's still a bit hard to see what they are all for exactly, but it'll do. Maybe you could make short animations so we can see the frames in action? Since seeing frozen frames is, in all honesty, nowhere near as interesting as seeing the actual animations... :/ But oh well.

And LOL at your new sig, Rox. ^_^ Tsk, pity I suck at spriting so I can't help...

As for Crying Heavens... It's been a while since I've fought Lavos, so my memory may be screwing with me, (it really likes doing that... >.>) but yeah, I'm pretty sure it's just the generic "Lightning" animation. Maybe with a thicker bolt, possibly. Try fighting Lavos yourself. Maybe that'll help. (I'm currently playing the Retranslation and I just owned Magus at his castle, so I'm still a ways off from Lavos)

RoxSilverFox

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Silver Fox Games
« Reply #310 on: October 04, 2008, 01:43:59 am »
Hm...for some reason, they look smaller and therefore harder to see now, but that may just be me/my crappy Vista. Looks pretty good! It's still a bit hard to see what they are all for exactly, but it'll do. Maybe you could make short animations so we can see the frames in action? Since seeing frozen frames is, in all honesty, nowhere near as interesting as seeing the actual animations... :/ But oh well.

And LOL at your new sig, Rox. ^_^ Tsk, pity I suck at spriting so I can't help...

As for Crying Heavens... It's been a while since I've fought Lavos, so my memory may be screwing with me, (it really likes doing that... >.>) but yeah, I'm pretty sure it's just the generic "Lightning" animation. Maybe with a thicker bolt, possibly. Try fighting Lavos yourself. Maybe that'll help. (I'm currently playing the Retranslation and I just owned Magus at his castle, so I'm still a ways off from Lavos)

Yeah I'll make some animations soon I gotta work out how to do it though coz I recently updated photoshop and the animation toolbar changed so I'll need to play around with it.

yeah, I had that animated sprite on my comp for ages and I never remember using it so I did :D

BTW, you're closer to Lavos than me I just started a new game and I'm not even up to the dragon tank yet LOL

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 04, 2008, 08:24:32 am »
Ah... Are you playing the retranslation? If you haven't, you should. It gave me a good excuse to replay the game. :p And I'm also busy playing other games and stuff at the moment, so I probably won't play more for a while. And I still have about 3-4 chapters left to go... (The pre-historic arc, then the Zeal arc and all its mini-arcs and stuff, (Zeal is loooooong) then the "Fated Hour" sidequests...) But yeah. It's looking pretty good, at any rate. :) I really can't wait to see this in action. Maybe a sub-game about the mysteries of Zeal, possibly with Janus/Schala as main characters... But that's a while off, like I said.

Good luck! :)

RoxSilverFox

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Silver Fox Games
« Reply #312 on: October 04, 2008, 09:55:11 am »
Ah... Are you playing the retranslation? If you haven't, you should. It gave me a good excuse to replay the game. :p And I'm also busy playing other games and stuff at the moment, so I probably won't play more for a while. And I still have about 3-4 chapters left to go... (The pre-historic arc, then the Zeal arc and all its mini-arcs and stuff, (Zeal is loooooong) then the "Fated Hour" sidequests...) But yeah. It's looking pretty good, at any rate. :) I really can't wait to see this in action. Maybe a sub-game about the mysteries of Zeal, possibly with Janus/Schala as main characters... But that's a while off, like I said.

Good luck! :)

Yeah I might have to rush through CT before the 23rd, after the 23rd I might be mysteriously absent from the internet for a while for some... unknown reason *cough*

Also I think your idea about making a sub game is probably going to be a lot easier than modding the game itself and will probably be easier due to the fact that the story would have to be completely altered, explaining paradoxes and what not, I do like paradoxes and all but they're too... complicating.

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 04, 2008, 04:51:11 pm »
Actually, it's more of a paradox right now, as the gates that Lavos conjures at PD-1 that send the Gurus, Janus, and Schala to different times are NOT DIMENSIONAL GATES! THEY'RE TIME GATES!!! How does a time gate send you to a different dimension?! >:( I like my theory better. (Schala gets sent to 12,000 BC, (it fits the pattern) Janus eventually finds her, then something happens to send her to the DBT, but we don't know what, because Squeenix felt like being jerks and don't want us to know what happened in the 20-year gap. >:( Grr)

But yeah, you can worry about that later. :p I think these sprites are pretty good, try animating them so we can see what they look like in action, and if they're good, (most likely) then you or someone else can start working on her new spell animations. Or something. Since you were able to make that little animation in your sig, it shouldn't be too tough, I hope.

Oh, and no need to rush through CT: just go on YouTube and look for some clips of the Lavos battle. You should be able to see Crying Heavens.

And besides, I don't think that's a good spell for her, actually, since it's a lighting spell, and also note the word Crying. I think that's supposed to signify that Lavos is feeding off of the planet's despair or something. o.O Just create something that's bright, flashy, and white and call it Holy for her ultimate skill, would be my advice. (Perhaps do something similar to Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. If you haven't played it, Holy looks like a huge pillar of light rising out of the ground. Or maybe that could be her level 2 spell...eh)

RoxSilverFox

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Silver Fox Games
« Reply #314 on: October 05, 2008, 03:04:38 am »
Status Report:

I worked out how to animate with my updated version of photoshop, it's actually a lot more efficient than my previous version. Any way I'll animate some sprites as requested and post them soon.

-Rox-