Author Topic: Chrono with FF7?  (Read 2496 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Chrono with FF7?
« on: May 28, 2008, 11:46:20 am »
CT: Done a bit of thinking. Long ago, Lavos crashed into the planet, causing the extinction of the reptites (with the help of humans) and infused the humans with a little of his power which created magic and controlled the evolution of humans. This leads to the kingdom of Zeal, where Magic was the source of power. But Lavos was a parasite to the planet, a threat to the planet, and was to be eliminated.  :lol: And so, the legendary Dragons of the Dragonian emerge and fight back!

FF7: Long ago, a meteor crashed earth causing a great damage to the planet. The planet was able to heal itself after as ages passed, but the meteor began to infect the lifestream (or whatever). "The calamity from the heavens" was called the "Jenova", and was a threat to the planet. The planet created the WEAPONS in order to fight back. xD

Another note: Humans with strong magical powers were linked with Lavos somehow in the kingdom of Zeal. Also, many powerful and magical warriors called SOLDIERS were ALSO infused with Jenova cells.

xD How about it?  :lol: Okay, this seems impossible, but if Chrono and FF7 worlds wouldn't have been different then I'd say Lavos and Jenova would ACTUALLY have been one and the same!! xD

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono with FF7?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 11:51:07 am »
Great Scott! an RPG cliche  how is that possible?

I find little and also wish little conection with FFvii

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 02:09:56 pm »
Although I am going to disagree with you on this one, one time I did read a "History of the Masamune" essay that connected CT and FF7 and I found it completely intriguing (granted, that was years ago).

On a side note, I once read that one of the creators of FF7/FF10 said that he believed the two worlds were most likely one world, just thousands upon thousands upon thousands of years apart....

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 02:36:07 pm »
There has been some intriguing discussion regarding Masato Kato's involvement in both CT and FF7 (and Xenogears to boot, which features a similar baddie - BROJ is a resident expert on the Lavos-Deus comparison). There are other threads on the siimiliarities scattered throughout, and it is quite intriguing indeed.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 10:43:29 am »
Similarities don't necessitate connection. I am reminded of the strong plot similarities between Ender's Game (SF) and Harry Potter (fantasy). Both books have brilliant children who had been subject to ridicule in their "normal" homes and whom exist in such a state due to a powerful but seemingly vanquished threat to humanity. Due to their natural abilities both are sent to a special school to study, where the popular sport that determines social rank involves flying children. At that school they make key friends and begin teaching other children how to fight against the threat to humanity that apparently isn't as vanquished as most people thought. Both children are specially tutored by a learned sage who has faced the enemy before but who is unable to completely defeat it. In the end, thanks to the friendships the main character has formed, he makes a large sacrifice but is able to save the day.

My point being, similarities between stories abound fairly frequently. That doesn't mean that such stories are actually connected.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 03:14:32 am »
 :lol: Hehe I know what you guys mean. But then again, I didn't really say they were connected. All I said was the base plot were so darn similar that IF the two worlds had been one and the same then Lavos and Jenova would have been one and the same with just two different names! xD And probably the two groups of warriors would have probably been fighting one single enemy at the same time!

Come to think of it, it'd make a great crossover! o.o" Wouldn't you say?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 04:06:00 am »
I don't think so...CT's cast was full of great characters with well developed personalities...FFVII's cast was full of douchey, mostly annoying losers...and Vincent...So no, no crossover for me, plz.

Maybe they could put Magus & Vincent in a Devil May Cry crossover game, though...^_^

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 06:44:41 am »
:P Lol, here's something. Pokemon was only made for Pokemon lovers, not everybody else. XD Haha, I've seen a lot of angry FF7 fans getting on people's throats, you know!

TOTALLY, MAGUS AND VINCENT IN DMC = FTW X 10!!! =D

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 10:40:33 am »
:P Lol, here's something. Pokemon was only made for Pokemon lovers, not everybody else. XD Haha, I've seen a lot of angry FF7 fans getting on people's throats, you know!

Wait, so are you saying that Pokemon is actually Jersey Girl? Damn that Jay and Silent Bob and their movies, why must I catch them all?!

The only thing I have to say to that is... Ham.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 01:42:27 pm »
Hahaha...  Jersey Girl wasn't for fans of the Askewiverse, either, hahaha...

It wasn't a bad film, but it wasn't up to the standard set...

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 03:34:35 pm »
It REALLY suffered because Jason Mewes was in rehab or w/e...

Hmm...maybe they could add a gothed out Lucca (they'd have to make her all goth to fit in, right? lol) into that DMC mix...Wondershot! FTW!?!

:P

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 12:18:02 am »
Ok Lavos gets different DNA and spawns... so in essence the lavos spawns can be different... perhaps Jenova was a product of one of those spawns...

Amazing... absolutley amazing. Now, what happenned first, Final Fantasy 7 or CT... if we know we might know where what came from.

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 02:22:14 am »
Ok Lavos gets different DNA and spawns... so in essence the lavos spawns can be different... perhaps Jenova was a product of one of those spawns...

Amazing... absolutley amazing. Now, what happenned first, Final Fantasy 7 or CT... if we know we might know where what came from.

Proof that they have no relation!
I love Chrono Trigger!
I Loath Final Fantasy 7!
Hehehehehehe sorry I was Being rude...

Similarities don't necessitate connection. I am reminded of the strong plot similarities between Ender's Game (SF) and Harry Potter (fantasy). Both books have brilliant children who had been subject to ridicule in their "normal" homes and whom exist in such a state due to a powerful but seemingly vanquished threat to humanity. Due to their natural abilities both are sent to a special school to study, where the popular sport that determines social rank involves flying children. At that school they make key friends and begin teaching other children how to fight against the threat to humanity that apparently isn't as vanquished as most people thought. Both children are specially tutored by a learned sage who has faced the enemy before but who is unable to completely defeat it. In the end, thanks to the friendships the main character has formed, he makes a large sacrifice but is able to save the day.

My point being, similarities between stories abound fairly frequently. That doesn't mean that such stories are actually connected.

Where would we be without the disturbingly similar cliche plots that make this world great ^^
hehehehehe.....

W...w...wait I play Pokemon games! (I don't watch the Anime...just play the games) Something about forcing two creatures to fight eachother makes me feel good, and gosh darn it I admit.....I like certain cute things......like Pichu.....not Pikachu...I like the baby form.....don't look at me......damn that was embarrassing......I need a hug..... *Walks away sulking*

That would be...interesting.....I can't say awsome as I must never be happy or excited.....lest the world be completly reshaped into a new version just for me....