Author Topic: Translation stuff, again.  (Read 9696 times)

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Translation stuff, again.
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2005, 03:04:44 am »
Quote from: Arc Impulse
Oh, and I'm a girl.  *grin*

Lmao.

Although, this is probably a safe a forum as it gets to admit that.

Arc Impulse

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://duelist.livejournal.com/
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2005, 03:32:48 am »
>.>  Well, if I didn't think it was safe, I wouldn't be posting here to begin with.  Female Chrono fans, as you may have noticed, kinda have our own separate side of the fandom. ;3

JLukas

• Fan Project Leader
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2005, 03:32:29 pm »
Thanks Arc.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 06:40:33 am by JLukas »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2005, 04:10:03 pm »
We're always here if you need tasks done to assist this effort.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2005, 09:53:17 pm »
This comes from CT: The Perfect, scanned by CuteLucca. These ???'s piqued my interest as I was preparing all the accessory/weapon/etc. concept art. It's the information for the Red Knife.

Arc Impulse

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2005, 11:12:12 pm »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
This comes from CT: The Perfect, scanned by CuteLucca. These ???'s piqued my interest as I was preparing all the accessory/weapon/etc. concept art. It's the information for the Red Knife.

*Equipped by:
Cannot be equipped

*Obtained at:
Earthbound Cave

*Special effect:
???

A powerful item created by the Guru of Life, Melchior.  It's a holy knife made from the red rock, Dreamstone.

Edit: o_O  Somehow I put 'weapon' the first time, but it actually says 'item'.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2005, 11:27:30 pm »
Bah, I was hoping it would be something different. What, I'm not sure. Huge thank yous for the translation.

Arc Impulse

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2005, 11:41:05 pm »
No problem.  Happy to help satisfy your curiosity, LOL.

Ramsus

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2005, 08:45:17 am »
Quote from: Symmetry
Quote from: Arc Impulse
Oh, and I'm a girl.  *grin*

Lmao.

Although, this is probably a safe a forum as it gets to admit that.

I dunno. Some forums, like Ponju, it feels like the girls outnumber the guys at times.

JLukas

• Fan Project Leader
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
status
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2005, 12:37:38 pm »
On the subject of interesting translations, I'm putting up a post in the Analysis forum with some Singing Mtn. discussions I found on Japanese web sites.  Arc, if you're interested in doing a translation, I (and many others here, I'm sure) would be very thankful  :D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 06:39:22 am by JLukas »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2005, 06:58:34 pm »
Just noting that we've had mention on a Japanese blog. Google's translation yielded, hilariously:

- With reason ' the clo no * trigger ' as for the person who would like to inquire about overseas God arrangement
' Chrono Compendium '
At the column of direction under the sound source should be searched.
Especially, is splendid being to be the arrangement where perhaps every one music which is in the column " of the Stuff of Legends " of the VGMix you should have tried hearing a thing there is.
For example ' the The Frontier ' with as for the tune which is said symphony wind arrangement of opening theme. Mosquito carp I.

Mosquito carp I; generous words indeed. It's at http://harmoniac.jugem.jp/?month=200412 if anyone feels like translating. I'd like to tell that person thank you, I guess. They seem to be complementing our music section.

Oh yes; I've begun digging around the Wayback Machine in lost Chrono Trigger sites. It's pretty interesting; Chronoshock's old incarnation is in there, but I've only scratched the surface. This was in there as well...

http://web.archive.org/web/20030924200654/http://www.chronocompendium.com/

Aha, that brings back memories.

Arc Impulse

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2005, 11:26:59 pm »
*snerk*  I love machine translators.  They're so...  wacky.  X3;

Quote from: From the JP site above, a blog called Harmoniac
海外のゲームミュージックアレンジャーたち
music @ 2004.12.03 Friday 17:23

私は小中学生の時ゲームおたくでとおっていたが、やっぱり今でもその当時にプレイしたゲームが好きだ。っていうかここ5、6年のゲームはよく知らない。最近のだと「ヌヌネネヌヌネノ」くらいしか知らない。

当時私がプレイしたRPGの中で、一番のお気に入りだったのはやはり『クロノ・トリガー』であったと思う。ストーリーも面白かったが、やっぱり音楽がすごくよかった。
日本でもクロノ音楽のアレンジは結構盛んに行われていて、沢山の音源を聴くことができるのだが、海外のゲームキッズたちも光田康典氏をはじめとするクロノ作曲陣の音楽をかなりお気に召しているご様子。それ系のサイトをサーフするとでるわでるわアレンジミュージック。
基本的にスクウェアのゲームミュージックはJASRACに登録されていないが、これだけアレンジされまくってていいのかいな(海外じゃあ自作アレンジCD売ってる人もいる)とも思ったりするが、聴くだけの側としてはあまり気にしない。素晴らしい作品が多すぎて卒倒。

つーわけで『クロノ・トリガー』の海外神アレンジを聴きたい人は
『Chrono Compendium』
の下の方の欄にて音源を探すべきである。

A very rough translation of the first part:

Overseas Game Music Arrangers
music @ 2004.12.03 Friday 17:23

I passed through my elementary and middle school years as a game otaku, but of course I still like the games I used to play even now.  Having said that, I don't know the games from these past 5 or 6 years very well.  When it comes to the latest stuff, "Nu nu ne ne nu nu ne no" and such, I don't know it very well. (1)

Back in those days when I played RPGs, I think the one I liked the most was, of course, Chrono Trigger.  The story was interesting, and the music was amazingly good.  

In Japan, Chrono music arrangements are fairly popular, and you can hear them many places, but Yasunori Mitsuda's compositions also seem to be catching considerable interest from overseas game kids.  While surfing those sites, you'll find a lot of arranged music. (2)  It's standard for Square's music not to be registered with JASRAC, but [sorry, I couldn't get the rest of this sentence].  There are so many works wonderful enough to make you faint.

The people who want to listen to the divine overseas Chrono Trigger arrangements need to search the sources in the column of people under
"Chrono Compendium".

(1) I have no idea what he's talking about here. o_O  So this is my best guess.
(2) Another best guess.  I have no idea what でるわでるわ means and neither does my dictionary.

Skipped the rest of it, as that appears to be the only reference to the Compendium.  The Japanese is a little difficult for me because of its conversational slanginess/informality.

J, I'll have a look at it!  I make no promises, but I'll do my best ^^;

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2005, 10:58:46 am »
Aha, interesting. I'm glad we've been recognized as a definitive listing and source for all remixes and arrangements outside Japan for the Chrono series. I have tried to find the ultimate Chrono site in Japanese before, but each one I came to seemed to be part of a large webring, and was riddled with graphics advertising that webring.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2005, 12:47:00 pm »
Don't worry about your limitations in translating; you're already far better than anything else we could manage. Thank you very much for your hard work in this regard.

Arc Impulse

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2005, 07:51:06 pm »
Aww.  Thank you, I appreciate that.  I'll keep doing what I can.

I do think I have a slight advantage over some amateur translators in that I also have a significant facility with the writing techniques of the English language.  So my dialogue hopefully comes out sounding a little more natural.