Author Topic: Big bang Alteration Theory (nothing to do with Chrono Series)  (Read 2746 times)

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Big bang Alteration Theory (nothing to do with Chrono Series)
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2008, 11:47:12 am »
Who cares when and how the univerise started.  The past is the past, what is done is done.  Look forward!  [And live in the moment!]
One must learn from his past, in order to make the best of his future.

I pray this doesn't turn into the "Oh No.  Oh God." thread
Believe me Boo, I do as well...

but I'm not 100% sold on science as a whole.
I think it would be fairer to say the current practice of science; there's nothing inherently 'solid' in science, so it's always 'evolving'.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2008, 12:05:25 pm »
I think it would be fairer to say the current practice of science; there's nothing inherently 'solid' in science, so it's always 'evolving'.

Agreed.  You worded it better.  Thanks.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2008, 12:07:42 pm »
Who cares when and how the univerise started.  The past is the past, what is done is done.  Look forward!  [And live in the moment!]

Ehh, normally true but I don't believe finding out how the universe started would help much of anything other than a scientist or two getting recognition as well as a plethora of books, both fiction and non.  Of course, that is my opinion.

BROJ

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2008, 12:11:45 pm »
Ehh, normally true but I don't believe finding out how the universe started would help much of anything other than a scientist or two getting recognition as well as a plethora of books, both fiction and non.  Of course, that is my opinion.
Physics in general would benefit from this; our understanding of space, the very nature of time, the laws that govern existence and interaction; nay *'everything'* hinges on knowing more about the Big Bang.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2008, 12:23:04 pm »

Physics in general would benefit from this; our understanding of space, the very nature of time, the laws that govern existence and interaction; nay *'everything'* hinges on knowing more about the Big Bang.

Well, I failed physics in high school, so I won't try and refute something I have no idea about and something you seem very passionate towards.

BROJ

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2008, 12:36:28 pm »
Well, I failed physics in high school, so I won't try and refute something I have no idea about and something you seem very passionate towards.
Passionate, no; there has been much ill-truths fraught against the Big Bang theory and science in general--I merely am balancing the scales.

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2008, 02:59:44 pm »
Ooh. The smell of pseudoscience can be felt from three blocks away.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2008, 08:43:26 pm »

BROJ

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2008, 08:52:51 pm »

*shutters*

Not even gonna go there...

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2008, 09:01:00 pm »
Pictures are worth 100 words

x_XTacTX_x

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2008, 09:07:13 pm »
Wow. All of this in less than 24 hours? That's why I love this forum...

Unlike the "Oh no.. Oh God No" thread I think I'll become a steady poster in this thread.

Boo the Gentleman Caller stated that the fact that we were created simply satisfied him. I definitely agree with this, being agnostic I don't tend to ridicule others' beliefs and I like to believe their is a higher power.

But to refer back to when I started this thread, I do believe the Idea of traveling back in time to that singular molecule is copmeletely false and would result in immenent death.

Also, to the Chronoverse theory, the characters depicted in the game tend to be human, or at least of humanoid nature. I think we'd fit in just fine. Our answer to Demi-Humans appear to be Primapes, or something like that, and we all have a similar biological structure so it would be very probable we'd stay in our own form, not just disentigrate into energy.

BROJ

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2008, 09:55:39 pm »
Boo the Gentleman Caller stated that the fact that we were created simply satisfied him. I definitely agree with this, being agnostic I don't tend to ridicule others' beliefs and I like to believe their is a higher power.
I tend to agree with this(Big Bang Theory) as well as a 'God'(to those who would pull the Occam's Razor card; keep it to yourselves please.), as well I believe in actively attempting to preserve neutrality(I hate when the scales are tipped *too* far, regardless of their effect.)--a rare trait these days--and protect the opinions of others, if they have legitimacy.

Also, to the Chronoverse theory, the characters depicted in the game tend to be human, or at least of humanoid nature. I think we'd fit in just fine. Our answer to Demi-Humans appear to be Primapes, or something like that, and we all have a similar biological structure so it would be very probable we'd stay in our own form, not just disentigrate into energy.
If there were *extra*(or less), hidden or known dimensions in this 'Cronoverse'(an effect of different initial conditions) it would cause the imported matter(us) to become effectively unstable and break down into radiation; if we're lucky, that is.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 10:03:18 pm by BROJ »

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2008, 07:24:09 pm »

If there were *extra*(or less), hidden or known dimensions in this 'Cronoverse'(an effect of different initial conditions) it would cause the imported matter(us) to become effectively unstable and break down into radiation; if we're lucky, that is.

Not neccesarily.The term human is actually thrown around a lot in both games, even though our depiction of them is of an animated nature. If what you're saying is that we wouldn't be compatible because of the Chronoverse's denizens designs, where's your evidence? There's a chance that our own biological structures could be altered to fit that world. Then again, we're not even sure we're not fully compatible.

But on the other hand, we're talking about a video game here.

BROJ

• View Profile

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2008, 07:53:03 pm »
What are you getting at?