Author Topic: We Don't Need an FFVII Remake.  (Read 1055 times)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: We Don't Need an FFVII Remake.
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2008, 07:41:06 pm »
in defense of remakes...  the final fantasy remakes for gba and ds have been superior than the originals, i have to admit.  and i hear the final fantasy tactics remake was LOADS better than the original.

and yeah, the whole ff7 remake thread seems to have been started as a response to the ff7 tech demo.

if it's happening, it's not happening any time soon.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2008, 07:52:56 pm »
Sword of Mana was also a good 1000x better than the original...even if people didn't like it very much on it's own (I still thought it was cool...!). I think those people mostly hadn't really even played the original...

I'm not sure if I'd say all of the GBA FF remakes were 'superior' to the originals...more like a different take. I mean, I love new translations, but I don't know if there was enough of a difference in, say, FFVI Advance to call it 'superior'...I mean, no Celes chained to the wall sprite!!! FTW!?! :P I could call RPGOne's retranslation superior...but I probably wouldn't...>_>

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2008, 09:27:38 pm »
Okay, I've gotta admit, I never played the FFVI port...  It's the main one I didn't play.   :shock:

If they butchered that one it's pretty much over for Squeenix...  That's pretty much the favorite of the pre-PS era Final Fantasy's...

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2008, 12:13:34 am »
Ok... without looking  at replies here is why they need to remake ff7....

They have already made so much in the compilation that this is a must....

Expect it on PS 4 or X-box 720 or Nintendo wiiner

Anacalius

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Enlightened One (+200)
  • Boredom is not a burden that anyone should bear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2008, 02:26:17 am »
FF7 doesn't really need a remake, most remakes end up destroying the game in some fashion...I'd rather have the game stay the way it is and not give the fans a reason to bitch about something else.

I'd take a remake, no doubt. If they did it right, it would be awesome. If they did it "wrong", then who cares? Stick with the original. It's not like the original will be wiped off the earth or something.
And as far as the fans go, someone's always going to bitch. Just look at Chrono Cross, bad ass game, insane amount of criticism, most pointless, dumb criticism at that.

in defense of remakes...  the final fantasy remakes for gba and ds have been superior than the originals, i have to admit.  and i hear the final fantasy tactics remake was LOADS better than the original.

You're right about FFTactics, no doubt there.
I disagree with the GBA statement though. FFVI was and still is my favorite FF to date, and the extremely watered down and further censored GBA version just doesn't cut it for me, even with the bestiary added to it and what not. They did do a good job of getting the game to work well for GBA, though, but in comparison to the original, I think it's still up for debate.

Sword of Mana was also a good 1000x better than the original...even if people didn't like it very much on it's own

Indeed.

Okay, I've gotta admit, I never played the FFVI port...  It's the main one I didn't play.   :shock:

If they butchered that one it's pretty much over for Squeenix... 

They didn't "butcher" it, but it's not better, in my opinion anyway.

Ok... without looking  at replies here is why they need to remake ff7....

They have already made so much in the compilation that this is a must....

Expect it on PS 4 or X-box 720 or Nintendo wiiner

-_-
Look back at the posts...

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2008, 04:34:38 am »
Quote from: Anacalius
I'd take a remake, no doubt. If they did it right, it would be awesome. If they did it "wrong", then who cares? Stick with the original. It's not like the original will be wiped off the earth or something.
And as far as the fans go, someone's always going to bitch.

Yeah...thanks for being awesome.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2008, 12:30:35 pm »
And as far as the fans go, someone's always going to bitch.

amen.