Poll

Who would win in a fight?

Crono
40 (70.2%)
Serge
17 (29.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: Crono vs. Serge  (Read 12031 times)

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Crono vs. Serge
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2008, 10:49:46 pm »
Oh yeah, definetly! But what I wanna know is...
What kinda soda cause if it's Dew, I'm iffy on if he could really be called hero cause I can down some Dews fast.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2008, 10:50:14 pm »
It's Cider! :B

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2008, 04:05:44 am »
Beer or saki, it's all the same to Crono. Serge would drink sea water because Leena told him to & end up dying.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2008, 04:17:09 am »
Wait a sec...

You just proved it, If Leena said kill Crono then Crono wouldn't have a chance against Serge. After all he was told to do it.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2008, 04:31:43 am »
You missed the main point though in that Leena only asks Serge to do stupid things that can get him killed.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2008, 04:46:35 am »
It been stated the the idea of them fighting is stupid and ridiculous, and that he would get killed. so that mean Lenna would send him and he would survive.

Hah! beat that circular logic  :D

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2008, 12:07:16 pm »
Translanka was saying she sends him to do something and Serge dies.
Go kill Crono.
With Serge usually succeeding but dying immediatey, the most that could happen would be a draw.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2008, 12:46:04 pm »
She sends him to go kill baby dragons for a goddamn necklace...Both of them are obviously mentally disabled (or at least Serge is so whipped his mind is addled regardless).

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2008, 02:32:49 pm »
No wonder the Dragon God wants Serge dead.
To think it all started with what sounded like an innocent request, but truth be told, Leena is an evil mastermind!
"Kill the Komodos! Kill every last one of them! *insert maniacal evil laugh here*"
Sadly, Serge cannot speak and refuse. Maybe that's why he doesn't speak, because he's so whipped by everyone(especially Leena)that he cannot decide for himself, others decide for him.
Serge would make a great campaign for the anti drug commercials!

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2008, 04:03:58 pm »
Sadly, Serge cannot speak and refuse. Maybe that's why he doesn't speak, because he's so whipped by everyone(especially Leena)that he cannot decide for himself, others decide for him.

Oh no, he can, it's just that she'll continually ask until his brain (what's left of it) turns to mush and he caves.

To be fair, the same thing happens to Crono with Marle...but it's for slightly more important things...like preventing the destruction of the future at the hands of an alien entity.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2008, 04:39:03 pm »
That sounds like a better reason then what Serge has. Serge doesn't even truely know what he's doing until much later in the game. Until then he's following people all while hoping along the way he might find a way out of his troubles. Of course Kid is also a problem to Serge, constantly blabbing to kill Lynx, when it's her problem and not his.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2008, 06:54:29 pm »
Serge's troubles: he escapes the bitch (Leena), his lame ass fishing town & his boring mom (Crono's mom was a thousand times more interesting), finds a much better girl (Kid), and all-around gets in a lot of minor adventures that don't even compare to the history-altering events Crono & Co. bare witness to...If only he had just said, "Nope! I don't care about the Frozen Flame or why I'm dead here and shit's all different! This could only end in a mindfuck and I have precious little left to me!" But alas, like you said ONSLAUGHT, he's a goddamn pushover.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2008, 07:35:14 pm »
Well Serge was stranded in Another World for a while, so he felt utterly alone and confused, thus why he followed Kid and such around.  He was tagging along because he didn't really have anywhere else to go. 

But at the point when he COULD go home he was already rapped up in the affairs of his comrades (and got the ball rolling) and I think he felt a natural concern to stay with his newfound friends and help them see THEIR problems through ('til the end).

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2008, 12:05:32 am »
And then the ending pops in where the characters all give speeches about how they realize that they need to solve their own problems and that they will do so. And so Serge realizes his helping them only resulted in them realizing they never needed him around in the first place, and Serge learns he was a waste of time in one world and a slave in the other world.  :P Life doesn't sound too good for Serge. I mean, he DID get to save Schala but unless he enjoys killing and slaughtering for his own amusement, that was really all HE got out of Chrono Cross. Kid gets the goods and Serge gets raped mentally AND physically!

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2008, 09:28:27 pm »
Let's not forget that Serge gets a swift kick to the crotch if you agree when Korcha asks to marry Kid.