Author Topic: Nintendo Power Poll (/VOTE FOR CHRONO QUICKLY!!!)  (Read 4028 times)

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
Re: VOTE FOR CHRONO QUICKLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2008, 10:51:36 pm »
WE HAVE RESULTS!!!!!

It's official -- the results of Nintendo Power's VC Poll are in, and EarthBound is #1. The coolest part -- MOTHER came in fourth place, ahead of Majora's Mask!

1. Earthbound
    2. Super Mario RPG
    3. Chrono Trigger
    4. Mother
    5. Majoras Mask

An awesome list. Kudos on the voters for picking great games!

Is Mother the original or Mother 3 with Lucas?

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
Re: VOTE FOR CHRONO QUICKLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2008, 10:54:20 pm »
the original mother for the nes I imagine, and I do think that this constitutes as proof that CT still has a market. More evidence like this and SE will notice.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Power Poll
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2008, 10:58:22 pm »
I vote for a merge as well.

What's up FaF? Where ya been hiding?

You need to re-add me on Brawl since I got a new code.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: Nintendo Power Poll (/VOTE FOR CHRONO QUICKLY!!!)
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2008, 11:23:00 pm »
I didn't know where I should have posted the merge, but there ya go! Maybe it should have been merged into the General section since it's done now and it's basically a results thread? Damn! I'll move it all there then, I guess...I knew this would be difficult for me to do...

EDIT: Anyways...the list looks to me, besides CT, like people just voted for the biggest series Ninny had...I mean...Majora's Mask? Really? Maybe they've already got most of the good stuff on the VC already, I guess?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 11:27:48 pm by V_Translanka »

placidchap

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2008, 10:07:30 am »
Majora's mask was pretty good, I thought.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2008, 11:37:45 am »
Yeah, I LOVED Majora's Mask. It was different (for a Zelda game), but I loved it.

Molotov

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • SDA Chrono Cross page.
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2008, 02:33:26 pm »
I'd just like to say that while I knew it wouldn't happen, the lack of Fire Emblem is disgusting. Seisen no Keifu and Thracia 776 are far better than any game on that list, but oh well. It seems people can never get enough of their precious Zeruda (#sda joke), but Earthbound? I guess I'll have to try that game out sometime and see if it's worth a crap (it has Ness, so I doubt it).

End useless rant. :P

Anacalius

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Enlightened One (+200)
  • Boredom is not a burden that anyone should bear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2008, 02:39:59 pm »
Meh, a vote done by the public - What did you expect?  :?

Majora's Mask was a good game, but the fact remains - It doesn't belong on that list (Especially since OoT was so much better, anyway).

Earthbound got #1 though?  :shock:
I'm actually, genuinely surprised. It's been far too many years since I have played it to pass judgment on what I feel about that, but I will say that SMRPG doesn't deserve to be ahead of CT.

placidchap

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2008, 04:05:37 pm »
Majora's Mask was a good game, but the fact remains - It doesn't belong on that list (Especially since OoT was so much better, anyway).

I'm actually, genuinely surprised. It's been far too many years since I have played it to pass judgment on what I feel about that, but I will say that SMRPG doesn't deserve to be ahead of CT.

True on OoT vs Majora's.

Never played Earthbound...but I'd have to say that SMRPG is one of the best Mario games out there.  CT, SMRPG and FF6 are my 3 favourite SNES games, so SMRPG being ahead of CT doesn't bother me.

Anacalius

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Enlightened One (+200)
  • Boredom is not a burden that anyone should bear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2008, 05:06:39 pm »

True on OoT vs Majora's.

Never played Earthbound...but I'd have to say that SMRPG is one of the best Mario games out there.  CT, SMRPG and FF6 are my 3 favourite SNES games, so SMRPG being ahead of CT doesn't bother me.

Good choice of fav SNES games. FFVI owns all, though.  :)
SMRPG was epic, but I don't think it's quality is quite up to par with CT - There's so much more depth and what not to CT than SMRPG. So, no, it doesn't really "Bother" me, but I think CT deserves the spot more than SMRPG.
Earthbound is actually pretty good, if I recall, but again, it's been FAR too long to say for sure. Check it out here -
http://www.fantasyanime.com/legacy/earthbound.htm

If I recall, the game seemed terrible at first, but was actually good after playing a while.

Mitchr90

• Guardian (+100)
  • I am here to protest beauty pageant sexism
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2008, 10:08:55 pm »
i want..
1 chrono trigger
2 anything for the 64DD they didnt (exactly) release, like simcity 64, or earthbound 64, or dinosaur planet
3 radical dreamers
4 mario rpg
5 chrono trigger

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2008, 11:15:34 pm »
Quote from: Molotov
I'd just like to say that while I knew it wouldn't happen, the lack of Fire Emblem is disgusting.

Too true...the series is great, but the reason it's not on the list, ironically enough, is because of it's limited exposure...>_> And yet the most popular, well known Ninny series, Zelda, Mario & Mother...though Earthbound being so high IS kind of surprising...I think interest in the game's been pretty good...especially since fans routinely get the shaft, like w/Mother 3 (which looks great!...too bad it didn't get a NA release)...

I say do a lot of the unreleased Super Famicom games...but all of which I'd much rather see a cool DS remake of...Live-a-Live, Bahamut Lagoon, Der Langrisser...Star Ocean & Tales of Phantasia too, now that I think of it...I think ToP got a GBA port, though, didn't it? Anyways...it could still use a nice DS remake...

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2008, 12:04:51 am »
Bahamut Lagoon is a great game, even though I haven't played much of it yet.

It's Fire Emblemesque , wouldn't you say?

Molotov

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • SDA Chrono Cross page.
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2008, 12:53:12 am »
Too true...the series is great, but the reason it's not on the list, ironically enough, is because of it's limited exposure...>_>

The reason it's not on the list is that they would likely be losing money by translating and releasing them for only $6 or so a shot. With the remake of Ankoku (1) coming out for the DS eventually, they would be amazingly stupid to hurt their profits on any potential $30/35 release of the unreleased (outside Japan) games.

Sure, they released two of them in Japan already (Monshou/Seisen), but I don't think it's a huge problem over there. Heck, it could be a good thing (revive any lost interest in a re-release).

I'm hoping the DS game does extremely well, so that they consider remaking/porting the rest. The problem is, Nintendo of America will destroy the difficulty on something like Thracia (which is completely exaggerated). Wimps still complain about it nowadays, so just imagine the average Joe playing it: "OH NO! Leaf isn't as powerful as Hector or that guy who had blue hair like Marth! Why can't I solo everything with him?! This game sucks/is too hard!"

As you can tell, I have issues.

* Molotov sticks to his imported cartridges, because memorization > language barrier.

...Der Langrisser...

Take my advice: get a copy of Langrisser: Dramatic Edition (Saturn). You will NOT be disappointed, since it's easily the best game in the series. For those who may not know, Dramatic includes the PC Engine (I think) version of Langrisser I and a major touch up to Der Langrisser (fast movement, lots of voice acting, some animated FMVs, new portraits/scenarios/branches, and mostly better music (which is saying something)).

Bahamut Lagoon is a great game, even though I haven't played much of it yet.

It's Fire Emblemesque , wouldn't you say?

Somewhat. Though to compare the two is like saying (in my opinion of course): "My <crappy vehicle> is similar to your <good vehicle>, right?" Sure, they both have engines and tires and what-not, but... (I need to lay off the mushrooms.)

That said, Bahamut Lagoon has great music and the gameplay is tolerable.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 12:56:03 am by Molotov »

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2008, 04:23:18 am »
In that Fire Emblem is Shining Forcesque? Yeah, a little bit...WITH DRAGONS!!!...hooray!...?

Quote from: Molotov
The reason it's not on the list is that they would likely be losing money by translating and releasing them for only $6 or so a shot. With the remake of Ankoku (1) coming out for the DS eventually, they would be amazingly stupid to hurt their profits on any potential $30/35 release of the unreleased (outside Japan) games.

Sure, they released two of them in Japan already (Monshou/Seisen), but I don't think it's a huge problem over there. Heck, it could be a good thing (revive any lost interest in a re-release).

I'm hoping the DS game does extremely well, so that they consider remaking/porting the rest. The problem is, Nintendo of America will destroy the difficulty on something like Thracia (which is completely exaggerated). Wimps still complain about it nowadays, so just imagine the average Joe playing it: "OH NO! Leaf isn't as powerful as Hector or that guy who had blue hair like Marth! Why can't I solo everything with him?! This game sucks/is too hard!"

Yeah, but I don't think people took into account business models when the Ninny fans voted in that poll...

Anyways, yeah, I've only played that one game of the Langrisser series...I wouldn't mind playing the others at some point...but a Saturn game...really...? No, I couldn't do it to myself...maybe if they port or remake it...>_>