Author Topic: Another Topic To Find The Rom  (Read 24751 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Another Topic To Find The Rom
« Reply #480 on: April 14, 2009, 09:13:29 am »
Sorry forgot to check in :-/

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 16, 2009, 05:24:12 am »
Added in developers room. 

Dev Room people = Me, 99, Zeality, Nightmare, Vehek, Cyber, FW, Darkken, Generic Beta Tester.   

Basically people who have contributed in the last year. Vehek, I also would like you to be somewhere in game as well (I need location and dialogue).  I anted to add a bunch of NPCs and do the concert idea Nightmare mentioned before but it really is impossible cause of pallette.  It was hard getting everyone on the list as it was in the same room ( I had to spread everyone out so you couldn't get too many people on a screen at a time.

I need lines and sprites for everyone who doesn't have one I suggest making them surreal and crazy or hints for the game.  Some filler text i put is is chrono'99 saying to beat the game again if you haven't after unlocking the room, zeality saying to give feedback to the compendium, me saying how busy things got in the last month, and Nightmare asking if they caught last nights 24 episode :) (by the way it blew my mind)

Tomorrow is (hopefully) the final bug squash day......there's 4 pages of bugs, but a bunch of them are just "double check this before you release" (for example making sure gato is in gato's exhibit).  Vehak gave me a good one though :)

--JP

« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 05:26:28 am by jsondag2 »

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 16, 2009, 06:23:59 am »
Aha, I'm sure there will be many more bugs when I do my playthrough very soon.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 16, 2009, 02:34:36 pm »
hah yea I'd expect nothing less :).  BTW before you do you're playthrough make sure you apply the tech patch it seems to be safe based of FW's results but you can't have too many tests.

--JP

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 16, 2009, 02:42:42 pm »
I'll be ready to start my playthrough soon too. Should I wait until Glenn is in?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 16, 2009, 02:47:18 pm »
So far so good with the tech patch. I'll finally get further in the game later tonight to continue testing, but the data was static so it should be all good. JP, have you double-checked with a patch log yet? If not, I'll get one up tonight so you can peruse it.

When Glenn is in, we'll have to think of new techs to replace both "Slurp" and "Slurp Kiss." It would be kind of cool if Glenn could "lasso" the enemy like a cowboy; we might be able to make a Slow or Stop tech for that, and still make use of the "tongue" that way. But whatever you guys decide.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 16, 2009, 02:53:18 pm »
oh ok then.

Well...i mean we don't really have to wait i'd consider this patch good to go.   JP's seal of approval granted :)

I can patch it tomorrow unless chrono'99 beats me too it.  If you have any specific descriptions you want post them in this thread.

--JP

:) .   Zeality you'd probably be waiting awhile to get Glenn.  After glenn is inserted I'll probably do a super fast play through (level ** and stuff). So I would just tech patch it up and start.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 18, 2009, 02:11:27 am »
OK, let's do this thing.

Check out.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 18, 2009, 04:24:03 am »
Totally random assortment of bugs fixed.  Pretty much all of the bugs left are Zeality text/reminders.....We'll see what happens to those haha.  Tomorrow I'm going to try to clean up some of the maps that he's got on there  but I'm not making any promises.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 19, 2009, 04:07:58 pm »
zeality reported some bugs, i'm off to fix them I want to keep this under control before the 99 rush :)

--JP

EDIT: Oh yea, 99 I tried making the CC epoch by editing just tiles and failed miserably, it'll probably be easier to just edit the epoch tileset directly to make it (especially since it's changing the colors as well).  It might be kind of hard though because it's in a few scenes:

E.o.T
Agent 12 shooting down the missile
Chronopolis Coming in for landing
Chronopolis Landing

These scenes may use a few pallettes....

--JP
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 04:10:40 pm by jsondag2 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 19, 2009, 05:42:53 pm »
Bugs back down to < 3 full pages.

Also finally tracked down how to change the song state (you have to set some random memory value to 00 first). So now in the opening scene with the "cogs of fate turn again" it transitions......however since we could really be anywhere in the song Chrono Trigger I didn't know how to handle it.  If you sit there long enough you'll hear the rest of the song, but if you just started to repeat the song you probably won't wait long enough to hear it...If we move the change song state earlier it's possible for the song to completely finish too early and everything happen in silence.

I also change the song state for Hidden Truth for the between reptite chapter scenes, but again they could be at any point inthe song.  I lengthened the transition to 5 seconds but anymore and it's annoying.

Anyways this is really icing on the cake stuff so meh.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 20, 2009, 03:42:31 am »
quick check out

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 20, 2009, 04:39:59 am »
Fixed latest round of Z's and FW's bugs.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 21, 2009, 05:56:52 am »
working on polishing the lab, going to bed.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 22, 2009, 04:46:03 am »
knocked it down to < 2 full pages today.

--JP