Author Topic: Top 10 Video Games  (Read 4527 times)

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
Re: Top 10 Video Games
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2008, 02:58:27 pm »
In response to... dammit, Boo! I was gonna do something, but then YOU distracted me! Grr! *shakes fist*

... anyway.

Toughest FF bosses... My sis has beaten Emmy of 7. Ruby and Emmy are scary to me. Ozma of 9, though... *runs screaming in terror*

*runs back* Oh! And 10! In the International version, I hear the Dark Aeons and Pennance are a BITCH! They look SCARY! *run*

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2008, 07:03:09 pm »
What? No love for Omega & Shinryu from 5? Or maybe even Intangir from 6 (w/o X-Zone)?

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2008, 12:03:34 am »
... wait, you can not use X-Zone on that boss? Wow, that never occured to me before ;)

Tonberry King was the hardest boss in the FF series, I think. One touch kills and there really isn't much of a way to level up enough to make him easier.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2008, 01:27:27 am »
I've... never played 5... and I haven't played enough of 6 to get a feel for it...

God, you know something is horribly wrong when TeaFlower is posting around MIDNIGHT! ... ON THE SUNDAY BEFORE THE MONDAY AFTER A VACATION!!!!!!!

My project is near complete... after checking other... stoof... I'll post details.

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2008, 07:24:41 pm »
Ozma of 9, though... *runs screaming in terror*
I had beaten Ozma without doing the sidequest. (mostly because I didn't know about it the first time I played through...  :?) And after about NINE ATTEMPTS I *finally* defeated ozma. Although I often found myself *screaming* "SON OF A B****"  and promptly chucking the controller across the room. :x.
What? No love for Omega & Shinryu from 5? Or maybe even Intangir from 6 (w/o X-Zone)?
I beat all of them on the first try, albeit with suped up characters (on 5 anyways, if you're not at least capable of defeating the main boss and then some, "don't even try until you get better or stronger", whichever comes first), they weren't easy by any means, just nowhere near as difficult as normal Ozma or *limiter released* Indalecio from Star Ocean 2.  :shock:

... wait, you can not use X-Zone on that boss? Wow, that never occured to me before ;)

Tonberry King was the hardest boss in the FF series, I think. One touch kills and there really isn't much of a way to level up enough to make him easier.
Tonberry King from FF8? I didn't really find him extremely difficult. Of course I never really gave him the chance to get *too* dangerous.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2008, 08:51:53 pm »
Wait, there's a sidequest in Ozma?

... WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

Oh, I've had that feeling of screaming at my game before... stupid bloody Yojimbo! You take all my monies and then you SUCK?! And I have to PAY you?! I do more damage throwing monies AT the bloody thing! You're like Rutee! Always looking for money!

And that gets me to another point!

BEAT THIS GUY. He might look like a girl but... FIRST. TIME. AROUND. Beat him. Do it. Now. Go get ToD and BEAT LEON. First time, with just Stahn, Rutee, and Mary. WITH RUTEE LOOKING FOR GALD ALL THE WHILE!!! *twitchtwitch*

... heh.

BROJ

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2008, 09:33:13 pm »
Wait, there's a sidequest in Ozma?

... WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

Oh, I've had that feeling of screaming at my game before... stupid bloody Yojimbo! You take all my monies and then you SUCK?! And I have to PAY you?! I do more damage throwing monies AT the bloody thing! You're like Rutee! Always looking for money!

And that gets me to another point!

BEAT THIS GUY. He might look like a girl but... FIRST. TIME. AROUND. Beat him. Do it. Now. Go get ToD and BEAT LEON. First time, with just Stahn, Rutee, and Mary. WITH RUTEE LOOKING FOR GALD ALL THE WHILE!!! *twitchtwitch*

... heh.
Yeah, the sidequest entails locating and fulfilling the requests of the little animals (in order) such as the ladybug, sheep, ram, etc. Its almost as annoying as just beating Ozma normally.

I just d/led ToD a couple weeks ago, haven't played it past the ship part yet, though.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2008, 09:51:36 am »
... or *limiter released* Indalecio from Star Ocean 2.  :shock:

Did you ever try to beat him with his limiter released? (Or actually beat him )  I tried once and I became his mop as he cleaned the floor with me.  I hear your level has to be pretty bulked up to finish him off...and I do  not have that kind of dedication, I am afraid.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2008, 08:36:32 pm »
I just d/led ToD a couple weeks ago, haven't played it past the ship part yet, though.
As in the ship where you're Stahn, running around and killing shit? Or when Mary, Rutee, and Leon are in your party, heading... somewhere? There are SO MANY BLOODY SHIPS in that game. (bad stuff happens when you're on a ship in ToD.)

BROJ

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2008, 04:42:28 am »
... or *limiter released* Indalecio from Star Ocean 2.  :shock:

Did you ever try to beat him with his limiter released? (Or actually beat him )  I tried once and I became his mop as he cleaned the floor with me.  I hear your level has to be pretty bulked up to finish him off...and I do  not have that kind of dedication, I am afraid.
Yes, I did, only I was at Lv 255 (all characters: Rena, Claude, Dias, and Ashton) with the best equipment and constant item/magic use (like every few seconds).

As in the ship where you're Stahn, running around and killing shit? Or when Mary, Rutee, and Leon are in your party, heading... somewhere? There are SO MANY BLOODY SHIPS in that game. (bad stuff happens when you're on a ship in ToD.)
First one, I only got about 15 minutes into the game. So far It seems to be a unique and fun game.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2008, 07:38:12 pm »
First one, I only got about 15 minutes into the game. So far It seems to be a unique and fun game.
I've never beaten it. It's fun, though.

I dare you to kill Leon your first time through. **Spoiler** He's a pushover later. **End Spoiler**

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2008, 10:36:20 pm »
star ocean: til the end of time...

didn't enjoy it very much...  i just couldn't get into the plot and i kept finding myself bored by the plot.  the dungeon design was abysmal, truly.  alas...  because star ocean 2 was amazing...

BROJ

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2008, 05:31:48 pm »
star ocean: til the end of time...

didn't enjoy it very much...  i just couldn't get into the plot and i kept finding myself bored by the plot.  the dungeon design was abysmal, truly.  alas...  because star ocean 2 was amazing...

Speaking of which I'm starting up a new game on SO3. (deleted all my old saves to remove the temptation to be complacent.)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2008, 06:58:57 pm »
BROJ - seriously let me know how that goes, because i have been known to hate a game on the first playthrough and love it on others.  such as final fantasy IX, which i now love.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2008, 07:10:23 pm »
I've always thought that the Pokémon games were disarmingly difficult...I mean, you see all these cutesy animal characters with cutely named abilities like Tail Whip & Water Gun and yet the games have incredibly intricate leveling systems...and LEVELING is key.

I personally didn't really like SO3 myself, Boo. Lots of people have praise for the battle system...but I just couldn't stand not controlling the CPU characters. The AI is supposedly able to be trained to be not so stupid all the time...but wtf...Otherwise I thought it was ok. Kinda cool transcendent storyline that adds to the series...I personally loved Star Ocean though. One of the BEST 16-Bit games there was.