Author Topic: Questions about Lynx  (Read 2632 times)

Niccolo

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Questions about Lynx
« on: December 11, 2004, 11:50:47 am »
I've been wondering what becomes of Lynx/Wazuki after the "good" ending.  When Serge wakes up on the beach with Leena, it appears that all the events in the game did not happen(except for freeing Schala).  In the reordered timeline where Schala is freed of the TD, does this prevent Wazuki from ever becoming Lynx and he contiunes to live happily with Serge and Marge?  Or does he stay dead as you defeated him/her/it as FATE?  Wait, in the reordered timeline FATE doesn't exist, right?  Or does that mean...arrggh!!!  I've got a headache :(

Hiroshino

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Questions about Lynx
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2004, 12:38:46 am »
From what it sounds like, only Schala was freed and everything started over when the timeline was reordered. Wazuki was already Lynx before Serge even starts out on his adventure. Fate was still around too because Fate was responsible for what happened to Wazuki. Chronopolis was thrown back in time due to the time crash, and even with the timeline reordered, this would have still happened and Fate was in Chronopolis. I am also assuming that the timeline that was reordered was the the one where the events in Chrono Cross occurred.

Niccolo

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Questions about Lynx
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 06:32:33 pm »
Ah, I see now.  I guess I was just hoping for one of those super-duper-happy endings where everything turns out nice and happy :D.  I just started playing this game a few weeks ago and the plot had me confused as all heck, even though I've played Chrono Trigger!

Zatopek

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Questions about Lynx
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2004, 11:52:59 am »
Quote from: Hiroshino
From what it sounds like, only Schala was freed and everything started over when the timeline was reordered. Wazuki was already Lynx before Serge even starts out on his adventure. Fate was still around too because Fate was responsible for what happened to Wazuki. Chronopolis was thrown back in time due to the time crash, and even with the timeline reordered, this would have still happened and Fate was in Chronopolis. I am also assuming that the timeline that was reordered was the the one where the events in Chrono Cross occurred.

But then wouldn't FATE/Lynx still be hunting Serge to swap bodies in order to gain entry to Chronopolis?  Seems like a loop more than an ending, unless FATE's goals and motivations were changed in the Ideal Timeline.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Questions about Lynx
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2004, 12:00:06 pm »
Yeah but isn't the Frozen Flame the energy source of FATE? and isn't Lavos the energy source of the Frozen Flame? If so, then with Lavos' death FATE wouldn't be able to boot (or something), and so Chronopolis wouldn't have control over El Nido.

Hiroshino

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Questions about Lynx
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2004, 07:41:15 pm »
Yeah, in the Ideal Timeline when everything is cleared up and such, the Time Devourer is finally gone and Schala is freed. Without FATE's power source, El Nido would be free from its grasp and since there is no Time Devourer, there isn't any dragons either. From what I remember hearing, the seven dragons (seventh being created from the original six) all form the Dragon God which was consumed long ago by the Time Devourer, and with no Time Devourer/Dragon God/Seven Dragons, there's nothing for FATE to have power over and nothing to worry about if FATE lost its power source since there are no dragons, no Dragon God, and no Time Devourer to worry about. Schala is freed and the timelines are back in order and El Nido can live in peace without FATE's hold on them. Also, since FATE loses its power, I think it would die and shit and that would also eliminate Lynx too I think.

Simple. :)

Oswego del Fuego

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/moon/dandymasher/schala.html
Questions about Lynx
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2005, 02:51:35 pm »
The way I read the ending, time would revert back to the date of Schala's interference and proceed from there.  So, Wazuki and Miguel should be alive, etc.

OdF

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Questions about Lynx
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2005, 01:33:02 am »
In addition to Schala being freed, I always understood that FATE no longer existed as well (therefore Lynx too).  Remember Kid said that now everyone's free to make their own future, after you leave Terra Tower?  Schala also mentions something about you "being able to live your own life" in the ending as well.  So, I understood FATE was gone too, not just everything is the same except Schala's free.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
Questions about Lynx
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2005, 02:49:56 pm »
How did FATE originate? I can't seem to recall that right now.

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Questions about Lynx
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2005, 05:05:34 pm »
FATE?  it was build in Chronopolis from Mother Brain...

and i always assumed that time was restored all the way back to the dimensional split...

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Questions about Lynx
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2005, 06:26:45 pm »
FATE was a construct of Chronopolis (and a modified Mother Brain program), and Chronopolis was a construct of Belthasar, as part of Project Kid.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Questions about Lynx
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2005, 07:00:42 am »
Quote from: DeweyisOverrated
FATE was a construct of Chronopolis (and a modified Mother Brain program), and Chronopolis was a construct of Belthasar, as part of Project Kid.

I believe Chronopolis wasn't part of Project Kid initially. When Belthasar was cast into the future, he just lived his life as a scientist and one day found the Frozen Flame. He then built Chronopolis to study it and time-traveling in general. It was only later that he discovered what happened to Schala, thanks to his research, and planned Project Kid.