Author Topic: Two questions and an observation about Kid.  (Read 4926 times)

Chrono Eternal

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Two questions and an observation about Kid.
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2005, 12:31:40 am »
Quote from: Hiroshino
Just a quick note; it wasn't me that you quoted there. :wink:

Oops!  Sorry about that!  :oops:

*Just went to fix previous post*

Darmani

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Two questions and an observation about Kid.
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2005, 01:04:02 am »
Quote from: Teflon
Questions:

1. Why do the Cybots in the Black Omen look and act JUST like Gato?

icon swapping.  But really its sorta like iwth a car.  The general shape and other stuff are just bound to be popular/common maybe even required by physics until the technology evolves to miniturise certain parts or make this or that lighter

Zeal may share Magus's love for mindpuzzles in her fortress and made the Cybots to just mess with their heads.  Also the Omen was gathering info and watching the world.  She observed the curiousity of this "robot" and using the much more advanced materials and technology of the Omen to create a more suped up version of Gato.

Aside: Hence Lucca's much debated "impossible to build line" humanoid bots are ridiculously difficult to build with OUR science. The balancing of the chassis, the required programming and sensors, the space and complexity of the brain, etc.   Lucca could probably make a brain the size of her room the equal of robo's but Robo's body and capabilities with that mind not to mention durability would be impossible.  She could make something the size of a tiger or like an elephant. but not humanoid.  Even her mini steam robo in the anime ending is kinda clutzy and is more or less just a really advanced Robopup if THAT.

2. Why do the ghosts in Chronopolis dissapear after you kill FATE? Did FATE provide some sort of life-support system for them, and after she died, they died too?

Because Chrono Cross is really poorly designed as a game and flawed in execution as a story.  Mainly because the ghosts are poor devices to exposit some sorta notes as to WHERE and WHY the story is happening in the maddenly railroading and dull fetch quest and are set to vanish after an event in the game happens.  It just happens to be after FATE vanishes because the designers want you to go fight the dragon and not you know explore this techno temperal citadel of wonders.

Okay okay in game reason?  With the poorly defined temporal mechanics it appears as if time is echoing and such creating quantum "ghosts" interacting shadows between time and space in Chronopolis.  When the Frozen Flame is stole Chronopolis's field is gone as is FATE really.  No Flame or FATE and the field that makes these echoes more observable collapse.

The observation:

Here's a little interesting thing I saw when you bring Kid to the Radical Dreamers intro in Chronopolis for the first time.

Full transcript:
*end of part about Serge talking about memories of Kid*
Kid: "Radical Dreamers...!?"
Kid: "And me name's on here, too!"
Kid: "What the bloody hell is goin' on?"
<new textbox appears>
Kid: "And here's a passage with me and me old mates."
*start part about Magil, Serge and Kid talking to each other, before infiltrating Viper Manor*

Anybody feel like looking into this?

No I shelled out real money for this game I play Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue more.  Also I think its just a nudge nudge wink wink for the fans.

Fox

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fox.calcpages.com
Re: Two questions and an observation about Kid.
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2005, 06:38:51 pm »
Quote from: Teflon
Questions:

1. Why do the Cybots in the Black Omen look and act JUST like Gato?

2. Why do the ghosts in Chronopolis dissapear after you kill FATE? Did FATE provide some sort of life-support system for them, and after she died, they died too?

The observation:

Here's a little interesting thing I saw when you bring Kid to the Radical Dreamers intro in Chronopolis for the first time.

Full transcript:
*end of part about Serge talking about memories of Kid*
Kid: "Radical Dreamers...!?"
Kid: "And me name's on here, too!"
Kid: "What the bloody hell is goin' on?"
<new textbox appears>
Kid: "And here's a passage with me and me old mates."
*start part about Magil, Serge and Kid talking to each other, before infiltrating Viper Manor*

Anybody feel like looking into this?

1. There are only three ways I can think of.
A. Gato is originally based on a small amount of knowledge Lucca had about those robots.
B. Queen Zeal saw Gato from the Black Omen and either liked the design or wanted to screw with the groups head.
C. They both just happened to create very similar robots.

And as for the Kid thing, maybe something similar to RD happened in the main timeline, only without the whole "Kid is Schala" and "Magil is Magus" revelations, along with the whole thing with obtaining the frozen flame and all.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2006, 06:47:08 pm »
Inquiry

What does Kid mean when she refers to her old mates in the record of Radical Dreamers in Chronopolis?

Answer

It is probably simply a nudge to the previous game. Otherwise, it would have serious implications for the plot; namely, that Kid knew others who fit Serge and Magil's descriptions and personalities while on the mainland. This would mean Radical Dreamers took place in Chrono Cross's continuity, which is completely impossible.

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2006, 08:55:19 pm »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
Inquiry

What does Kid mean when she refers to her old mates in the record of Radical Dreamers in Chronopolis?

Answer

It is probably simply a nudge to the previous game. Otherwise, it would have serious implications for the plot; namely, that Kid knew others who fit Serge and Magil's descriptions and personalities while on the mainland. This would mean Radical Dreamers took place in Chrono Cross's continuity, which is completely impossible.

Quote from: GrayLensman
Schala has what can be considered a transdimensional existence.  Since Kid is an entity who exists in multiple dimensions, she may have inherited a connection to her alter ego in Radical Dreamers from Schala.

DBoruta

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2006, 10:00:59 pm »
There was defiinitely a band of thieves called Radical Dreamers in Another World, and Kid was definitely a part of it.  

Lynx:
   Aha...
   So you must be Kid, then...
   A member of the fearsome
   band of thieves known as
   Radical Dreamers, correct?

Kid:
   Besides...
   The little 'un's got some
   guts to steal from a member
   of the Radical Dreamers!
   Hahaha!!!

Glenn:
   Blonde braids...
   A blood red blouse...
   That sounds like the
   description of that
   thief from the Radical
   Dreamers...

Also, This quote shows that Kid is not transdimensional in that she has knowledge of what versions of her in other dimensions do:  

Kid:
   Radical Dreamers...!?
   And me name's on here, too!
   What the bloody hell is goin' on?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2006, 10:17:33 pm »
The debate still exists concerning whether the Radical Dreamers was really one person or a real group of thieves.

DBoruta

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2006, 10:33:07 pm »
No, Lynx himself confirms that it was a band of thieves:  

Quote from: Lynx
Aha...
So you must be Kid, then...
A member of the fearsome
band of thieves known as
Radical Dreamers
, correct?

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2006, 05:53:33 am »
I always thought Kid was all alone after Lucca's house burned down and she was just a good thief that she could make people think radical dreamers has more members. That's probaly why Lynx thinks it's a band.

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Oh how I wish to dream again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2006, 11:32:56 am »
Yes, the truth is that there is no in-game evidence about Radical Dreamers being a group. However, Lynx is a very wise character in general (although not as much as in RD), so I doubt whether he would believe a false rumor if there wasn't really strong evidence about it.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2006, 11:46:45 am »
Before Kid's arrival in El Nido, it's still debatable whether the Radical Dreamers were a group or just Kid...

The quotes which refers to the present time are less ambiguous though: during the game, the villagers speak about the Radical Dreamers as a group because they count Serge and the party as members:
[Woman]
   Did you hear?
   That infamous band of thieves,
   Radical Dreamers, raided
   Lord Viper's manor!
   It's become so vicious
   around here. If only
   we had peace, I couldn't wish
   for anything more.

DBoruta

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2006, 11:57:11 am »
Lynx was on the Zenan mainland, where the Radical Dreamers are rumored to be from, before Chrono Cross happened.  If he doesn't have knowledge of who they are, then who does?  Seriously, Lynx is an extension of the FATE computer - you can't say that the FATE computer can't distinguish between a person and a group when it can observe multiple dimensions.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2006, 12:37:09 pm »
Some people believes Lynx doesn't have access to FATE's knowledge... Anyway, FATE might not be able to observe a whole dimension after the Prometheus Circuit prevented her from using the Frozen Flame. Her only remaining source of knowledge, the Records of FATE, only exist in El Nido...

Also, Lynx might have used the plural form for simplicity. If he used the singular, Viper would be surprised and would question him.

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2006, 12:55:47 pm »
While there is no evidence the Radical Dreamers a group, there is no evidence they're NOT a group either. I really, REALLY doubt Kid could cause this much trouble. I believe Lucca might of built up the base for what would become the Radical Dreamers. Besides, Kid said she was left all alone, but then again you can save some (if not all) of the brats in Lucca's place.