Author Topic: Two questions and an observation about Kid.  (Read 4863 times)

Teflon

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Two questions and an observation about Kid.
« on: December 09, 2004, 10:37:55 pm »
Questions:

1. Why do the Cybots in the Black Omen look and act JUST like Gato?

2. Why do the ghosts in Chronopolis dissapear after you kill FATE? Did FATE provide some sort of life-support system for them, and after she died, they died too?

The observation:

Here's a little interesting thing I saw when you bring Kid to the Radical Dreamers intro in Chronopolis for the first time.

Full transcript:
*end of part about Serge talking about memories of Kid*
Kid: "Radical Dreamers...!?"
Kid: "And me name's on here, too!"
Kid: "What the bloody hell is goin' on?"
<new textbox appears>
Kid: "And here's a passage with me and me old mates."
*start part about Magil, Serge and Kid talking to each other, before infiltrating Viper Manor*

Anybody feel like looking into this?

Peaceman

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 11:13:13 pm »
The thing about the Cybots, I have an idea.  You know at the end of the Black Omen you see all the playable characters (except Magus) floating in little cylinders?  Well, just by this I think it's obvious that the Black Omen, or more specifically Zeal herself "researched" on the different characters.  When she was getting info on Lucca, she probably found out about Gato and said to herself, "Hey, maybe I can improve that robot to make it more deadly!"  It's only a theory, and a pretty crappy one at that, but bear with me.

Teflon

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 11:19:07 pm »
It's possible that how the Black Omen made the holographs also allowed Queen Zeal to make better versions of old monsters, but I see her making the Cybot more for irony's sake than trying to make Gato into a killer robot.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 05:30:53 pm »
Maybe they just wanted to reuse the sprite only with Zeal colors...

Also...I don't know about that second quote of Kid's...Where she says "me old mates"...I don't remember her saying that exactly...Seems like I would have remembered that...Also...Wait...Can Kid be in the party at that time? Do you have to go back with her afterwards?

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 05:37:28 pm »
Well, she can't be in your party the first time, but you can leave that message unread and come back later when you have her.

Hiroshino

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2004, 01:20:00 am »
I always thought you could read those panels more than once. I might be wrong since it has been a long time since I've played Chrono Cross. If you can only read that panel once though, you could skip it (since it isn't required to read to advance further in the game) and come back to it later when you have Kid in your party, and read it with her in your group.

About the Cybots looking and acting like Gato:

Queen Zeal, the Mammon Machine, and the Black Omen were all part of Lavos. Lavos copied the DNA from every living creature on the planet, and I think the planet itself. I'm guessing the Black Omen also did the same, by copying the DNA of every living creature. So, because of this, the Cybots look like Gato. I also agree with Peaceman's theory on getting info from Lucca and finding out about Gato.

About the disappearance of the ghosts in Chronopolis after Fate's demise:

I'm guessing that Fate had something to do with the ghosts and monsters in Chronopolis, one way or another. Notice how, when you kill Fate, and go back to Chronopolis, you don't see any of the ghosts or any monsters? Well, with Fate gone, they ceased to live. Fate had something to do with them all one way or another. Seeing as how Fate had main control over Chronopolis too.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Two questions and an observation about Kid.
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2004, 05:05:07 pm »
Quote from: Teflon
1. Why do the Cybots in the Black Omen look and act JUST like Gato?

As V_Translaka said, they probably just wanted to reuse a robot sprite. Those Cybots look like Gato, but they really doesn't look like the Cybots from Chrono Cross anyway...

2. Why do the ghosts in Chronopolis dissapear after you kill FATE? Did FATE provide some sort of life-support system for them, and after she died, they died too?

I think it has more to do with the Frozen Flame being unplugged than FATE disappearing. Whatever these ghosts are, they are like this because of the Frozen Flame's Time Crash. So, when Harle took off the Flame, they disappeared...

As for the Kid quote about her "old mates", it's weird. I've heard about it but always thought it was a rumor. I've no clue on it...

Dunsparce

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2004, 11:14:44 pm »

Queen Zeal, the Mammon Machine, and the Black Omen were all part of Lavos. Lavos copied the DNA from every living creature on the planet, and I think the planet itself. I'm guessing the Black Omen also did the same, by copying the DNA of every living creature. So, because of this, the Cybots look like Gato. I also agree with Peaceman's theory on getting info from Lucca and finding out about Gato.

Um, Gato is a ROBOT, which means it does not have DNA.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2005, 10:34:14 am »
Quote from: Dunsparce

Um, Gato is a ROBOT, which means it does not have DNA.

True, but Lavos doesn't copy just DNA, since he can mimic robots (Dragon Tank, Guardian), and some special beings who might or might not have DNA (Zombor, Masa&Mune).

Oswego del Fuego

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/moon/dandymasher/schala.html
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2005, 02:50:01 pm »
The Kid quote is exactly as Teflon gave it.  It isn't a rumor.

As for what it means, I don't know.  Kid says that Serge and Magil are her "old mates."  Does this mean she knew Magus when she was on the Zenan Continent?

OdF

Hiroshino

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2005, 02:59:46 pm »
Quote from: Oswego del Fuego
The Kid quote is exactly as Teflon gave it.  It isn't a rumor.

As for what it means, I don't know.  Kid says that Serge and Magil are her "old mates."  Does this mean she knew Magus when she was on the Zenan Continent?

OdF

That's a good question. Kid came from the Zenan Continent Mainland and she is from Radical Dreamers, even in Chrono Cross. People in Arni Village (I think, and possibly more places in El Nido) mention how Radical Dreamers was a notorious gang of thieves on the mainland, or something like that.

GrayLensman

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2005, 09:00:55 pm »
The observation:

Here's a little interesting thing I saw when you bring Kid to the Radical Dreamers intro in Chronopolis for the first time.

Full transcript:
*end of part about Serge talking about memories of Kid*
Kid: "Radical Dreamers...!?"
Kid: "And me name's on here, too!"
Kid: "What the bloody hell is goin' on?"
<new textbox appears>
Kid: "And here's a passage with me and me old mates."
*start part about Magil, Serge and Kid talking to each other, before infiltrating Viper Manor*

Anybody feel like looking into this?

Schala has what can be considered a transdimensional existence.  Since Kid is an entity who exists in multiple dimensions, she may have inherited a connection to her alter ego in Radical Dreamers from Schala.

Swordmaster

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2005, 10:02:25 pm »
Quote from: GrayLensman

Schala has what can be considered a transdimensional existence.  Since Kid is an entity who exists in multiple dimensions, she may have inherited a connection to her alter ego in Radical Dreamers from Schala.

Could it be a hint pointing that there is only one DBT for all dimensions ?

Chrono Eternal

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2005, 11:43:36 pm »
Quote from: GrayLensman
Schala has what can be considered a transdimensional existence. Since Kid is an entity who exists in multiple dimensions, she may have inherited a connection to her alter ego in Radical Dreamers from Schala.

Is it possible that it could be the exact opposite?  Is there perhaps only "one" Kid?

This could be possible because Kid either does not exist, or is off doing something on the mainland in the Home World.  (I've always found that ironic that she never appears there, though, because she is responsible for its creation.)  If the case is that she does not exist in the Home World, we can assume that she can only exist in one world at a time.

Let's say Schala used the Astral Amulet/Pendant/whatever to bring Kid to the Radical Dreamers world, for purposes of...
[list=a]
  • meeting Serge
  • meeting Janus (or perhaps vice versa, so Janus can meet Kid)
  • sparking interest in the Frozen Flame
  • getting hints towards who she really is
  • [/list:o]
    Then, after the adventures are over, Schala brings Kid back to Another World, and Kid forces herself into believing the RD adventure was simply a dream, similar to what Schala did to Serge after the CC adventure.  This would give reason towards how Kid seems to know Serge during their "first" encounter at Another Cape Howl.

Unlikely, yes, but possible.

Hiroshino

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2005, 12:15:30 am »
Just a quick note; it wasn't me that you quoted there. :wink:

I always thought that there was one DBT anyway. It would make sense. The place where timelines/dimensions are thrown in to and such.