Author Topic: CG R66-Y Scene - finished 3d art  (Read 11865 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: CG R66-Y Scene - finished 3d art
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2008, 06:48:13 pm »
Should I go ahead and post all the Robo work to the fan art page?

Straafe

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2008, 07:18:19 pm »
sure, did i post this in the wrong area?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2008, 07:26:57 pm »
Nah, I'm just going to post a site update tonight and wanted to make sure.

me4all4

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2008, 09:09:20 pm »
I just downloaded the anim8or program, and am working on the eggplant tutorial as we speak.  Thanks very much for the program, Straafe!  You rock!

About how long have you been programming and doing 3d rendering?

Straafe

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2008, 01:00:32 am »
@:me4all4

I started with anim8or probably approximately 5 years ago. But do not think for a second it takes 5 years to be able to produce something like in this thread, I really took my time learning this stuff. I probably used anim8or for about a year or two before switching over to max, it then took me a while to get used to the 3ds max environment (3ds max comes with plenty of very useful tutorials, and those helped a lot).

If i were you, I would first do the eggplant tut, then look for other anim8or user-made tutorials. There is actually quite a bit of resource for that program. What Steven Glanville (i believe that is his name) did by creating that program for free was quite a feat.

After you do some tutorials, make up a project or two for yourself. Like model a bowling pin or a pumpkin. Dont kill yourself by trying to model some super realistic dragon right off the bat.

ANYWAY, after working with the hair and getting frustrated, I wasn't sure it was going in the direction I wanted so I started working on other things (his clothing / armor). Here is an update with his UNTEXTURED leather gloves, vest, undershirt, ect. Haven't tried to tackle the cape or pants yet.

edit: ps these are screenshots from 3ds max, not renders

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2008, 01:10:40 am »
I love the fact that when I clicked on the first pic, the ad below the cap read: "Find love this Valentine's Day! Join Singles Net!" I mean, come on, it's a pic of Magus...

It's amazing how different the hair looks prior to rendering. All you can really see are placeholder strands for the hair, so it probably takes some skill to know what it will look like when you've got it rendered. The musculature is really impressive, and I can't wait to see what you come up with as far as the armor textures.

Straafe

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2008, 01:16:21 am »
yea, when the hair placeholders look better than the rendered version, you know something's wrong...jk lol

Straafe

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2008, 02:11:00 am »
initial texture solution for the vest..

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2008, 02:15:58 am »
 :shock: Damn boy thats some nice leather your sporting.

stingrayiii

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2008, 02:36:32 am »
Wow looking good. Can we see some wireframes of your Robo model. I think your animation is great. I wish I could animate that well.
Hope to see more.

Straafe

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2008, 02:44:28 am »
Ill post some wireframes tomorrow :)

initial boot model:

« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 03:05:53 am by Straafe »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2008, 03:27:33 am »
Well, looks pretty good so far anyways, and I know you're just in preliminary stages w/Magus, but I thought I'd point out this section of Magus' leather armor that I always make sure to include in my own drawings of him if necessary...

Can you make out what I've circled? It seems that his armor is in two separate pieces. I imagine that the top part of the armor (at his shoulder-area) is connected in a similar manner as that of the sides, but it's up to interpretation since in all of the art his cape covers that area.

Anyways, good job so far & good luck!

Straafe

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2008, 03:42:15 am »
you are correct, i made a mental note of that before i made the armor but seem to have left it out. Not to worry, i should be able to fix it. In fact that pic you showed me that on is one of my main ref pics. Thanks! if you see anything else please let me know. I think the porportions of my interpretation will be slightly different from that pic as well, as his legs are shorter in my version. But it will probably all be changed in time.

in fact, heres a render of all of it so far for comparison, so u can see what im talkign about

The pants bleeding thru the middle peice of his armor will be fixed too, dont worry.
next in line to do:

-accessories (ear rings, armor rings, ect)
-tweak hair
-cape (probably very difficult)
-environment/scene construction

as far as the last one goes... anyone have a cool idea for a scene or environment? as with the r66y image, i plan to make some sort of still image to convey a feeling with this character. If someone has a great idea lemme know! One of the fan arts im using for reference is of magus using dark matter, i was thinking of going with something like that.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2008, 03:56:19 am »
as far as the last one goes... anyone have a cool idea for a scene or environment? as with the r66y image, i plan to make some sort of still image to convey a feeling with this character. If someone has a great idea lemme know! One of the fan arts im using for reference is of magus using dark matter, i was thinking of going with something like that.

I thought may be his summoning chambers would be nice.

Cooper

• Guardian (+100)
  • aka Lightningstrike
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart