Author Topic: I'm curious...  (Read 11902 times)

Mitchr90

• Guardian (+100)
  • I am here to protest beauty pageant sexism
    • View Profile
Re: I'm curious...
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2008, 10:02:51 pm »
ive always jokingly believed that when lavos goes #2, he craps out a time portal, and thats how they all came to be.
but figuring out how marle left the pendant and crono didnt is like trying to figure out how lucca could make a gate key without having any connection to the portal itself (since she didnt have the pendant)
i guess shes just really, really, really...  ..really smart!!?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2008, 06:29:54 pm »
I don't think the Pendant is necessary to open gates...Interacting with the Telepod is what supposedly created the first gate, but of course, w/the Entity that's kind of thrown into the wind more or less...Though it's debatable that Schala's gate-closing ability could be attributed to her Pendant, I suppose...*shrugs*

Trixter

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2008, 12:34:53 am »
I don't think the Pendant is necessary to open gates...Interacting with the Telepod is what supposedly created the first gate, but of course, w/the Entity that's kind of thrown into the wind more or less...Though it's debatable that Schala's gate-closing ability could be attributed to her Pendant, I suppose...*shrugs*

Schala's pendant, otherwise known as the Astral Amulet, has shown to have an effect on time and space in both Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross.

In Trigger:
-Schala's pendant allows her to transfer Magus, Crono, and your two teammates out of the Ocean Palace.
-The pendant reacts with the Telepod's signal to open a gate.

In Cross:
-The Astral Amulet is needed to cross between dimensions.
-It's mentioned that whenever Kid was in a life threatning situation the pendant would rewind time.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2008, 01:45:18 am »
Schala's pendant isn't the Astral Amulet. Kid is given three items; the first is the pendant, given to her by Schala; the second and third are the incomplete Time Egg and the Astral Amulet, which is a pouch bearing Zeal's crest containing a magical piece of wood. The Time Egg and the Amulet may be one and the same, but since they are spoken of as separate items, it's inconclusive.

Trixter

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2008, 02:41:26 am »
Schala's pendant isn't the Astral Amulet. Kid is given three items; the first is the pendant, given to her by Schala; the second and third are the incomplete Time Egg and the Astral Amulet, which is a pouch bearing Zeal's crest containing a magical piece of wood. The Time Egg and the Amulet may be one and the same, but since they are spoken of as separate items, it's inconclusive.

You know what?  Once again Zeality proves to me how WRONG he is about most everything in these games. The Astral Amulet and Schala's Pendant are the SAME.

Trixter

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2008, 02:51:30 am »
Now go ahead Zeality.  Go ahead and post your Star Trek picture.  You know you want to.

The only reason you have for believing that the Astral Amulet and Schala's Pendant aren't the same is because the artwork is different.  That's NOT a good enough reason.  The Hero Medal looks amazingly different too and I don't see you saying that that's a different medal.

By watching the anime ending in the PSX Chrono Trigger you see Kid being picked up by Lucca, and Kid has a pendant around her neck.  The only thing Schala could have given Kid was her pendant, the Astral Amulet, because that's all she had with her in the Ocean Palace.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2008, 03:05:55 am »
The only reason you have for believing that the Astral Amulet and Schala's Pendant aren't the same is because the artwork is different.  That's NOT a good enough reason.  The Hero Medal looks amazingly different too and I don't see you saying that that's a different medal.

Pierre finds a different Hero's Medal. His medal looks starkly different from the original, though the tech Medalsome evokes the image of the original piece (acknowledging canonically that Pierre's is different).

[Lucca]
   That's the amulet Kid
   always had so dear to her
   heart!
   If you look carefully you'll
   see that the design on the
   cloth bag is the ancient
   kingdom's royal crest.
   Inside the bag is a
   wooden pendant.

[Young Man]
   Schala's pendant was made from the
   same red rock as the Mammon
   Machine.

Schala left her baby daughter-clone with her ancient pendant, possessing magical powers. This was to safeguard her daughter-clone in life-and-death situations. The pendant would rewind time a little, sending her daughter-clone into a safer point in the immediate past.

Doreen:
   Look closely...
   See that?

Masa:
   Hey!?
   It's the...

Mune:
   ...the Time Egg?

Doreen:
   Yes.
   Although it's not in
   its complete form.

Masa:
   Did that girl with
   the glasses make it?

Doreen:
   Probably.
   Even though it's in its
   incomplete form, if we can
   focus our powers into it...

So, we have wood inside a cloth bag helping to cross dimensions, a pendant imbued with magical powers that keep Kid safe, and an incomplete Time Egg (Time Eggs, as illustrated in Chrono Cross's own design from Belthasar, are not wooden or pendant-shaped). Prove that any one of these items is the same as the other.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2008, 02:22:17 pm »
Considering that he hasn't responded in a while, I find this troll...

OWNED!

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2008, 02:51:45 pm »
Hey, I finally got around to starting up the retranslation (SOMEONE could have told me not to try patching it to the JP version of the ROM)...and after going through the whole Telepod scene again, it got me thinking...I mean, it's not too much of a stretch that the Pendant would fall from Marle because the Telepod disassembles Marle first...plus, the Telepod hadn't been tested on humans prior to Crono & Marle, so it was kind of up in the air as to whether clothes would travel at all! lol

Trixter

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2008, 10:27:56 pm »
Considering that he hasn't responded in a while, I find this troll...

No just no.  I am not a troll.  All of my opinions were well sunstantiated and made perfect sense.  I stopped responding because I'm tired of arguing with you compendium fanboys, Zeality most of all.  There is no changing anyone's mind here because you all think that you're the only ones who know anything about the Chrono series.

With that said I'm done here at the compendium because I disagree with most of what's on this site.  Unless it's straight from the Dream Team's mouths you all need to stop calling your "insights" fact. 

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2008, 10:51:11 pm »
Oh, also, did we go over how Lucca was supposed to get through the gate w/o the Pendant in the beginning? I think that makes it pretty clear that it isn't necessary to open the gates...Apparently the Pendant just made the first gate appear in the first place (or you could say Entity) and the Telepod opened it.

And I don't understand Trixter...where do you think we're getting our information (which we've been debating with one another over the past years)? I mean, do you think we're just pulling shit out of our asses here or something? I mean, if you think that's the case, then by all means, point out our faults. There are areas we've already gone through from various angles, but it's always possible for someone to come up with an entirely new theory that may fit (it's just very rare)...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2008, 11:55:46 pm »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2008, 03:35:34 pm »
I lol'd at "Compendium fanboys".  I don't see how that proving everything you've said to be incorrectly stated to be so wrong.  It was put bluntly yet in an intelligent way.  Either way you should be happy and not raging over something so pointless.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 10:03:40 pm by justin3009 »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2008, 11:14:40 am »
guys, trixter takes his chrono seriously...

...maybe too seriously.

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2008, 10:47:46 pm »
[...] I stopped responding because I'm tired of arguing with you compendium fanboys, Zeality most of all.  There is no changing anyone's mind here because you all think that you're the only ones who know anything about the Chrono series.
[...]

What a dick! And a total moron at that.  :lol:

Seriously, he just contradicted himself. EXAMPLE:

[...] With that said I'm done here at the compendium because I disagree with most of what's on this site.  Unless it's straight from the Dream Team's mouths you all need to stop calling your "insights" fact. [...]

Meanwhile at the beginning of the sentence...

[...] All of my opinions were well sunstantiated and made perfect sense. [...]