Author Topic: CDRs  (Read 1834 times)

Sora

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • The Terror Of Death
    • View Profile
Re: CDRs
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 01:06:39 pm »
im confused, what the hell are we talking aboui?

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2007, 01:20:35 pm »
It's good stuff. Any reason why you went with Mies del Dolor of all the versions of that song, btw?

Yup. The reason is that Mies del Dolor is the version of the song that was released on the North American "A Night at the Opera," which I own. I have a few CDs that contain the English version (Harvest of Sorrow), but those are all live performances and I just tend to prefer non-live. Besides, Mies del Delor doesn't sound so dorky ;)

Fair enough. For primary mixes, I usually prefer studio tracks, but when I like a song, I do go searching for live versions and covers. I like to hear other interpretations of the same song. Although, I don't know if I'd count retranslations as reinterpretations, unless it's something like the Gypsy Kings' version of Hotel California.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2007, 03:18:28 pm »
RD, there is actually a third reason that I like Mies del Dolor; it seems to make a better waltz (it is actually amazing how many metal songs one can waltz to). As to if it is an reinterpretation... I guess I would really need to know how they are singing in Spanish (it is spanish, right?) I suspect that it isn't a direct translation so I would say it should count.

Sora, we in general are talking about what music one tends to burn to CDs (when one burns a CD). A bit old fashioned, but the topic was created years ago. RD and myself were talking about a specific song written by the Metal band Blind Guardian (here is a link to their myspace page, which has four songs for you to listen to. You can also find a disturbing music video of their take on Mr. Sandman, their music video for Another Stranger Me, and a few live performances and fan videos of some of their other works, if you search for "Blind Guardian" on YouTube. I would highly recommend at least giving them a try.

Chrono Master

• Guardian (+100)
  • Our will is the key to our dreams.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2007, 08:53:31 pm »
I used to use CDR's before I recived my MP3 Player. I have every single CT song and remixes I can get my long and thin hands on. (grubby & little don't discribe my hands so that little phrase would not have worked + I wanted to be original :))

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2007, 11:58:43 pm »
Waltz, huh? That's interesting. I have a lot of friends who are swing dancers, and one of them is trying to find metal you can swing to. I've recently given him some Blind Guardian to contemplate. It'll be interesting to see what he comes up with.

Have you been able to find many metal waltz partners?