Author Topic: Another "interesting" theory  (Read 5716 times)

Namara

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Another "interesting" theory
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2006, 09:26:11 pm »
I've had this theory before about the Larubans evolving into the Zealians, but we can't know for sure, especially since not everyone in Zeal had blue hair.  It is a theory to consider seeing as how none of the Earthbound people had blue hair.  The theory though about the blue haired Larubans claiming to be superior reminds me of that old Dr. Seuss book about the Sneetches and their starred bellies. :P  The two tribes probably had some intermingling before they separated themselves though.  I mean 65 million years is a long time for the tribes to stay separated, especially since brown hair isn't exclusive to the Earthbound tribe.

The quote was most likely refering to the past 3 million years, but I'm probably wrong.  There's no real indication that I saw suggesting that it was the case.  It makes more sense for the people to take 2,988,000 years to evolve magic and become airborn than taking a full 64,988,000 years.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2006, 02:32:55 pm »
I would assume it was from 65,000,000 to 62,000,000. It says it triple from its original size, and I don't think you can get much more original than prehistoric.

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2006, 03:11:18 pm »
I'd rather believe the quote meant that it was in 3 Million BC. If humans would of been evolved since 62 Million BC they'd of far surpassed Zeal in 12,000 BC.

SilentMartyr

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2006, 03:17:27 pm »
It doesn't say that they stopped evolving, just that the brain stopped growing. And I'd like to see your calculations on determining how long it should take for a human to gain magical abilities via evolution.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2006, 03:24:43 pm »
Forget magic, I mean technonoly. Human society dates back for the last 3000 years (5000, if you're religous enough),  and for those 5000 years we've built major cities, invented great devices, discovered some great things. You're actually telling me that what we did in 5000 years, took the oh so wise and magically potent Zealians 61 Million years?

SilentMartyr

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2006, 03:47:37 pm »
Huh? Just because they gain those abilities doesn't mean they will instantly know how to use them. I would have to assume that learning to use magic would take much much longer than the actual evolutionary process. Especially with no Spekkio to help.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2006, 04:11:26 pm »
Quote from: SilentMartyr
Huh? Just because they gain those abilities doesn't mean they will instantly know how to use them. I would have to assume that learning to use magic would take much much longer than the actual evolutionary process. Especially with no Spekkio to help.

Don't forget that CT almost mirrors the real world in evolution etc. Look at the big leap from 600AD - 1000AD. In the span of about 20 years, Lucca invents the first robot, computer, gun etc. And then about 999 years later, everyone is living in domes with highways and crazy computers etc.

I'd have to say that the game implies that the evolution started at 3,000,000BC. That would have been the point when the humans first came in contact with the flame. Then somehow that altered them to quickly, so they could not really evolve anymore (they obviously evolved physically over the 62,000,000 years). That is why they are an incomplete race torn between Love and Hate (game says that itself)

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2006, 04:25:06 pm »
Of course they naturally evolved on the course of 65 Million years, and still the Flame evolved them.

In 3 Million years they did what we did in 5000. Then it came crashing down, and it tooks them 14,000 years to get back to that level. Seriously.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2006, 07:35:28 pm »
We have no idea of kingdoms pre-Zeal... for that matter we dont have much about kingdoms post-Zeal and pre-Guardia....  Fact is empires could have came and fell, came and fell.
Another fact about their world, there were magically potent monsters.  Our humans had far less competition. Creatures like the Mystics and the Beasts were far stronger than the animals we faced against.  You can't kill the Beasts with one hit of Lucca's gun, but considering Lucca has a very advanced gun, I am positive it could take out a tiger or even a mammoth.
Human society actually dates back to 8000 BC... aka the neolithic era, with the creations of permanent settlements (you could make the arguement that it starts at 25,000 BC with the paleolithic era) ...  civilization starts at roughly 3100 BC in the city states of sumer...
We have not reached the level of Zeal...  There is no way for us yet to make something like the Ocean Palace, or even something as fast as the blackbird and that size.  We have no way of mass harnessing the energy at the core of the earth or sun.  Truth is we are just more advanced than Guardia 1000 AD.  1000 AD Guardia = I would say 1900 AD US.

Namara

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2006, 08:17:57 pm »
1000 AD Guardia seems to fit along the lines of an earlier time on Earth than 1900, but probably not too much so.  I'd say it'd be fair to say about 1875, but that's just my opinion.

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2006, 10:08:55 pm »
Quote from: Namara
1000 AD Guardia seems to fit along the lines of an earlier time on Earth than 1900, but probably not too much so.  I'd say it'd be fair to say about 1875, but that's just my opinion.

Don't forget the Dragon Tank had missiles.  The Chrono Series is ahead of us in some technologies, but behind in others.  I also think that, because there may not be any fossil fuels available, there was never an industrial revolution.

SilentMartyr

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2006, 10:56:20 am »
Quote from: Zaperking
Quote from: SilentMartyr

Don't forget that CT almost mirrors the real world in evolution etc. Look at the big leap from 600AD - 1000AD. In the span of about 20 years, Lucca invents the first robot, computer, gun etc. And then about 999 years later, everyone is living in domes with highways and crazy computers etc.

I'd have to say that the game implies that the evolution started at 3,000,000BC. That would have been the point when the humans first came in contact with the flame. Then somehow that altered them to quickly, so they could not really evolve anymore (they obviously evolved physically over the 62,000,000 years). That is why they are an incomplete race torn between Love and Hate (game says that itself)

Human evolution cannot be compared to technological evolution, they are two completely separate things that have no bearing on one or another.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2006, 07:11:18 pm »
The only relation they have with each other is the fact technology tends to speed up as humans are in their "final fully evolved" formed... but besides that, they are truly irrelevant.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2006, 06:11:40 pm »
Humans are not "fully evolved." It just seems that way because we can solve almost any problem with our technology. However, though, evolution is a process that never ends. Until we somehow manage to overcome each and every one of our flaws in every field of our existence forever until the end of infinity, we will continue evolving.

JossiRossi

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • Http://spriteville.comicgen.com
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2006, 06:57:40 pm »
Well technically we have stopped evolving in any real constructive manner. Evolution of sexual reproducing species occurs pretty much exclusively in small, stressed populations. Human beings are (for the moment) perfectly evolved. However, being perfectly evolved and perfect are 2 vastly different things. Being perfectly evolved means that a species is capable of reproduction in it's current enviroment. If a species exists and it is capable of maintaining it's numbers then evolution ceases to occur. It simply stops. Evolution for mankind has not occured in a major form in tens of thousands of years. Small changes may have occured one I can think of off the top of my head is a predominance aof a single sickle cell anemia gene in humans from certain locations because having a single gene of that type gives some disease protection. However, nothing major as to change a human into something else has occured or will likely ever occur.

Humanity in all likelyhood is in it's final naturally evolved state. I have no doubt that in the future humanity will alter its genetic code for favorable traits, but it won't be natural. However one could argue that even artificial manipulatation is evolutionary because it was the products of our evolutionary changes that eventually led to us having the tools capable of such modifications.

Well gah, anyway, humanity is done evolving for now. Until human populations get stressed and change is needed for survival then evolution is stalled.