Author Topic: Plausible way of saving Schala in CT  (Read 5636 times)

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Plausible way of saving Schala in CT
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2006, 06:40:47 pm »
Quote from: AuraTwilight
But see, the problem with that is that Schala is already fused with the Time Devourer, which is outside of time, so even if you could save Schala from the Ocean Palace incident, the one you brought back would probably be erased by Time Bastard Theory and you still have to worry about a giant apocalyptic monster threatening to eat all time-space.

Yes, the Time Egg wouldn't work for Schala because she fell through that time-warp.  Crono never travelled anywhere after he died.  Belthasar would have to recover Schala from the DBT.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2006, 09:16:51 pm »
Quote from: GrayLensman
But see, the problem with that is that Schala is already fused with the Time Devourer, which is outside of time, so even if you could save Schala from the Ocean Palace incident, the one you brought back would probably be erased by Time Bastard Theory and you still have to worry about a giant apocalyptic monster threatening to eat all time-space.

Yes, the Time Egg wouldn't work for Schala because she fell through that time-warp.  Crono never travelled anywhere after he died.  Belthasar would have to recover Schala from the DBT.

But see, there should be a split of dimensions here. The fact that Crono already died, and getting Crono before he dies and putting him back into the timeline where he was dead is like what happened with Serge.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2006, 07:51:45 am »
The split of dimensions with Serge was a very special instance, we don't know the exact details of its cause and realization. Besides, even if saving Crono would have split a dimension, it would have split Lavos' Pocket Dimension and not Keystone.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2006, 08:45:44 am »
Quote from: Chrono'99
The split of dimensions with Serge was a very special instance, we don't know the exact details of its cause and realization. Besides, even if saving Crono would have split a dimension, it would have split Lavos' Pocket Dimension and not Keystone.

Splitting a PD would cause Time Bastard, which by most peoples reasoning exists (I don't think so). If the same from any PD exits, then what?

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2006, 09:21:47 am »
Quote from: Zaperking

Splitting a PD would cause Time Bastard, which by most peoples reasoning exists (I don't think so). If the same from any PD exits, then what?

I don't know much about Time Bastard to answer. From what I understand about TB, the theory is proven "false" by Kid having Schala's pendant: Kid's pendant should have been time-bastardized when she time traveled, because Marle's pendant (i.e. the same) already time traveled and got Time Traveler Immunity. Kid time traveled at least twice (when she was created from the DBT to the Keystone dimension, and when she went in the past to save Serge) yet her pendant didn't get time-bastardized... So, I don't know.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2006, 10:06:22 am »

I don't know much about Time Bastard to answer. From what I understand about TB, the theory is proven "false" by Kid having Schala's pendant: Kid's pendant should have been time-bastardized when she time traveled, because Marle's pendant (i.e. the same) already time traveled and got Time Traveler Immunity. Kid time traveled at least twice (when she was created from the DBT to the Keystone dimension, and when she went in the past to save Serge) yet her pendant didn't get time-bastardized... So, I don't know.

I don't believe in it since it's unnecessary.

Namara

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2006, 11:06:39 am »
Quote from: GrayLensman

But see, there should be a split of dimensions here. The fact that Crono already died, and getting Crono before he dies and putting him back into the timeline where he was dead is like what happened with Serge.

Going back to save Crono was completely different than going back to save Serge.  You see, another dimension wouldn't have been created to save Crono because they had a clone, meaning that they made it seem to their past selves that Crono had infact died putting them on the quest to save him.  If they had just snatched him away, then an alternate dimension would be made where the gang knows that Crono didn't die, just disappeared.  That was the purpose of them needing a clone.  Who knows what would've happened if an alternate pocket dimension was created.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2006, 07:23:44 pm »
Going back to save Crono was completely different than going back to save Serge. You see, another dimension wouldn't have been created to save Crono because they had a clone, meaning that they made it seem to their past selves that Crono had infact died putting them on the quest to save him. If they had just snatched him away, then an alternate dimension would be made where the gang knows that Crono didn't die, just disappeared. That was the purpose of them needing a clone. Who knows what would've happened if an alternate pocket dimension was created.

You know, what you said, along with what happened in CC, makes me think. We've been debating for years why the dimensions split, and we also claim there are no paradoxes (besides plotholes) because of our unofficial laws of Chrono time travel. What if dimension splits happen because a paradox none of our laws can solve is created?

Because Kid saved Serge, she didn't need to go save him. This would've been avoided if she put a clone there, but she didn't. So she realized she didn't need to save Serge. But she did. But she won't. But she will. But then she won't etc., causing a loop that can only be solved by severing the worlds.