Author Topic: Lots of remade music!  (Read 1320 times)

Dunsparce

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Lots of remade music!
« on: December 21, 2004, 06:53:31 pm »
a bunch is on the same site with those anime pictures. go to http://csd.varlew.net/ct/ctjuke.php And the site has a downloadable Jutebox Full of music almost all the songs (and lots of different versions of the same song. Right now I'm listening to one of the many versions of "World Revolution" that was on that site. Some of the remade songs are good, but others are tremendously horrible.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Lots of remade music!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 07:28:12 pm »
Chrono Series Database, ugh. "Best source," bah. I keep forgetting about these guys. I swear that one day, they'll be totally left in the dust.

Anyway, nice MIDIs.

Panadero

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • http://csd.varlew.net
Lots of remade music!
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 10:00:56 pm »
Sorry to hear you don't like us. I've been enjoying this site for quite a while, as there are always good articles to read.

I'm also happy to hear that people are enjoying what we have to offer. I don't want to sound like we're in competition, but just to reply to your post, Zeality, we don't plan on being left in the dust any time soon.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Lots of remade music!
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2004, 10:58:37 pm »
I welcome competition, as it benefits the Chrono fans. However, I do tend to restate my ambitions in posts when other sites pop up in discussion.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
Lots of remade music!
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2004, 11:44:57 pm »
Don't mind ZeaLitY; he's always like that. Ambition and competition are the foundations of capitalism, and in cases like this we don't have to worry about capitalism's ugly side.

Panadero

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Lots of remade music!
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2004, 12:42:21 am »
Trust me, it's not like I minded or took it personally. Thankfully, ambition to have the best site out there doesn't always have to result in some sort of virtual turf war, and I'll continue to enjoy this site as long as there is compelling content submitted. As for me, what I lack in design I try to make up for in content; I can only hope that people are able to get something out of my site as well as any other Chrono site around.

Dunsparce

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Lots of remade music!
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2004, 01:11:48 pm »
Some people on the official Square-Enix Forums are really stupid. I mentioned Radical Dreamers, and they thought it was a new Chrono game for the DS! Hah, those fools. Most of them have only played Chrono Cross. Imbeciles. All of them.

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Lots of remade music!
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2004, 05:11:34 pm »
Having looked around on your site, Pandero, I must say I'm impressed. :)
A little friendly competition is a great thing (especially for the best mini series of games ever released IMO), and it does my heart good, as it means that there is still conversation and things going on based on it. I love the midi section, it reminds me of when I was in school, spending all of my study hall time sneaking on the net and listining to midi files similar to these (before SPC) and drifting off into my own little Chrono world... *Chickenlump's heart warms again*

Peaceman

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Lots of remade music!
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2004, 05:18:44 pm »
I still sometimes listen to CT music during school, but New Trier (my school) suspends people for doing stuff like that.  It really pisses everyone off.

Anyway, great site!  Don't worry, you won't get left behind in the dust!

Panadero

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Lots of remade music!
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2004, 06:20:40 pm »
Thank you for the kind words.

As much havoc as it would cause in my schedule, I really wish there was even some inkling of word on a new Chrono game. The excitement of putting up information on a game like Chrono Cross when it was still relatively new is something that comes along far too infrequently in the gaming realm. Sadly, it looks like that won't happen any time soon if at all, what with Square-Enix being too busy whoring Final Fantasy 7 out.