Author Topic: I found something intersting.....  (Read 1484 times)

Gamer8585

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
I found something intersting.....
« on: October 07, 2007, 04:40:54 pm »
I just finished the CT Retran, and I found something very interesting right after the final battle with Lavos. I think this screenshot speaks for itself (see attached). Intentional foreshadowing, or intersting glitch? What do you think?

[attachment deleted by admin]

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: I found something intersting.....
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 04:47:39 pm »
Happens in the original Chrono Trigger. It's probably just a glitch; a ROM hacker could probably look at the event code in Temporal Flux and find out why (like a hanging HideSprite command or something).

Gamer8585

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 06:10:48 pm »
Happens in the original Chrono Trigger. It's probably just a glitch; a ROM hacker could probably look at the event code in Temporal Flux and find out why (like a hanging HideSprite command or something).

I didn't mean to imply that it was a glitch caused by the Retranslation (sorry if you thought that). The thing is it only appears on that white screen and not any of the others. I just think that it fits in kinda well with the plot, which is why I'm not entirely sure that it is a glitch.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 07:26:43 pm »
What exactly do you mean, Gamer?

:?*FaustWolf is clueless*

Does the Lavos bit remaining after the battle represent the Time Devourer, or something?

Gamer8585

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 07:43:42 pm »
What exactly do you mean, Gamer?

:?*FaustWolf is clueless*

Does the Lavos bit remaining after the battle represent the Time Devourer, or something?

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. Here's the theory I'm going on:

Upon seeing the strength of the Hero's Lavos sends the Left Bit into the future to see what happens; Chrono et al. think that it is destroyed. Upon seeing His own destruction, Lavos commands to bond with someone of great power to ensure his survival. The Left Bit goes and bonds with Sara, and waits in the darkness between dimensions as the Time Devourer.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 07:55:05 pm »
A-ha! Thanks for the confirmation, and an interesting theory. I don't know if Masato Kato could have planned that far out in advance considering there was no Time Devourer in Radical Dreamers (I think?). But on the othe hand, it wouldn't be the first time something important was stuffed subliminally into a Chrono game - I'm recalling that screen of Janus and Schala that crops up for a split second when the Black Hole element in Chrono Cross is used, a phenomenon pointed out by V_Translanka somewhere else in the forums.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 03:07:51 pm »
I'm just gonna go with that it's a glitch.

Lavodox

• Guardian (+100)
  • Ignorance is to be whipped. -Franziska Von Karma
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 04:24:51 pm »
Objection!!! Surely this point must be considered further!!

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 06:32:27 pm »
It's probably going to happen sense everything that is probably just a random fluke ends up being a huge plot twist.

LatiasLord

• Porrean (+50)
  • I'm not very useful, OK?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 11:36:17 pm »
Mmmmm, I've seen that bunches of times. It's there probably to imply that the series isn't over yet.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 12:14:13 pm »
Perhaps it's an intentional glitch. As if some programmer said to himself "I'm gonna make the left Bit not disappear so players will ask themselves whether it's a glitch or a link to a potential sequel".

Perhaps like the "Magil" shadow that appears when you read Lucca's letter in Viper Manor in Chrono Cross.