Author Topic: Story 2: Different  (Read 5227 times)

Farkas

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Story 2: Different
« on: September 21, 2007, 10:23:46 pm »
Welcome to the second story in my series of stories for Zeal.  I can't seem to stay away from the earthbounds and they play a large role in this story as well.  Anyway, I would have posted this sooner except for the fact that the equipment from my ship that gives us the internet died right after we took to the seas.  Had to wait till we reached port again till I updated so here it is, enjoy!

Btw, the story is an attachment. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Story 2: Different
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 07:21:38 pm »
I haven't finished reading the whole story yet Farkas, but I must say, well done! A creative take on the beginnings of magic-wielding in the Chrono Trigger world, and I especially liked your take on the social implications of developing magic skills. Just a few minor typos here and there, but writing while seabound probably does that to ya.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
Re: Story 2: Different
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 09:02:43 pm »
Brilliant! I loved it! I never thought Zeal would be created that way, but now that seems to make the most sense! A band of out casts join together and create Zeal turning the tables, the non magic users, or earthbound, become the outcasts. Awesome story!

I felt so bad for Leran but i'm glad he became a part of the beginning of zeal :)