Author Topic: Next Theme  (Read 2253 times)

Gamer8585

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Re: Next Theme
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2007, 08:45:28 pm »
I think the next theme may be reality modification. The plot context will probably involve the concept of "dreams."  The planet's dream vs. Lavos' dream. The two dreams conflict, and Lavos tries to subjugate the planet to its will in a last ditch effort to impose its spirt on the planet (kinda like a cosmic demonic possession). So the planet must reach out to a team of plucky hero's to enter into its dream to stop the Lavos nightmare (it can't be Crono and the gang because this would all happen during the final fight with Lavos).

Personally I think this would make a great Wii game, with being able to change your environment in all different ways, and since dreams can take on whatever aspects are necessary, they can go to different times or dimensions. Even old locations can be revisited: Ioka village, El Nido, Zeal, etc. and even the old cast can make an appearnce as personification of the planets concisenesses (I think thats what the Crono, Marle, Lucca children were in Chrono Cross). Not to mention an actual appearance of Gran (Masa), Leon (Mune), and Doreen. Though the Planet's dream all outstanding questions can be answered, plus it would make an awesome rounding out of the Chrono series.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2007, 08:48:51 pm »
I don't really see those as being the "themes"...I see that each Chrono game starts in a new timeline. Even Chrono Trigger starts with the changes the Entity is making...Change, I think, could be the overall theme of the entire series...

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2007, 09:06:44 pm »
I don't really see those as being the "themes"...I see that each Chrono game starts in a new timeline. Even Chrono Trigger starts with the changes the Entity is making...Change, I think, could be the overall theme of the entire series...
I also Think that choice is a relatively big theme in the series. The choice to stop Lavos, the choice to save Crono, The choice to go against FATE, A choice to stop the dragons. To quote The Terminator:
No fate, no fate but what we make.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2007, 09:35:34 pm »
Um, that's not just from Terminator (Terminator 2 to be specific), y'know...

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2007, 10:38:31 pm »
No, but that exact line is and it's in Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgment day, as well as T3: Rise of the Machines Its one of the main themes of the series. As well as the theme of Chrono Trigger.

Crono vs. The Terminator I wonder...

Gamer8585

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2007, 02:01:02 am »
Crono vs. The Terminator I wonder...

Crono would so own Terminator (the EMP from his Thunder spells alone would be enough):

*Cue battle music*

*Crono casts Shining*

*Terminator looses 2643 HP*

*Terminator is Shocked/Defense Down*

*Terminator uses Shotgun*

*Crono looses 254 HP*

*Crono casts Shining*

*Terminator looses 3526 HP*

*1500 XP gained, 1200 G gained, Shotgun recived, HK armor received, A Chance for Humanity received*

John Connor: Thank you strange spiky haired hero!