Author Topic: what didn't you like about chrono trigger/cross ...  (Read 5997 times)

b2therizzo

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Re: what didn't you like about chrono trigger/cross ...
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2007, 05:12:39 pm »
ok lavos is sentient ... however is not a god; he is limited by time and space.  i think the time portals he creates are not actually created by him but are malfunctions by the mammon machine ... kinda like lucca's machine's malfunction.

Chrono Master

• Guardian (+100)
  • Our will is the key to our dreams.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2007, 05:19:51 pm »
In Chrono Cross you olny get one character that is truely defined (Serge) very few others you also get to know inside and out. In Chrono trigger/Cross you can't play a new Game+ with the enemy's stats increased to maintain a balenced difficulty level. In Chrono Trigger The translation was Messed-up so badly that I want to Destroy all editing censors in existence so all game story lines can truely be expierenced as they were ment to be.

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2007, 06:03:53 pm »
I read the entire retranslated script of CT. Woolsey's work was not THAT BAD. In fact, if you were a thinking person, you could typically see through most of the stuff he changed. "Too much lemonade" and whatnot.

You wanna talk messed-up, try looking at your typing.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2007, 06:12:02 pm »
I read the entire retranslated script of CT. Woolsey's work was not THAT BAD. In fact, if you were a thinking person, you could typically see through most of the stuff he changed. "Too much lemonade" and whatnot.
The translation errors that were a problem were errors in specific information, such as stating that Janus was Schala's step-brother.
You wanna talk messed-up, try looking at your typing.
Excuse me?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2007, 07:30:53 pm »
Talking to that guy.

very few others you also get to know inside and out.

Nikki? Fargo? Kid? Harle? Lynx?

Argh, to see uninformed Cross hate in the Compendium...

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2007, 08:15:17 pm »
He did say very few, and six is a small fraction of forty four.

b2therizzo

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2007, 03:26:49 pm »
can we get back to the topic ... we all agree that there are way to many pc's in cc.  as i look into rewriting the story i will try to eliminate as many as i can.

anyways what did people think about my idea that the wise men were not originally from this world?  right now alot of the plot in my head revolves around the fact that this planet was some sort of safe haven for many inhabitants of other worlds ...

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2007, 10:42:28 pm »
Honestly Rizzo, I think your idea sounds kinda retarded as it is. However, with a skillful enough writer, any idea can turn out grand.

Hell, wouldn't be anymore nonsensical than the normal CC plot. HAHA ICEBURN TO THAT GAME

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2007, 11:28:48 pm »
Honestly Rizzo, I think your idea sounds kinda retarded as it is. However, with a skillful enough writer, any idea can turn out grand.
Maybe any idea can be turn out grand, to use your phrasing. But his idea isn't THAT stupid. It's not fully informed, but it's reasonable enough that with some alteration it might be worth a shot.
Hell, wouldn't be anymore nonsensical than the normal CC plot. HAHA ICEBURN TO THAT GAME
Well, now you're just making yourself look like an ass. Care to explain how the Chrono Cross plot is nonsensical? (It's not exactly paced all that well, but it makes solid sense. It's the pacing that can lead to confusion, not the plot itself.)

b2therizzo

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2007, 01:01:05 am »
alot of the ideas in my head revolve kinda around a story i wrote for a game series a couple years ago (hopefully i will finish the actual game in a year).  i wrote this story where you think your just a hero on a backwater planet, but the truth is that you are the hero of the universe, and you make your way into that role over the course of 3 games ...

see when i write a story for a game that i think will have a sequel or a threequel, i start with the last game and work backwards.  cc's story doesn't really seem to me that square started with the last game and worked backwards.  it just seems that they took a good selling franchise and attempted to capitalize.  i do think cc's plot is nonsensical.  think about some of the characters (like the voodoo doll guy or funguy) where in the previous game did you see anyone of those people's race?  even amongst the mystics?  cc reminds me of a dream state induced by lsd (not that i would actually know what that's like) ... the only thing in my mind that is good is the split of the dimensions, one where the reptites are the victors and one where the humans are.  this idea needs to be revamped and expounded upon.   when you think of it as 3 stories, the 3 settings that i come up with are time, dimensions, and space ... that's the natural progression.

anyways my story for the series is based on the principal that there's always a bigger fish in the sea ... or there's somebody badder than lavos; lavos is the one who goes before whoever this superbad guy is and drains the life out of the planet and removes the inhabitants will to live.  and now because lavos has been taken care of the one follows in his wake is about to run into some trouble on a planet that was supposed to be doomed.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2007, 01:09:39 am »
see when i write a story for a game that i think will have a sequel or a threequel, i start with the last game and work backwards.  cc's story doesn't really seem to me that square started with the last game and worked backwards.  it just seems that they took a good selling franchise and attempted to capitalize.  i do think cc's plot is nonsensical.  think about some of the characters (like the voodoo doll guy or funguy) where in the previous game did you see anyone of those people's race?  even amongst the mystics?  cc reminds me of a dream state induced by lsd (not that i would actually know what that's like) ... the only thing in my mind that is good is the split of the dimensions, one where the reptites are the victors and one where the humans are.  this idea needs to be revamped and expounded upon.   when you think of it as 3 stories, the 3 settings that i come up with are time, dimensions, and space ... that's the natural progression.

1. Funguy and Mojou--both characters I wish had not been seen in the game--have nothing to do with the main plot of the story. Besides, Funguy is actually a man transformed by a mushroom your party gives him, and Mojou is an enchanted doll. Neither one belong to any sort of species.

2. The dimensional split has nothing to do with the Reptite dimension, which is a wholly different dimension that arose of its own accord. Think natural versus artificially induced universes.

b2therizzo

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2007, 01:28:17 am »
anyone else got any stones they wish to throw ... i mean seriously, i want to know what you think!

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2007, 09:06:51 am »
i didnt like the parts when they were trying to remake Radical Dreamers because it could have been better.

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2007, 08:27:41 am »
ok lavos is sentient ... however is not a god; he is limited by time and space.  i think the time portals he creates are not actually created by him but are malfunctions by the mammon machine ... kinda like lucca's machine's malfunction.

Correct.
Lavos is what I would call "Super-Sentient"

Lavos is not a god(can be argued), depends on the personal definition of a "god".
-though Mystics practically worshipped him as one. A "god of destruction" that would purge humanity - or so they were led to believe... Thus, on some level Lavos would be a god ONLY because their HISTORY would be added to his -- and ONLY because that. My definition of a "god" is a supreme being that *can* be worshipped.
That's my two cents on the whole spiel.

Gates on the other hand were created by the Entity, either the essence of the Planet or even the Universe itself (I'm betting on the Planet as it would use the Gates to protect itself from Lavos) Though the latter is contradictory, the Planet would have to know that sending Melchior to 1000 "A.D." TWICE; "technically once", (eg sending him there, then knowing he'd be sent there when Crono and party would try to intervene with Zeal's plans) Therefore, the Planet is aware of all possible realities?  :shock:

"The Planet is alive, it has changed over the aeons" - Zealian Citizen
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 08:32:32 am by Zakyrus »

Melch01r

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2007, 12:40:00 am »
Entire CC. I felt almost betrayed. You know what. I did.