Author Topic: The Much-Needed Bleach Thread  (Read 24930 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: The Much-Needed Bleach Thread
« Reply #195 on: October 16, 2008, 03:43:59 pm »
Yeah, I was worried about Hitsugaya too, but a LOT of other captains and lieutenants get face time (as reasonable as you can expect in the time constraints). There's some fanservice bankais, and...

Well, watch it now. Soon, I'll post a SPRINGTIME OF YOUTH explosion of awesome screencaps from it, but I wouldn't want to spoil what happens. I was satisfied.

On another note, the hard to find Bleach Movie 2 soundtrack has a lot of music being used in the anime right now, including

• The really freaking sad song that plays when Grimmjow is defeated
  • A guitar action theme
  • The "fierce battle" theme; plays when Ichigo goes Hollow on one-armed Grimmjow and when Ichigo goes Hollow on Ulquiorra
  • Other stuff; sadly, Kenpachi's theme isn't in there

Third edit: I'll be seeding.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 04:27:57 pm by ZeaLitY »

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #196 on: October 16, 2008, 05:59:36 pm »
Okie dokie, I'll give it a watch.

I have that soundtrack, it's very epic. I love track 23, 'The Rest of Your Life'.

What theme of Kenpachi's do you mean?

Thank FUCK the anime hasn't used the first movie's awful 'Malicious Gravy' remix of Number One.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 06:02:26 pm by Pyt Fumv »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 16, 2008, 07:17:52 pm »
Yeah, that mix is awful.

You'll see Kenpachi's theme in Bleach Movie 2. It's more like Squad 11's theme.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #198 on: October 17, 2008, 12:26:23 pm »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 18, 2008, 09:10:31 am »
God, Grimmjow is visual sex. If he pops up in the manga, I'm going to officially stop reading again and wait until the anime catches up. Then I can enjoy it with full blue hair and awesome voice acting...

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #200 on: October 18, 2008, 09:16:14 am »
Hell yas. We need to see the long-delayed IchiUlqui fight so Grimmjow can pop in at the end and say something badass about Ulquiorra losing. Then he can join the good side and kick ass in Karakura.

I actually recently heard his VA in Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's as a 'minor character of the week'. Really distinct voice.

...Where the fuck's Yammy? I forgot about him. Same with Wonderwice; I've seen some theories that he's a 'Zero' Espada.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 18, 2008, 09:34:13 am »
Yeah, seems like Kubotite forgot to pair Yammy with someone, and he just got left in the dust. Hah, you KNOW that having Grimmjow show up at the end of the Ulquiorra fight and saying "lol u suck, Ichigo lets go beat that Aizen fuker" is my DREAM. We need IchiUlqui also so Ichigo can finally use his pink cero.

And the end of Bleach should be a futurespective thing where upgraded Grimmjow and Bankai-enabled Kenpachi decide to have a friendly fight to see who's stronger.

New Hollow Ichigo avatars added to ZeaLitY Standards.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 04:21:26 pm by ZeaLitY »

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #202 on: October 23, 2008, 01:24:52 pm »
I 'got' Soul Carnival today (you know, the side-scrolling chibi 2.5D Bleach beat 'em up PSP game that was released in Japan today), and just started it up.

Thought you might like to know...

GRIMMJOW AND KENPACHI CLASH SWORDS IN THE OPENING
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz5QSgQoDOE
Shitty quality there, the only video I could find. But I may record mine and upload it...

Apparently any more than 2 seconds of Kenny vs Grimmy would've caused our world to implode.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 23, 2008, 04:59:56 pm »
Heh. If you want your fix, watch the second movie now. No Grimmjow, but...

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #204 on: October 23, 2008, 11:02:12 pm »
JESUS CHRIST, I keep forgetting I downloaded The Diamonddust Rebellion and have it sitting on my PSP. Thanks for reminding me.

Soul Carnival is FUN and very addictive. The chibi style and button mashing makes it insanely good, and there's a lot of hilarious stuff. Hell, it even parodies its own source material at some parts; for instance, Kira moping in a whiny voice to a sad piano theme while Ichigo sweatdrops. It's great. Slightly more unnerving is finding Hinamori murmuring "I love you captain..." (This takes place post-SS arc)

Another funny thing is pretty much every major character ignoring Ichigo's protests that the Arrancar are coming. Renji, Kenpachi, etc all just challenge him instead and he makes an annoyed face. Fantastic.

Just got my ass handed to me by Kenpachi, understandably.

YOU HAVE NOT LIVED UNTIL YOU'VE SEEN CUTESY CHIBI BANKAI IKKAKU CRUSHING EVERYTHING IN A WHIRLWIND

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 24, 2008, 12:12:06 am »
How did you like Grimmjow's final spot in the anime?

I'm so glad they used the same sad theme for his scene that they did for his Ichigo beatdown during the Arrancar invasion arc. I really have a soft spot for him; I think one of the manga chapters was entitled "Loneliness of the King," and that sort of sums him up. He roamed the deserts of Heuco Mundo alone, and now all his Fraccion are dead...

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #206 on: October 27, 2008, 09:46:38 pm »
FINALLY watched Dance Dance Revolution The Diamonddust Rebellion the other night. Awesome, I really enjoyed it. The depth of Hitsugaya's character and his dialogue with Ichigo surprised me, I didn't expect it to be much more than a fanservice fest (until I realised Kubo wrote it). The whole thing with Ichigo comparing Hitsugaya to himself shortly after his mother's death is something that really stood out to me. The Kusaka plot was pretty good, too. Too bad this stuff's non-canon (since the manga showed the actual way Hitsu met Hyouninmaru)...

The scene where Kenpachi just fucking runs out and attacks Kusaka is hilariously awesome, it feels so out of place and sudden it's like it wasn't even supposed to happen; like Kenpachi wrote himself into the fight. You can imagine the animators doing a final test run of the movie, seeing Kenpachi leap out of nowhere, and they say "I don't remember this being in the script..."
The part where he lifts a fucking building off himself with his reiatsu to that badass music... holy shit that's epic. WHY isn't that on the OST?! Maybe he made that himself, too... Holy crap, maybe his reiatsu even plays his theme songs!

Oh yeah, latest manga chapter... Hurray for Omaeda, I guess. Ggio is awesome. I wanted to upload that cool title page, but I'm stuck on Wii internet for now.

CAN'T BEAT YAMAMOTO IN SOUL CARNIVAL

BUT I CAN PLAY AS CHIBI KENPACHI NOW
IT'S AWESOME

Oh, Grimmjow's last bit in the anime... I thought it was done well. The part where he was trying to fight on with his injuries to that music is a little heart-wrenching. It's pretty great how his solitude has been highlighted as both his source of corruption and the reader's reason for sympathy. That chapter in particular really struck me; after all, it's where we see another side to Grimmjow and that he's much deeper than just another rival to Ichigo (like how Renji was developed).

Kubo Tite's take on Dragon Ball:
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 07:47:37 pm by Pyt Fumv »

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #207 on: November 07, 2008, 01:28:30 pm »
3rd movie in the works:

Bleach - Fade to Black: Kimi no Na wo Yobu Movie

A mysterious reiatsu (spiritual particle) explosion occurs in the center of Seireitei in Soul Society, causing it to be destroyed. At the exact same time, a major change overwhelms Kuchiki Rukia, which leaves her losing something important inside. Urahara Kisuke sends Kurosaki Ichigo to Soul Society to investigate the disturbance. Upon reaching Seireitei, Ichigo is set upon and attacked by shinigamis, once allies, who have no memory of him and Rukia. Now alone and on the run, Ichigo must find the missing Rukia and uncover the cause of the mysterious incident before it's too late.

I like the sound of it, especially since Rukia's one of my favourite characters.

Today's chapter... hm... I guess Soi Fon/Soy Phone/Sway Funk/ was rather cool, but I agree more with Omaeda's decision to save her over the crappy "let your ally be killed" mentality.

Poor Ggio, though. He was awesome.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 23, 2008, 04:27:04 pm »
Kenpachi vs. Nnoitra about god damn time.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #209 on: November 23, 2008, 04:36:31 pm »
Whoa, the anime's there now? Must watch!