Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 481147 times)

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #5775 on: April 23, 2011, 10:47:01 pm »
24 hours per day is surely too short.

6 a.m.  - get up
6:30 a.m.  - leave to work
8:00 a.m. - work, and browse random websites when bored
5:30 p.m.  - come off work
7:00 p.m. - get home
... (eat, rest, clearn, blahblah..)
around 0 a.m. - go to bed

There's not much left for multiple hobbies.

It seems I spend to much time on the bus (3 hours or so), maybe I should try to read or learn something useful during that.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 10:48:47 pm by utunnels »

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #5776 on: April 23, 2011, 11:20:34 pm »
Ugh...I drank so much coffee today I'm having colitis pain right now...it sucks, but I regret nothing...

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #5777 on: April 26, 2011, 01:47:06 am »
I'm working with a gargantuan file in illustrator... if the computer crashes on me again while I try to save it I'm going to cry... or at least I'm going to swear against the computer and its mother in a very very loud voice for a minute or two  :picardno

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5778 on: April 26, 2011, 06:12:32 am »
I'm working with a gargantuan file in illustrator... if the computer crashes on me again while I try to save it I'm going to cry... or at least I'm going to swear against the computer and its mother in a very very loud voice for a minute or two  :picardno
:( Welcome to the world of crashy stuffs. I remember that happening with me before, and I banged the computer desk, walked to the door and leaned like a stylish action hero buried deep in sorrow just to get my mind off things.

It's funny that minor things like these lead us to buying better hardware. Bleh, what a money burner...

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5779 on: April 26, 2011, 06:36:56 am »
A few days ago, my colleague got a damaged psd file, which is weird since the program didn't crash.
Fortunately the work was simple enough to be reworked.

Maybe we should not over-trust softwares sometimes. LOL

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5780 on: April 27, 2011, 10:53:34 am »
President Obama released his birth certificate.  Hopefully that'll cause some people to shut the fuck up.

Frustration thread because of idiot birthers, and because he had to release the certificate in the first place.

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
    • View Profile
« Reply #5781 on: April 27, 2011, 12:07:57 pm »
President Obama released his birth certificate.  Hopefully that'll cause some people to shut the fuck up.

I wouldn't be so sure. Next, these idiots are probably gonna start claiming the Hawaii isn't a state... :roll:

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5782 on: April 27, 2011, 12:51:18 pm »

I wouldn't be so sure. Next, these idiots are probably gonna start claiming the Hawaii isn't a state... :roll:
And perhaps they'll also say George Bush is an alien. *snorts* Oh wait, that's already been done.

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5783 on: April 27, 2011, 01:07:11 pm »
Not only that, but it's been done so often that some SF author or other (Lawrence Watt-Evans?) was able to get some mileage out of the story idea, "the terrible discovery is made that the president of the United States is not an alien".

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5784 on: April 27, 2011, 02:51:33 pm »
Never underestimate the human capacity for conspiracy theories. It's truly inexhaustible.

That said, hopefully this particularly stupid one will be regulated to the fringe. They can't say "he hasn't released the long form birth certificate!" anymore, which will steal some of their thunder.

I suppose I have a bad taste in my mouth about it because Donald freaking Trump saw it done. I really find it exasperating that anyone takes him that seriously -.-

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5785 on: April 27, 2011, 04:10:36 pm »
That said, hopefully this particularly stupid one will be regulated to the fringe. They can't say "he hasn't released the long form birth certificate!" anymore, which will steal some of their thunder.

Ah, but as the president of the united states he had the authority to order it forged! Now we need thirteen witnesses, a virgin sacrifice, and three cheeseburgers. Hold the ketchup.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5786 on: April 27, 2011, 07:31:53 pm »

Ah, but as the president of the united states he had the authority to order it forged! Now we need thirteen witnesses, a virgin sacrifice, and three cheeseburgers. Hold the ketchup.

Damn right.  Ketchup sucks.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5787 on: April 27, 2011, 08:38:29 pm »
FUCK THE ROYAL WEDDING

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5788 on: April 27, 2011, 08:39:54 pm »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5789 on: April 27, 2011, 08:42:26 pm »

Quite right. He should never have acquiesced that that sort of unwholesome political subculture. Not only will the long form birth certificate do nothing to quell their insistence that he is ineligible to be president, but it broke with Hawaii tradition of not releasing those documents to the public and it also set a precedent which says this president can be bullied if you resort to Trump-strength obnoxiousness.

On the left we have the same problem, a tiny group of people who insist that Bush ordered the September 11 attacks. They're an embarrassment to honest liberals and they distract from legitimate criticism of America's worst president. I can only imagine that people on the right feel similarly about these birther dunces.

Damn right.  Ketchup sucks.

You did not just...aw hell no...