Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 480329 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #4860 on: January 10, 2010, 11:47:38 pm »
So go ahead Zeality, fight for reason! But that will not end faith in others!

You forget.

I'm in the springtime of my youth!

Asafigow

• Guardian (+100)
  • It's the middle of the story, go crazy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: January 10, 2010, 11:52:51 pm »
I still don't understand a lot about this world. In other words, I don't get what the punch line is supposed to be.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: January 11, 2010, 11:03:34 am »
You can't apply reason to the Springtime of Youth!

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4863 on: January 11, 2010, 06:44:38 pm »
So go ahead Zeality, fight for reason! But that will not end faith in others!

You forget.

image of Kamina

I'm in the springtime of my youth!
Quote from: Kamina
GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE AND KICK REASON TO THE CURB!
Quote from: Kamina
Throw out logic and do the impossible, thats the way team Gurren operates.
Something doesn't quite add up right.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4864 on: January 12, 2010, 12:41:45 pm »
My frustration: Hierarchy Homogenization.

These days, everything is a corporation, with its CXOs and phalanx of vice presidents. Even the government has been condemned, with a straight face and total sincerity, for not being run more like a corporation. Corporations aren't, or ought not to be, the final form of our country's countless organizations.

What about all the other hierarchies we used to respect? What about coaches (of sports teams), editors (of newspapers), principals (of schools), captains (of ships), directors (of films), and so forth? Nowadays those hierarchies are strictly confined to their historic boundaries, while the “business side” of their operations has been supplanted with corporate hierarchical arrangements in order to satisfy the legalities of doing business such as we have set for ourselves in America. Meanwhile, most if not all new ventures in the country are not given any colorful structure all their own; they're structured with that bland corporate style and nothing else. Ugh! By itself a corporate hierarchy is well and good, but as the be-all and end-all for organization in America I find it sorely disappointing. I think that by perceiving everything in corporate terms we are missing out in many cases on better ways of doing things. Look at the etymology of some of those other words to get just a taste of what we're missing.

My enterprise will deliberately eschew any semblance of corporate hierarchy, beyond the minimum legally necessary to operate as a corporation. There might be a CEO on paper, but the real power will be arranged along an axis of Pooh-Bahs, Gurus, Goalies, and Spalpeens.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #4865 on: January 12, 2010, 02:24:06 pm »
Speaking of corporations, Monsanto. They're the jerks who pretty much own all the food in the US. Only after going through a nutrition class did I learn that Futurama made Monsanto own the moon in the year 3000. The way things are going, Monsanto WILL own the moon before long. If you care for your health and don't mind the expense, try sticking to local farmer's markets for real food (Pike Place being the best market of all.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: January 12, 2010, 10:42:11 pm »
Today was really crappy, and it didn't help that I've pulled / strained a muscle in my neck.  I can't turn my head to the left at all.  It's very annoying and very painful.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4867 on: January 15, 2010, 01:32:28 pm »
Hopefully your neck is feeling better, Saj.

As for my own frustration, there is this one doctor that I work with who is an utter ass. No, I am being too nice. Let me put it this way. I work with a lot of doctors who are conducting research. This particular one is probably the most likely to make medical breakthroughs at the expense of patient lives. He's smart, but not uncommonly so. Certainly not anywhere near as smart as he thinks. The problem is, however, that he also thinks his intelligence excuses his assholery. At best, he's the Dan Quayle of medical researchers, thinks he's the FDR, and acts like the Joe Bidden on a bad day.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4868 on: January 15, 2010, 04:30:11 pm »
Potatoe!

(Sorry...)

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4869 on: January 15, 2010, 04:33:01 pm »
About that bad, yes.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #4870 on: January 15, 2010, 04:38:19 pm »
"Cotton-Eye Joe" is running through my head.

I think that is grounds for homicide.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #4871 on: January 18, 2010, 02:03:00 pm »
Hopefully your neck is feeling better, Saj.

It is completely better (I think, anyway).  Thank you!

I'm writing a poem in French for D for our 3 year anniversary (coming up in a week!!), and oof...talk about frustrating!  I'm not as good at French as I would like to be.  It's difficult enough for me to write a poem in English, let alone a second language.

D doesn't know any French, by the way.  He thinks the language is very pretty and likes it when I talk to him in French.  So I think this will be a nice gesture.  Whether or not he wants me to translate the poem after I read it to him is his choice.  :)

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #4872 on: January 19, 2010, 08:11:52 pm »
http://scienceblogs.com/drugmonkey/2010/01/is_one_with_a_substance_use_di.php?utm_source=readerspicks&utm_medium=link

Earlier in this thread, I expressed frustration at the fact that people with mental diseases are described in terms of the disease, rather than in being sick with it. Well, a study was done (with substance addiction) that showed a connection between such wordings and peoples view of the people with these diseases.

I wish my initial frustration had been an overreaction. At the moment, I'm frustrated that my position has been vindicated.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4873 on: January 19, 2010, 10:52:24 pm »
One of those insufferable Tea Party people just got elected to Ted Kennedy's old seat in the Senate. Sigh. Massachusetts, of all places! Our elected Democrats failed us last year, and now it looks like, amazingly, we're not willing to come out and vote for them this year. Who would have thought?!

Thus ends the mighty, vaunted, invincible 60-seat Democratic filibuster-proof Senate majority. Hah!

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4874 on: January 20, 2010, 07:19:47 am »
dammit massachusetts! youre the homeland!
at least you werent in ma over the election. my family kept calling and telling us how much the ads sucked.

coakly: scott brown is bad!
brown: i drive a truck!