Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 483787 times)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #4440 on: November 03, 2009, 12:10:04 pm »
Yeah, I smoke and I'll admit it. I like it, but do not do it around people who don't like it, also I never do it before school, work, or homework. I can not play music while using (but I can play while drinking, which I find odd).

I fully support the use of medical marijuana. The only real side effects that are bad come from the fact that it is smoked. These are the same problems that come from anything that is smoked. However, it can be cooked into food, and there's a cannabis spray that is basically THC extract. Also, there is a device called a vaporizer that doesn't produce any smoke but extracts the cannabinoids anyway.

It's nothing to hate, and actually does help terminally ill patients. If you don't like it, and it's going on around you, tell whoever's doing it to cut that shit out. It's rude, just like smoking cigarettes around people who hate cigarette smoke. If they refuse to stop, it's not the marijuana that's being a jerk. It's the person.

Personal freedoms should not be taken away just because some people are assholes. Especially if it's medically helpful.

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Love this community, and care for it as your own.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #4441 on: November 03, 2009, 05:32:19 pm »
It certainly seems to be raining shit on me right now.

1. Wrecked my truck. Totaled. Fuck.

2. Mom and dad are thinking about splitting up. Admittedly, I've known it was coming and I'm 22 so it's really none of my business.

3. Mom just entered Lakeside treatment facility today to find out why she's so depressed.

FUUUUUUUUUUU :evil:

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: November 03, 2009, 06:43:12 pm »
Nobody is posting on the Re-TO. It has me worried.

And frustrated at myself for being so disappearance-prone.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: November 03, 2009, 07:02:11 pm »
Re-TO?

Somehow I don't think you mean the maps.

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: November 03, 2009, 07:07:03 pm »
*laughs* No. I mean the Re-Temporal Odyssey, my grand RPG project that should be more active than it seems. I have a bad habit of getting unfortunate events that hinder me from logging on and posting, so people stop until they realize it is still active.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #4445 on: November 03, 2009, 07:27:09 pm »
This goddamned fever, out of fucking nowhere! It's probably the flu, because I'm aching, coughing, basically running water constantly out of my eyes and nose, and generally feeling drowsy. The fever's 101 F now.

WHY BEFORE MY FEMINISM CLASS

I'm going to take something, then go make an appearance (since it's the only way to contact the professor to let her know I won't be there; no reply from phone). They'll see me, bloodshot and staggering, my face red with coughs and sniffling. And I'll wave as I leave in a salutory encouragement.

Man, if there wasn't a risk others could get infected, I would totally go to the class...

And yeah, if it's swine flu, I'm totally going to co-opt it to make a defiant speech about destroying disease and pioneering new health for humanity.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #4446 on: November 03, 2009, 09:13:09 pm »
Fuck this. None of my friends are fucking available or answering their phones here to give me a short ride to a clinic, since I want to make sure the 102 F fever isn't bad It's gone down from 103.5). The first two fucking taxi companies I call? One' goes to some guys' house who's had to deal with misplaced calls for a dead company for 5 fucking years, and the next is disconnected.

I got this phonebook goddamn last week.

I guess I'll try the fucking airport shuttle.

This is my goddamn luck. If I do anything out of the ordinary, it's plagued with massive failures of efficiency and service from mooks.

Edit: At last, a friend of a friend. Jesus, compared to Europe, if you don't have a car in America you are totally fucked unless you live in a downtown metropolitan area.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 09:19:15 pm by ZeaLitY »

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: November 03, 2009, 09:42:29 pm »
That is most unfortunate. Get well soon, Zeality. Man, harshness in the luck department.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: November 03, 2009, 09:44:13 pm »
Speaking of which, I am frustrated that there is no Fresno Area Rapid Transit system. That is an opportunity for hilarity that is just too good to pass up.

Anywho, hope you feel better, Z.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: November 03, 2009, 09:58:52 pm »
Fuck this. None of my friends are fucking available or answering their phones here to give me a short ride to a clinic, since I want to make sure the 102 F fever isn't bad It's gone down from 103.5). The first two fucking taxi companies I call? One' goes to some guys' house who's had to deal with misplaced calls for a dead company for 5 fucking years, and the next is disconnected.

I got this phonebook goddamn last week.

I guess I'll try the fucking airport shuttle.

This is my goddamn luck. If I do anything out of the ordinary, it's plagued with massive failures of efficiency and service from mooks.

Edit: At last, a friend of a friend. Jesus, compared to Europe, if you don't have a car in America you are totally fucked unless you live in a downtown metropolitan area.

1800 taxi cab
They connect you to a local service.  Get well soon.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: November 03, 2009, 10:06:48 pm »
Good luck with that (probably) H1N1, Z. FIGHT THE POWAH! FIGHT THE FLU!

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #4451 on: November 03, 2009, 10:11:16 pm »
AWWW $H!7......

Well this isn't awful or anything, but the fight scene in CTA V is not going as expected. The sprites are extremely hard to create an intense atmosphere and I fear I may have to shorten the fight scene dramatically....

ARGH!!!

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #4452 on: November 03, 2009, 10:11:51 pm »
Get well soon, Z! Give that flu a slap in the face for all of us!

And maybe this will cheer you up: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=big&illust_id=6972250

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #4453 on: November 03, 2009, 10:16:46 pm »
Good luck with that (probably) H1N1, Z. FIGHT THE POWAH! FIGHT THE FLU!

Lol Z is going to make his own strain... Time Flu... Oh snap.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #4454 on: November 03, 2009, 11:03:02 pm »
That reminds me of two frustrations: One is the lack of European style rail systems in North America. The other is not being able to drive. I stopped taking my prescription pain medicine because I wasn't allowed to drive on it. I take driving very seriously (I think we're far too lenient on people who drive intoxicated) so that means nothing but ibuprofin for me.

I being unable to drive. The car is an extension of my legs. Being unable to drive feels like being unable to walk.