Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 480415 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #3270 on: July 03, 2009, 09:16:43 pm »
You mean the first live action Transformers movie. The first Transformers movie was about Unicron and that douchebag Hot Rod. ;)

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3271 on: July 03, 2009, 11:06:04 pm »
Dammit I knew someone you would say that.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: July 04, 2009, 08:13:03 am »
My problem with Transformers is that it could be better with someone else directing it. Micheal Bay has always just made shitty but selling movies.

Pearl Harbor comes to mind, over three hours of a boring love story that overshadows the entire reason you saw the movie, the attack. It's like what, 10, 20 minutes? Not cool Mike.

Transformers didn't have enough robot action, and the second one just brings you up for some epic fights but sort of just peters out, save for one, but I'm not spoiling it.

My friend (now a private in the Air Force) wished there was more military action like in the first one. He also hated the ghetto bots, and he hadn't heard a thing about them, he has been in boot camp since May. Though he says "They ripped the black robot in half in the first one, so we get two black robots in this one."

All in all, Micheal Bay loves to make long films, but can't carry the story without boring the audience.

BTW Z, what did Ebert say? I haven't read a thing of his since he disappeared for a short while when he had his jaw removed, good to see the man still doing what he loves though.

MsBlack

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: July 04, 2009, 09:43:48 am »
Am I the only one who finds the idea of 'black robots' necessarily hilarious?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: July 04, 2009, 11:09:25 am »
You know, I didn't necessarily consider them black.  I've plenty of white people who are like that.

It almost seems like reverse-stereotyping to me.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3275 on: July 04, 2009, 03:38:02 pm »
If you want to save yourself the ticket price, go into the kitchen, cue up a male choir singing the music of hell, and get a kid to start banging pots and pans together. Then close your eyes and use your imagination.

I watched Public Enemies, and though good, it was morbidly depressing. The only other Michael Mann work I'm familiar with is Miami Vice (the TV show, not the movie).

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: July 04, 2009, 04:03:16 pm »
Fireworks.  Can't get 'em here in L.A. due the fire threat situation...which makes sense BUT I WANT TO BLOW SHEEEIT UP!

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: July 04, 2009, 04:10:50 pm »
You know, I didn't necessarily consider them black.  I've plenty of white people who are like that.

It almost seems like reverse-stereotyping to me.

You could say that they were wiggers if they didn't have these giant ears on the side of their head.

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #3278 on: July 05, 2009, 11:47:26 pm »
Here's a little non-religious, non-political frustration:

Dario keeps kicking my ass!

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #3279 on: July 06, 2009, 07:33:58 pm »
I fell a couple days ago so I have a new large one forming. I am doing hydrotherapy for it once or twice a day... I am not sure if it's working.

I bruise really easily, and it's a pain that bruises last 2-3 weeks... there isn't much you can do about it either. I may try that cream and the random other natural remedies... but I need to go to an herb store or something for some of the concoctions they recommend...

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: July 07, 2009, 08:17:02 am »
I just added private messaging and a few UI tweaks to the new web chat, but because of the time difference between me and most other users, I can't do any usability testing. :(

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: July 07, 2009, 03:50:58 pm »
My problem with Transformers is that it could be better...

To note, this is TRANSFORMERS we're talking about. The franchise started as a half-hour commercial for rebranded toys. Given the context, you might be setting your expectations rather high.

"Shitty but selling" is what transformers is all about.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #3282 on: July 07, 2009, 06:41:47 pm »
While I agree, hell, I was going to post the same sentiment myself earlier, and it IS true. Half of the eps of the show were terrible Saturday morning animated commercials...there was the other side when episodes were actually compelling and kind of deep and meaningful. At the very least they got you to feel for these giant robots in disguise...Even today I get a little choked up in the animated movie when Optimus turns all black & white (for w/e reason)...The live action movie (I've only seen the first one) didn't focus on the Transformers and thus they were sorta just there to look impressive (thus facilitating the commercial half of the franchise)...HUMANS SUCK!

Also, wtf...I think I just traveled back in time in this thread...O_o

EDIT: Oh, I see now what happened...

Dear Moderators and Entities:

I request that every post in this topic from #3279 up till this point be split into a separate topic, so that we can get the Frustration topic back on-topic. (You can then delete this message entirely.)

Edit: Pft, except for Ramsus' just now.

That doesn't even make sense to me.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 06:45:37 pm by V_Translanka »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3283 on: July 07, 2009, 06:52:14 pm »
I was very sad watching the Michael Jackson tribute's final performance, but not because of sorrow for MJ. Rather, that ridiculous billboard in the back had religious symbols coming together graphically to preach a message of unity.

Where do people get the idea that religious differences can be reconciled? Even if Christians became friends with everyone else, their dogma still dictates that the world is going to end and only Christians will obtain the real heaven. (Granted, denominations and sects differ on this definition, but this is a good general example.) The same goes for other flavors of religion. If people are going to unite and understand each other, it's going to be because of the shared bond of humanity. Religions are anathema to one another and reason.

It's like this stupid sticker:

I'm happy the Atheist scarlet "A" isn't anywhere to be found on it, because atheists and agnostics have no business in something that ignorant. It's incredible that they actually have the female symbol on the e lined up with those religious symbols as if free sex equality can actually exist among religion. Unbelievable.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 06:53:47 pm by ZeaLitY »

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #3284 on: July 07, 2009, 07:01:38 pm »
Where do people get the idea that religious differences can be reconciled?

Simple. We're not all close minded. According to the Jewish faith, only they will be accepted into heaven. Same with Islam, Buddhism and to a much lesser extent Hinduism.

That's for the next world though. There's no reason I can't have a Jewish friend, despite the fact that he thinks I'm going to Hell.

Besides, I don't really think they are going to Hell. I think that any person who behaves responsibly and does good in the world should be invited to Heaven. That's what my church preaches, and that's what I believe.

We all vaguely have the same ideas. Be good; don't murder; and keep some faith. What difference does it make what we call God? I know some people of some groups of all religions did and still do put an emphasis on that, and they are dumb and a butt(Really love that line, Kid123).

The majority of us, just don't really care. And Zeality, as an atheist, you're not really in a position to judge our reasoning for reconciliation, because without being in our position, you don't understand.