Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 481087 times)

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #540 on: October 21, 2008, 05:05:24 pm »
I remember being told Fortune Cookie fortunes only worked if you ate the fortune itself. I did this until I was twelve years old.

teaflower

• Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 21, 2008, 05:12:45 pm »
Yeah, I just don't like Palin. She and McCain just seem to be making shit up as they go along. One minute, he says he won't increase spending, then she says that they'll give money to Down Syndrome organizations. The whole thing with Palin's daughter is stupid. Doesn't Jesus say that you shouldn't have sex before marriage? So, why then is it okay for a teenager to have a baby when she's not married and still in school? I-is she EXEMPT from the Lord's rule because she says she'll do something?! I don't GET Christians! GAH!

So, I'm going to have a baby. I was raised in a Christian family and the father of my baby says he'll marry me when I'm out of school, but until then he'll help support my family. So, that's okay? My mom can now go off and run for Vice Principal? How am I different from Palin's daughter? Oh, right, I'M POOR.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 24, 2008, 09:57:40 am »
I wish the ceilings weren't so thin in this apartment complex. I know exactly when the guy above me is having sex or masturbating because of rhythmic floorboard squeaking.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #543 on: October 24, 2008, 10:37:36 am »
Ugh... disgusting.

I'm sorry, but that post went so hilariously well with your Grimmjow-staring-up avatar.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 24, 2008, 10:51:26 am »
Hahaha, so it does!

SHUUUUUUUUUT UUUUUUUUUUUP!!

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #545 on: October 24, 2008, 02:55:16 pm »
I used to live under a fellow who played guitar. Normally it didn't bother me, since it was pretty low in volume by the time it made it through the floor/ceiling, but if it was getting late I'd bang on the ceiling and he'd usually get the message. Once, he started playing Stairway to Heaven. When I realized this, I stopped mid-sentence in the conversation I was having and yelled up "No Stairway!" He started playing something else.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 24, 2008, 10:11:16 pm »
Eww.... icky...

Hey, remember that thing about me having a date? Guy ditched me. Bastard. It makes me feel insignificant and hopeless. I mean, it feels like I did something wrong, even though I did nothing wrong to my knowledge. He told me to wait outside the gate of the football field and I waited. I waited for half an hour. I got a nice cup of hot cocoa and a Rice Krispies treat (one was actually free!) and I waited. I watched a bunch of red and white (school colors) balloons go up into the sky and a bunch get caught on a ledge and I waited. My sister hopped around me because she was cold and I waited. I shot the breeze with some guy outside the stadium and I waited. I heard a senior butcher the national anthem and I waited. I got creeped out by the guy in front of the stadium and I waited. No Brandon. No Ishmael (his friend). No no one. *sigh* Good news is that I saw my friend Alton via FATV. They showed him banging on the drums.

Did I do something wrong?

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 25, 2008, 12:31:05 am »
My sound editing software apparently was a trial. Damnit.

Anyone know a good (and not trial) sound editing software? You can send me a link (or torrent)

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 25, 2008, 12:45:26 am »
What were you using? Audacity? As lon as you don't ask to search for updates, it should work without needing to be bought.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 25, 2008, 12:54:08 am »
What were you using? Audacity? As lon as you don't ask to search for updates, it should work without needing to be bought.

I was using WavePad.

I'll look at Audacity.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: October 27, 2008, 02:35:40 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heAIxHqeORU

Japan, Europe, and Australia get it but not the US.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 27, 2008, 10:38:33 am »
Did I do something wrong?

No, you didn't do anything wrong. There are only a handful of things in the world that can justify a guy standing a girl up for anything.

1) He was killed. If he is still alive, chances are he's a punk.
2) He is really a superhero and was called away to stop a disaster. Did you happen to see any searchlights shining weird shapes onto clouds?
3) A family emergency (someone else died, fell deathly ill, voted for Nadir, etc.). But even then, it is good form to let you know somehow.

I suppose there might be a few other justifiable occurrences, like UFO abduction, that I have forgotten about, but no; when you get stood up, it is never anything you did, because nothing you could do could justify a guy behavior in such a poor manner. It is inexcusable.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #552 on: October 27, 2008, 09:00:00 pm »
Now that you mention it, I saw kleig lights... maybe Super Brandon the Sonic Wannabe had to run somewhere.

What's worse is he avoided me today. I go to breakfast and I tell his friend Ishmael to tell him I want to talk with him. I don't see him all day, but I know he was there. He takes the same bus as Ishmael, so he should've been at breakfast. I know he was there because I saw him going to his house. I'm SO going to hurt him now.

I'm also ridiculously tired and upset.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 27, 2008, 09:09:19 pm »
The guy is horrifyingly immature. The fact he is avoiding you means he knows what he did was wrong so there maybe hope teach him proper manners.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 27, 2008, 09:10:32 pm »
If he doesn't talk tomorrow, I'm going to introduce his genitals to my foot and his face to my fist! Ugh!