Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 482904 times)

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #525 on: October 12, 2008, 07:39:09 pm »
Well, hypomania is like, "I'm going to do something. Yeah! I'll plan this and that and I'll trounce everyone to do it and I'm happy and--" DEPRESSION. *cry*

For me, it comes in sudden cycles. I'm at my worst in April. But I do experience some times of actual normal emotions. Not often. But sometimes.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #526 on: October 12, 2008, 08:20:27 pm »
Can you ever predict, or yeah, they're sudden?

Sometimes I think that my visualization of the springtime of youth is flipping the ON switch for hypomania. That's exactly how I would describe the feeling I sometimes have and wish to experience constantly. Everything is doable; I can attack any task with relentless zeal; my power is only limited by my imagination and dreams.

And then depressive moods are like, deep introspection, exploring as deeply as possible my negative feelings to uncover what's bothering me. If it's something concrete, problem solved; if it's something like general discouragement or fatigue, they can last for a while.

Is it roughly the same, or what's different in your case?

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: October 13, 2008, 10:26:00 am »
People who are unable to admit that they are wrong.
Indeed, people who are unable to even entertain the thought that they might be wrong.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #528 on: October 13, 2008, 01:21:55 pm »
Thought: Hell yeah. *coughbrothercough* If he says that we're poor because my sister eats tofu again, I'm going to kill something. Hopefully him. We're still looking for our beef. It seems to keep going missing... as well as the chicken and MY CHINESE DAMMIT.

ZeaLitY: It really is pretty sudden. Usually, it's on some obscure part of my life. Like, for example, a school project. I made out this deep elaborate plan and I kept pushing towards it until everything just crashed. I got a C+ on the project. Everything crashed mainly because of my generosity. One of my friends couldn't get their project going, so we became partners.
Don't get me started on my obsession problems.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: October 15, 2008, 08:34:30 pm »
This morning was the strangest, yet most memorable point of my pitiful life.

I went to a friends house last night for a party. It was pretty late, so I stayed the night. While I was there, I met this beautiful girl. She had gorgeous black hair, a natural tan, and the most striking smile. We talked for a while, and when everyone else slept, we continued to talk. As the sun was rising, she placed her hand on my leg and smiled. I leaned close to her, she leaned back, and we ended up laying in each others arms. We kissed for a moment, before she got up and said she couldn't go any further. I told her that I understood and said goodbye.

Problem is, I don't know her name(nor does she know mine) but I know I must find her!

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #530 on: October 15, 2008, 09:36:58 pm »
Sounds like you have more of a wonderful goal rather than frustration on your hands. You should ask people you know from the party, you're bound to find out her name.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #531 on: October 16, 2008, 01:09:53 am »
Hurry it up. You don't want to suffer regret. Trust me.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: October 16, 2008, 02:34:15 am »
I've been calling some friends, most of them don't know who I'm talking about, others just saw here, but don't know her.

WTF!?

She has to be somebody's friend!

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: October 16, 2008, 05:29:17 am »
I plan to move this conversation over to my springtime of youth topic once it's aproved.

turns out someone saw here leave with someone from the party(duh). I've got a location, now to pursue.

still don't know her name. Strange.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: October 20, 2008, 04:12:51 pm »
"I didn't budget for training." ~ Recipient of a training grant.

I am not sure which is worse; that the individual applied for a training grant but did not properly budget for training (and did not realize that training is a primary component of training grants), or that the government, seeing such a budget in the grant application and seeing that it lacked allocations for training, awarded this individual money-for-training regardless.

What next? Off-road vehicles that can't be driven on harsh terrain? Water-soluble boats?! Voting booths with the latest issue of What-The-Crap-Monthly but no ballots!!

Every time I hear something like this, I die just a little bit more inside.
"If it wasn't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college."

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #535 on: October 20, 2008, 04:43:58 pm »
It's ridiculous what we think of today. It's stupid and pointless. One of my biggest qualms with the world today is all the children's toys out there. What it seems to be saying to me is that parents no longer have time to teach their child to read or write or count or do math anymore. They just give them these stupid talking books that read for them or a ridiculously expensive toy that they'll never use that'll teach them to count. I say we go back to hand painted wooden blocks and Jacob's Ladders. This way, we know our children are safe (we can check for lead paint ourselves) and it's just fun. Classic story books. No! No books! We make up our stories! Babar was just a story a mother told her sick son! We make up our own stories and we stretch the imagination of ourselves AND our children! That's what I'll do when I have babies!

... I was going to say something else. I forgot what, though.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: October 20, 2008, 05:35:48 pm »
Yeah, but then you'll have people like me who will make up crap to tell their kids. Like, every time it rains, it is because they made God cry. Or that the ocean is salty because it is full of whale piss. Or that clouds are really just large collections of farts.

Luckily my wife has veto power over what I tell any kids we might have ;)

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #537 on: October 20, 2008, 08:08:17 pm »
See, I plan on being a good mommy. The big problem seems to be the general not caringness of raising our children today. Hell, Sarah Palin has a kid who has Down Syndrome and she's running for Vice President of the country!

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Love this community, and care for it as your own.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #538 on: October 21, 2008, 12:16:28 am »
Well at the same time from what I understand she's done a lot of work for a few down syndrome organizations. I don't necessarily think she's a bad mother for that, I think she's a bad mother for calling her daughter's first kid hers. *LE GASP*

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: October 21, 2008, 08:20:29 am »
Or that the ocean is salty because it is full of whale piss.

They told me that the foam that washes up on the beach was dolphin spit.  and I believed...for quite a while.