Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 480457 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #6345 on: November 11, 2011, 02:23:26 am »
If I were Link, I'd be ambidextrous too. An ambidextrous hero is unstoppable.

Well, since I'm not Link and am a righty, I strive to be ambidextrous anyway. An ambidextrous artist is unstoppable.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6346 on: November 11, 2011, 05:17:28 pm »
I spent a half hour typing up a story post in another forum, and Shanaya just had to close it.

:picardno

Makes me wanna pinch her cheeks. But she'd only show me the tongue and run away.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6347 on: November 12, 2011, 10:28:58 pm »
Whenever I get the chance to wake up early in the morn, the first thing I usually do is glance at my room illuminated with the morning sunshine, then glance out and take it the beauty. And by "taking in the beauty" I actually mean "analyzing everything" -- such as the details, colors, contours, geometric shapes, life-forms, rust, dust, smell, sound, wind, chill, reflections, shadows, etc. and with the given data, I proceed to deduce what other stuff could be out there that I'm unable to see (such as the possible locations of bees, termites, pigeon nests, rear brown sparrows, etc.)

The first thing I did today after washing my eyes was observe the sun's rays on my fist, and deduce I could recreate such an image flawlessly on paper / canvas, bu observing the blur, contours, geometry, etc. Apparently midtones are usually more saturated that either highlights or shadows, and the edges of sharper shadows show signs of light-burn.

All this is wonderful, but my biggest frustration is that I'm incapable of remembering details. I can deduce based on the details before me, but once it's gone I can't recall the detail back. In this case, I memorized on how to flawlessly recreate my fist, including the shadows, with geometric data, but immediately forgot all that data when looked out the window. Perhaps it's my innate ability to rely on "full picture" rather than the details therein in order to keep sight of my goals, where I can simply recreate the details via analyses, but I seriously wish I had Photographic memory like Da Vinci or Bill Gates, or even Sajainta for that matter.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6348 on: November 14, 2011, 02:19:39 am »
People are still going on about Rick Perry's blunder in the debates the other night, where he forgot that one of the three federal departments he wants to eliminate is the Department of Energy. People in the media are calling it one of the biggest calamities to ever befall a presidential contender.

My foot it is. Human beings forget things sometimes. Apparently to the media, what's newsworthy is not that most of these conservative candidates want to disastrously shut down whole segments of the government. It's that Rick Perry had a brain fart on national television.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6349 on: November 14, 2011, 10:12:01 am »
Ohio drivers.

People in Ohio cannot drive.

I've been to over half the states, but Ohio drivers are by far the worst ones I've seen.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6350 on: November 14, 2011, 01:24:24 pm »
Ohio drivers.

People in Ohio cannot drive.

I've been to over half the states, but Ohio drivers are by far the worst ones I've seen.

That is saying something. I still use the phrase "to pull a texan" when describing vehicular batshittery. Have you been there, and if so, does your judgment still stand?
For example, I've seen people in Texas stop on a busy freeway and back up (not even on the shoulder, mind you), because they missed their exit. I was at a stoplight once. The person behind me, who had been stopped themselves, cut into oncoming traffic in order to go around me so that they could run the red light. These are orders of insanity that I am afraid to hear can be beat.

While Southern California drivers do get a bad wrap for being poor, thus far it largely seems that they are just ungodly rude and stupid, rather than actually bad like in Texas.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6351 on: November 14, 2011, 01:56:15 pm »
Yup, I've been to Texas multiple times.  I've been to Southern California too.  Ohioians (is that even a word?) are still the worst.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6352 on: November 14, 2011, 02:15:56 pm »
Thus so has it been said, thus shall I never dare set foot in Ohio.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6353 on: November 14, 2011, 02:57:19 pm »
Ohioians
Ohioites
Ohionese
Ohioms
Ohioish

Thus so has it been said, thus shall I never dare set foot in Ohio.
I don't gots no car nor bike. Can I survive there? XD

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #6354 on: November 14, 2011, 03:40:37 pm »
http://frankmillerink.com/2011/11/anarchy

Frank Miller and all the right-wing pieces of shit in his comments can go choke on a fucking car transmission.

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6355 on: November 14, 2011, 06:17:12 pm »
FUCK FRANK MILLER

... Ahem. Sorry. He deserves it.

And yes, Texas drivers are just godawful. Part of me is happy I learned to drive here: the experience imparted great survival instincts!

Driving in the Pacific Northwest is quite an experience, in comparison. It's like, "what? Everyone is being polite to each other...??"

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #6356 on: November 14, 2011, 07:00:52 pm »
That is saying something. I still use the phrase "to pull a Texan" when describing vehicular batshittery. Have you been there, and if so, does your judgment still stand?
For example, I've seen people in Texas stop on a busy freeway and back up (not even on the shoulder, mind you), because they missed their exit. I was at a stoplight once...

That's where I lived my first 18 years...

...and that's how my second accident happened. >_< Some idiot cow didn't want to go through the toll or something and started backing up and we didn't know because there was a car between us and her who swerved at the last second--but unfortunately, my grandma and I didn't have time to get out of the way. It's so much better here in Redmond ;u;

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6357 on: November 15, 2011, 12:23:03 am »
Frank Miller and all the right-wing pieces of shit in his comments can go choke on a fucking car transmission.
Even better: throw him in the middle of the Occupy movement. One slip of the tongue, one lousy comment, and he ruins himself. So what'll it be? Broken bones or broken self-esteem?

Today's frustration: I missed my morning.

I know I decided to run all the way to the Race Course, but the thing with time is that early morn is usually the best for such task and oxygen is bountiful for the brain. But when six turns half past seven, the traffic gets denser. It's dangerous to run after that. I can't even sleep early, because by the time I reach home from work it's eleven in the night.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6358 on: November 15, 2011, 12:12:35 pm »
I loathe distractions. I despise any and every distraction when I'm meditating, working, painting, writing, thinking, riding, talking, listening, watching, etc. They hinder you, destroy your concentration, and make sure you never finish what you started.

I don't know why, but I've become a distraction magnet. Especially while meditating, someone just has to annoy you, despite asking them not to disturb. And even when you're already too deep in to be bothered by people's voices or letting any distraction stir your emotions or thought, they notice you not listening and proceed to do the worst things: pull your ear, poke you with a pencil, draw on your face, pour cold water over you, drop a blanket on you and hit you with pillows, or even worse they tickle the hell out of you!

:o  I CAN'T LIVE ANYMORE!

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6359 on: November 15, 2011, 04:16:08 pm »
In a moment of carelessness I sat on my glasses. I am not a particularly ample individual, yet nevertheless human flesh is a dense substance and my glasses were no match. So, after rolling my eyes at myself, I bent the glasses back into shape.

On the plus side, they seem to fit better now than they did before. On the minus side, however, and frustratingly, this really eats up the lifespan of the frames--and I just got these things last year.

Oh well. In the old days, frames and lenses would have been totally destroyed.