Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 483088 times)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #2790 on: May 01, 2009, 12:27:05 am »
But the fact is life exists on our planet, not on the other 8 (cause I still count Pluto :P ) in our system.

Pluto being planet = win.

If you read my last post I said that these arent even my true beliefs, so... heheh

Well it took me a while to write it all, Speedy Gonzalez!

This is getting interesting though. The way I see it, life through a person's eyes is like a book's story told through a movie. We miss some stuff and fill in the gaps with details as we see fit. There are rods and cones in your eyes, and those are the two types of cells that make you see. IF everyone is different, then everyone may see things differently, like you see a blueberry that looks what would be red to me, I see what would be green to you, but we both know it's blue. It's all about our brain's interpretation and sensory input. But cut off that sensory input, and you get some pretty crazy experiences, which suggest that our senses actually distort reality, rather than clarify. Life is awesome and mysterious.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 12:36:12 am by Mr Bekkler »

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: May 01, 2009, 12:33:06 am »
mai bad. sorry

Asafigow

• Guardian (+100)
  • It's the middle of the story, go crazy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: May 01, 2009, 02:02:41 am »
Frustration sucks. What I hate most at the moment is the very thing that makes humanity not so pointless: compassion, comfort and down right love. Plus or minus a little pity. The thing I hate most, and I know this out of a whole 14 years of life experience, is that when I'm frustrated and full on pissed at something, people try to cheer me up! It's horrible! I don't want them to be sorry for me. It's just a bunch of crap to me because all I want to do is be in my own little corner when every little nook and cranny is filled with people. Ugh... A least I get to go to bed now.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: May 01, 2009, 02:08:03 am »
Frustration sucks. What I hate most at the moment is the very thing that makes humanity not so pointless: compassion, comfort and down right love. Plus or minus a little pity. The thing I hate most, and I know this out of a whole 14 years of life experience, is that when I'm frustrated and full on pissed at something, people try to cheer me up! It's horrible! I don't want them to be sorry for me. It's just a bunch of crap to me because all I want to do is be in my own little corner when every little nook and cranny is filled with people. Ugh... A least I get to go to bed now.
Aw I'm sorry, cheer up!  :lol: Get it? I jest.

Asafigow

• Guardian (+100)
  • It's the middle of the story, go crazy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: May 01, 2009, 02:12:11 am »
 :) Donke Norestien. :roll: You stink.

(donke is german for thank you. I at least think that's how it's spelled.)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: May 01, 2009, 02:17:00 am »
:) Donke Norestien. :roll: You stink.

(donke is german for thank you. I at least think that's how it's spelled.)
I think it's Danke. Dunno, though. Welcomes!  :)

IAmSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: May 01, 2009, 02:19:43 am »
its most def Danke.

I lived in Germany in the 5th grade. thats one of the few things i remember.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: May 01, 2009, 02:22:55 am »
its most def Danke.

Bekkler levels up!
+1 Credibility
+1 Wayne Newton
+1 for Guessing
-1 for Making +1 list

IAmSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: May 01, 2009, 02:24:00 am »
its most def Danke.

Bekkler levels up!
+1 Credibility
+1 Wayne Newton
+1 for Guessing
-1 for Making +1 list

omg that was so much win... hahaha =D

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2799 on: May 01, 2009, 03:18:35 am »
IMO/IMHO - two of the stupidest things ever spread over the internets forever. Completely redundant...I mean, who else's fucking opinion are you going to be stating? Either you're being idiotic by saying it or you're being condecending by saying it thinking that we can't figure out that what you're saying isn't in fact factual but is "Just Your Opinion"...as if that should end everything and give you complete immunity for w/e BS you're saying. Oh, but it's "Just My Opinion"...

And, yes, it's basically a viewpoint completely stolen from Maddox. So it's not even just my opinion, ha! :lol:

IAmSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: May 01, 2009, 03:22:39 am »
I say it to differentiate between when I'm trying to state fact and opinion, especially when what I'm saying is so close to the line between the two that it could be misconcieved.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: May 01, 2009, 03:25:16 am »
I say it to differentiate between when I'm trying to state fact and opinion, especially when what I'm saying is so close to the line between the two that it could be misconcieved.
Same. Also, though,  if i want to know what somebody else thinks, I'll say what I think first to egg it on. But yeah, I'd never use "IMO" in real life.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2802 on: May 01, 2009, 03:29:07 am »
If you're trying to state a fact, it will be factual without you having to say "and that's a fact!". The same should hold true for your opinions. If your statements can't hold water without you pointing out what it is you're trying to convey then you should just say it in a more precise manner instead of dancing around the subject or w/e the hell you happen to not actually be saying.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 03:32:23 am by V_Translanka »

IAmSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: May 01, 2009, 03:32:26 am »
The reason I say IMO when it is my opinion and nothign when its a fact is because if my opinion is percieved as "fact" then people will tell me that there is no basis to support either side appropriately enough to say its a fact.  But if its a fact I'm stating that can be misconcieved as an opinion:
A: they'll state their own opinion to provide a 2nd "opinion" in the matter, weather they be wrong or right
OR
B: they wont say anything because my opinion just so happens to be a fact as well.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: May 01, 2009, 03:34:16 am »
If you're trying to state a fact, it will be factual without you having to say "and that's a fact!". The same should hold true for your opinions. If your statements can't hold water without you pointing out what it is you're trying to convey then you should just say it in a more precise manner instead of dancing around the subject or w/e the hell you happen to not actually be saying.
But if you're trying to state an opinion, people on the internet will automatically think you're trying to state a fact and are wrong about it, then will try to correct you. Then you spend the next two pages trying to explain yourself with other new people arguing how wrong you are. This can be filtered with "IMO," even if only slightly. I understand you don't like it but at least it's not useless.