Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Retranslation using Chrono Tools  (Read 5684 times)

stenir

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger Retranslation using Chrono Tools
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2007, 11:14:03 am »
Okay, sounds good. I'm supposing that the first five or six characters are the name and the colon (Crono:), so it'll be 4 lines x 40 characters. Sound good to everybody else?

I'm going to start work on it ASAP.

stenir

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2007, 04:04:18 pm »
Okay, I'm working on the script atm, and I haven't hit any problems. I'll just keep plugging away. At what point do you want me to post what I have done?

And quick, let's reorchestrate the music while we're at it....Another one of my hobbies. (Figures, as I'm a composer myself....) But that's just a slight joke...perhaps we could add that in later if someone knows how the music works.

Teh Mick

• Earthbound (+15)
  • The KDE developer
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2007, 07:33:44 pm »
I would say, do a block. Send me the diff created using "SVN diff" command. Then we shall see :)

But I don't see the point of reworking the music for this project.
OT: I have programmed a nice patch/combination on my Korg Karma to play the Magus's theme \m/ This was actually one of my first Combi I've done on this synth

stenir

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2007, 08:27:32 am »
I'll work on it tonight, I'm off to work until 4:30-ish. I got that SVN program but haven't looked into using it yet.

Teh Mick

• Earthbound (+15)
  • The KDE developer
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2007, 09:11:05 pm »
Any news stenir ?

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2007, 10:51:53 pm »
Is there any way you can release a playable patch of the translation before stenir edits it?

Teh Mick

• Earthbound (+15)
  • The KDE developer
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2007, 07:58:58 pm »
Well the latest patch in the first post contains all the script and it's mostly playable.

I'll try to find time during the following weeks to look up at the problem. My guess is that I will rewrite the whole relocation process in Chrono Tools ;)

Freakyfrankie

• Porrean (+50)
  • I'm a girl! A girl! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2007, 02:05:31 pm »
Ok watch out, I'm gonna ask a really noob'd out question, but y'know, I'm just not all too bright sometimes. (heh... >.>)

......What rom am I needing here? I've got the JP Rom, and the Checksum fails with both patches. I've also got the US rom and the checksum still fails. I've been using Zsnes's auto-ips patcher, too.

Teh Mick

• Earthbound (+15)
  • The KDE developer
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2007, 02:35:58 pm »
The checksum will always fail because it is not fixed in the IPS patch. The IPS generated by Chrono Tools was found to only work with ZSNES auto-patching feature and this use the US ROM

stenir

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2007, 03:44:48 pm »
Well, unfortunately, I'm just now getting back to having time to work on things. Some problems arose with my computer, and I promptly lost everything. I'm only now getting back to where everything is where I had it. With the exception of the deEngrification. I'll get to work on it as fast as I can.