Poll

could chrono chross world exist? so instead of it being made up, it was more likely remote veiwed as a real world?

i beleive chrono world exists
5 (45.5%)
its just a made up game.
6 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Who thinks chrono cross is real and exists in another dimention  (Read 4839 times)

ProjectoR

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: Who thinks chrono cross is real and exists in another dimention
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2007, 04:40:14 pm »
yup.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2007, 04:49:00 pm »
I lol'd

the whole concept behind multiple universes is variations of each possible event, while the base rules stay the same sorry no chrono world with magic and shit.
plus the concept having a infinite amount of possibilities screws itself over, we're stuck in this sorry little world sorry.

Freakyfrankie

• Porrean (+50)
  • I'm a girl! A girl! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2007, 05:32:55 pm »
It's still fun to dream though.  :jiraiya: Real Life Kid~! YEAH BABY. I'll dream about that~!

Silver

• Porrean (+50)
  • Resident Code Lyoko Nut
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2007, 01:30:35 am »
It's an interesting idea.  It's also not the first time I've ever heard the concept brought up. 

Last time I heard it, it went something like this:  Everything exists in potentia.  Every movie you watch, every book you read, every game you play is actually occuring somewhere.  Basic multiverse theory.

Truthfully, I believe that yes, somewhere in the multiverse there's a dimension where the events in Chrono Chross actually occurred in 'reality'.  Would I want to go there and futz around?  Well, yeah, but I'm also pretty well aware of what the consequences could be.  Having the responsibility for ending an entire reality hanging over my head isn't something I'm fond of.

Besides, can you imagine the chaos that'd occur if you brought something back you shouldn't have?

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2007, 07:56:02 am »
It's an interesting idea.  It's also not the first time I've ever heard the concept brought up. 

Last time I heard it, it went something like this:  Everything exists in potentia.  Every movie you watch, every book you read, every game you play is actually occuring somewhere.  Basic multiverse theory.

Truthfully, I believe that yes, somewhere in the multiverse there's a dimension where the events in Chrono Chross actually occurred in 'reality'.  Would I want to go there and futz around?  Well, yeah, but I'm also pretty well aware of what the consequences could be.  Having the responsibility for ending an entire reality hanging over my head isn't something I'm fond of.

Besides, can you imagine the chaos that'd occur if you brought something back you shouldn't have?

so if anything and everything can happen (multiple universes though alterations in choices) there would be one with the technology to go to others, now because we have a unlimited amount where every choice exists there would be one that happened to pick this one and from  there one of those that came here decided to reveal themselves to everything.
basically throwing dimension cross or multi-universes into the realm of impossibilities.

yeah its a nice thought but basically impossible...

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2007, 09:27:28 am »
If everything exist, there must exist a being that can destroy all these multiverses. If that is so, why do we still exist :lee:

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2007, 10:14:11 am »
The problem is you guys are playing with sementics here. The theories on this state that anything that can happen, does happen, in different realities. Now, I want to stress the word can. That is, what is possible.

Now, in our universe, it is not possible for an all-knowing being to exist, as this would go against the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle. But in another universe, another reality if you will, such a being could exist.

Thing is, the two universes could not mesh nor could beings from one universe travel to the other, because the laws of physics are so fundamentally different that they would either be unable to make the journey entirely or would just cease to exist/something else happen if they tried.

So, that tends to settle things significantly on what is possible. That's not to say that interdimensional travel couldn't be possible...after all, there are plenty of realities out there that are equal to ours on a physical level but simply have, say, different events on our planet. One where Al Gore was elected President, or one where Stephen Harper was assassinated shortly before becoming Prime Minister of Canada. So, these universes could intermingle.

Also, the number of realities is infinite. So could there be a reality like the one saridon describes? Certainly. Does it require that it be our specific reality? No, it doesn't.

To be honest, the theories on alternate realities are more speculation than actual scientific theorizing and may very well be baseless. It's still an absolutely fascinating concept from a fictional standpoint, though, and one that should not be ignored.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2007, 10:20:38 am »
Real Life Kid~! YEAH BABY. I'll dream about that~!

I already do. CHECKMATE, I SUNK YOUR BATTLESHIP.

Freakyfrankie

• Porrean (+50)
  • I'm a girl! A girl! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2007, 02:40:32 pm »
Real Life Kid~! YEAH BABY. I'll dream about that~!

I already do. CHECKMATE, I SUNK YOUR BATTLESHIP.

O MY CUPCAEKZ! YOU DESTROYD IT!

Kanadyets

• Guardian (+100)
  • Need you not a swordsman?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2007, 03:07:45 pm »
So, that tends to settle things significantly on what is possible. That's not to say that interdimensional travel couldn't be possible...after all, there are plenty of realities out there that are equal to ours on a physical level but simply have, say, different events on our planet. One where Al Gore was elected President, or one where Stephen Harper was assassinated shortly before becoming Prime Minister of Canada. So, these universes could intermingle.

Wow.  This may be slightly off-topic, but I need to contextualize this information.  We've had one political assassination in Canada at the federal level.  Just one.  No less, it was a Member of Parliament who had come from Ireland, severed his Feinian sympathies, and then was shot, supposedly by a another Feinian, so it really had little to do with Canadian politics at all.

I'm not being critical here, Kyronea, I just thought the concept was humourous.  To put something into terms like that almost seems harder for me to grasp than an alternative Chronoverse.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2007, 03:33:49 pm »
Meh, I was just pulling possibilities out of thin air using the most familiar names to come to mind.

I didn't know you had far fewer assassinations though. I guess I figured you were on par with the U.S.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2007, 06:12:54 am »
I don't know why this is even up for discussion. Not only is the Chronoverse real, but I'm Crono's dad. That's right bitches, I'm Crono's old man! I don't know how exactly that came to happen, but it's probably quantum. Here's how it went down:

Forget about the Chronoverse for a minute. Somewhere else out there is a dimension where I'm Emperor of the Universe. In that dimension I am the shit, and I also happen to be married to all the hottest actresses in Hollywood--42 million in all--each of whom also happens to be a super-genius thanks to some accidental IQ-boosting shampoo invented by Will Wright in 1989. One day this hawesome Josh told them this:

"Legion of gorgeous genius wives: I need you to invent a transdimensional teleporter. You see, my scientists have speculated that, despite it being beyond all belief, there are other dimensions out there. And in every single one of these dimensions, I'm actually hella lame. So here is what I propose: The first person to invent the teleporter gets to stay with me, and all the rest of you get shipped off to these other Joshes, one apiece. Kapeesh?"

Needless to say, I got 61,999,999 million fully operational transdimensional teleporters delivered to me simultaneously. So I let 'em all stay! The only woman who didn't invent a teleporter had actually been out sick that day, so instead of shipping her off to a needy Josh somewhere, I let her off easy: I told her that she would still have to go pair off with a needy Josh somewhere, but that, in so doing, she would get to create a spiky-haired kid so friggin' hawesome that his adventures would be the subject of famous video games in practically every single dimension. So I shipped her off to the Chronoverse, which, as you might expect, had been called up to that point the "Identitycrisisverse." She and the Josh there got it off, and then there was Crono.

Ah, but that's not the end of the story, you unfathomable fools! You see, the Josh in that universe also speculated as to the existence of other dimensions, and came up with the idea that, somewhere, there was a dimension that he would suddenly be sucked into. And, lo and behold, he was! That was me, and this universe is that universe!

IT ALL MAKES PERFECT SENSE!!

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2007, 06:36:17 am »

There's this YTMND that has Data laughing and saying that quote from Generations about loving humour set to techno music, but I can't find it, or else I'd link it.

Point made, again. You'd think after the last time I kept speaking about science as if I knew anything worth a damn I'd have stopped doing it, but nope...I had to do again.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2007, 06:41:26 am »
But you do know plenty worth a damn...like the boiling point of water, the acceleration of gravity on the Earth's surface, and how to create a field of static electricity with only your shoes and a rug.

You just haven't quite mastered stuff like extradimensional mechanics yet. I daresay most of us haven't.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2007, 06:46:42 am »
But you do know plenty worth a damn...like the boiling point of water, the acceleration of gravity on the Earth's surface, and how to create a field of static electricity with only your shoes and a rug.

You just haven't quite mastered stuff like extradimensional mechanics yet. I daresay most of us haven't.
Let me rephrase: higher science is something I know little about.

But I would be intrigued to know of your knowledge of this subject.