Author Topic: Some prerelease questions...  (Read 1689 times)

Tonberry2k

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Some prerelease questions...
« on: July 12, 2007, 11:52:25 am »
I don't know how active this forum is nowadays, but a couple days ago a friend and I happened upon the Chrono Trigger prerelease. We are spriters, meaning we rip/capture and make custom sprites for sprite archive websites. Most of our "work" is at www.thespriters-resource.com for those interested.
At any rate, I spent most of yesterday using the teleport code to see what locations I could get to. I have only a few questions about the prerelease and I hoped this community could help.

1) How do I access the Singing Mountain?
2) I have read about people using hacking to get weapons and HP on their character so they don't die when attacked by enemies. How can I do this?
3) On your site there are some pictures of a beta Zeal and some Retinites with large scythe arms. Is there any chance of these enemies appearing in the data of this game?

Thank you for any help. For those interested, the topic on our rips so far is here; http://pixeltendo.net/index.php?showtopic=24904

JLukas

• Fan Project Leader
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
Re: Some prerelease questions...
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 12:36:44 pm »
1) The teleport index is 138 through 142
2) Pro Action Replay codes.
3) Those sprites are from an earlier beta version.  The graphics packets were updated with the newer designs.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 07:05:14 am by JLukas »

Tonberry2k

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Some prerelease questions...
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 02:04:16 pm »
Wow, I didn't know the offsets went that high. I only went as high as FF.
It's a shame about those other sprites. They're very cool looking. I guess there's no chance of that ever making its way to the net, eh?

Thanks for the help!