Author Topic: Why I love my PSP  (Read 632 times)

dan_death

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Why I love my PSP
« on: July 05, 2007, 04:13:18 pm »
I downgraded it, and now it's on OE firmware. And I can FINALLY use Homebrew stuff, after waiting forever.

Yep, there's my main screen, I can change the icons and things without having to screw around with the flash0, so I don't brick my PSP...I've semi-bricked it about 5 times this week, and I upgraded to OE 3 days ago...Well thank god for recovery...Some of you are probably wondering what the hell I'm talking about...

I also love it because it plays Chrono Cross, and Chrono Trigger better then my computer does!

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: Why I love my PSP
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 09:14:14 pm »
I just love PSPs because I hate iPods. 8)

dan_death

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 04:26:59 am »
i'm not to fond of ipods because i don't feel like buying one....speaking of buying, i need a 4gb mem stick....i only have a 1 gig...i need more MORE gigabytes! so that i can put all 3 ff7 discs, and the other chrono cross disc, because i only have the first one...

Ramsus

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 05:16:54 am »
I was government-issued an iPod video. I actually don't like it much.

dan_death

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 06:22:12 am »
Yeah...my mom has 30gb video iPod....I wish memory sticks went up that high!  :D

And for those of you who has PSPs, and have custom firmware then you have most likely heard the news of Dark~AleX quitting the scene, as shown here: http://www.dark-alex.org/

The real true reason why he did remains unknown. But possible reasons are:

1. His wife and or girlfriend was tired of him hacking on his computer all the damn time.
2. Sony finally got mad enough to threaten him, and told him to back down.
3. Sony offered him a job with good pay, but with a high price: stop the custom firmware.
4. He realized he has a life.
5. It's just a joke.
6. Someone hacked his site, and he's on vacation.
7. He's dead and someone he knew got on his site and posted it.

5 might be very possible, because a day or two before this, he said he was going to skip FW version 3.50 OE, and skip right along to 3.51 OE. But then the next day, the "bye" message popped out of nowhere.
Like a bird crashing into your windshield of your 69 Camaro while you're going 80 MPH down the Interstate and trying to get the bag of chips under your seat that you dropped when trying to avoid a deer.

A lot of 'brewers don't want to believe that he's really gone, but I do, but I know someone else will come along and take the throne. And if the reason was that he was threatened by Sony, then why didn't they stop him along time ago?

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 08:40:04 am »
Hm...
In Memoriam to the Greatest PSP Scener Dark~AleX RIP.
We'll miss you (17-07-2005 ~ 02-07-2007)

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 01:56:57 pm »
I don't have a PSP but several good friends of mine do and we all agree that the DS homebrew is a bit better then the PSP, But both aren't  that bad.

dan_death

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 02:33:39 pm »
Hm...
In Memoriam to the Greatest PSP Scener Dark~AleX RIP.
We'll miss you (17-07-2005 ~ 02-07-2007)
If you think that's indicating that he's dead...check the date 17-07-2005 ~ 02-07-2007, those are the years he did the OE.

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • It's a secret to everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 03:23:25 pm »
Hmm.

I've wanted a PSP for ages. Tell me, is it possible to downgrade firmware even if the motherboard is one of those 'secure' ones in newer PSPs?

dan_death

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 04:01:52 pm »
Hmm.

I've wanted a PSP for ages. Tell me, is it possible to downgrade firmware even if the motherboard is one of those 'secure' ones in newer PSPs?

how new, if it's the new ones that came out earlier this year, the TA-082, then yes you can downgrade and do homebrew. and some people released a mod chip for those motherboards too, so you can never brick your psp.

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • It's a secret to everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 04:39:03 pm »
Hmm.

how new, if it's the new ones that came out earlier this year, the TA-082, then yes you can downgrade and do homebrew. and some people released a mod chip for those motherboards too, so you can never brick your psp.

Yeah, I meant that. Thanks.