Author Topic: A celebration?  (Read 2482 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
A celebration?
« on: June 11, 2007, 03:18:13 pm »
This summer, the Compendium's reached a new level of popularity. It's surprising and humbling, as each time the site reaches a new plateau of hits I realize that no, apparently we haven't tapped the full resource of obsessed Chrono fans yet.

Wish I could celebrate somehow. I guess the news post for the CT+ demo and Geiger's self-modifying event .Fluxes will give me a chance.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: A celebration?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 03:23:41 pm »
Hurray! We ought to just have a celebration topic, or some sort of... banner, or something. Anywhoo, the Compendium will always live strongly!

:lee: TOT HE PARTY!! :lee:

Mr. Molecule

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 05:37:45 pm »
We already have a celebration thread! You're in it!

Reading the thread about how many of the other chrono communities are dying, I think it'd be fun--maybe abit to sombering, but fun anyway--to have an article that's a retrospective of some of the seminal events and places in the history of the Chrono fandom. At the end you could talk about how it's going stronger than ever in the Compendium and projects like Crisis and Crimson Echoes. However, I couldn't help with this,  since I'm so new.  :(

...I know! I'll proofread!

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 05:48:34 pm »

Wish I could celebrate somehow. I guess the news post for the CT+ demo and Geiger's self-modifying event .Fluxes will give me a chance.
That CT+ demo might take a bit longer to get out than originally expected...but then I guess I should have anticipated that, what with how bug testing goes.

In any case, I agree with Mr. Molecule's idea...such an article would be a wonderful way to celebrate. Plus it'll be neat information for those of us--like me--who boarded the train late.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 07:22:43 pm »
The issue is that I came late as well. This site was born in late 2003, and by then most of the uproar was over aside from the complete uproar witnessed here. The events since then, minus the C&Ds and the lame whining that followed, have only been the continual improvement of the Chrono Compendium and the slow death of everything else.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 10:20:28 pm »
But why is that we continue on, yet others have died off into the wind? Have we gone against FATE and won? Why do we continue to gain new members? Why do others, lose so many?

Sorry, I just really wanted to sound like a scholar.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 10:24:41 pm »
Well, that's not so difficult to answer...but I'll let someone else.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 10:38:36 pm »
Well, that's not so difficult to answer...but I'll let someone else.
It's pretty obvious why we keep growing: people are willing to put in the effort to make it happen. Zeality here is one of the hardest workers I've ever seen, spending day after day after day working on this site, keeping it running, writing encyclopedia entries and aritcles and generally making it a better place. Plus we've got a lot of people actually willing to indulge in analysis rather than act like your average Chrono fan and spout off something about taking it too seriously.

In other words, we just want it more.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 10:40:42 pm »
In other words, we just want it more.

I love that quote! Thank you for the answer.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2007, 11:25:46 pm »
The Compendium is an indispensable tool. For example, right now the Jonny Quest fan community is stupidly scattered and dead. It was a hodge-podge collection of Geocities and Fortunecities sites with random forums here and there and an overarching mailing list which switched hosts a few times and lost its own history.

My point is, there was no Compendium; no ultimate resource, no permanent beacon in the sky. The Compendium aims to include everything and do so eternally, or at least with a level of dedication above your average fan fiction writer's angelfire site. Aim high.

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • It's a secret to everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 03:47:13 pm »
In any case, I agree with Mr. Molecule's idea...such an article would be a wonderful way to celebrate. Plus it'll be neat information for those of us--like me--who boarded the train late.

Yeah, thirded. If that makes grammatical sense.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007, 08:17:38 pm »
I say we should throw a kegger.

Mr. Molecule

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2007, 05:30:58 am »
Now that's an idea I can get behind!

Edit: A simple retrospective on just the Compendium would be awesome too! This is after all a Compendium celebration.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 05:58:59 am by Mr. Molecule »

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 02:27:52 pm »
I haven't been a member to long, But the reason i join was because the compendium was unique in the fact that A) it was dedicated to a enjoyable classic, B) The People have REAL intelligent discussions, C) The same people didn't shun on tom-foolery.

Ramsus

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2007, 03:53:04 pm »
The last time we did something like this was a few years ago:
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Stories/23.html

I'm beginning to realize this site will probably still be around when I'm 30.