Author Topic: Beta Testers  (Read 2980 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Beta Testers
« on: May 26, 2007, 05:49:38 am »
Hey Everyone.

I'm gunna be working on importing the rom now and noticed that there will be alot of opportunities for bugs with the new storyline variables now.  There's an awfully good chance that an NPC will be talking about something that hasn't happened yet.  It's near impossible for me to catch them all plus the many other things that could go wrong so I'm asking you guys to do comprehensive playthroughs of the rom up to what I've imported.  So far the ROM should be playable up to the point after the Chronopolis attack if you guys could play through and put the errors you find here:

http://www.chronocompendium.com/CrimsonEchoes/BugReporting.html

In their respective eras it would be a great help.  Please follow these rules:

What not to post:

Hard hack errors (melchiors running around dragon tank isn't chimera tank)
Text Errors

What to post:

Mapping errors (tiles over head)
Event errors (players running through walls, players moving when they shouldn't be etc)

I'm not saying I'm going to fix them soon but atleast we'll have a nicely organized list.

--JP

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Beta Testers
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 07:15:18 am »
Okay, I'd love to help, but quick question: I've read all of nothing so far on Crimson Echoes, so all I know is what was in the old demo. As such, could someone point me to a topic or set of topics where I can quickly browse and be up to speed on what details are supposed to happen where and all that? Sorry if that's actually a bother, but there's just so much to look at in both Crimson Echoes forums that I have no idea where to begin.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 08:22:22 am »
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=3461.0
At least if you mean whats going to happen plotwise.

And a question myself:
What exactly do you mean by hard hack errors? Bugs you can't quickly fix via TF(like Dragon Tank to Chimera Tank)?

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 08:47:09 am »
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=3461.0
At least if you mean whats going to happen plotwise.

Yes, that's what I meant.

As for a bug, I'm not sure if this counts, but I've noticed through my exploratory tendencies that wandering up towards the Guardia Castle dungeon entrance starts up the Crono walking to jail with the Chancellor scene, though I end up tossed into the Porrean Central Square instead.

Also, Lucca repeats her dialogue about leaving the Time Egg at home right after the battle against the Mystics on Zenan Bridge, just as Crono takes out Montcrief's guard.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 08:50:30 am by Kyronea »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 09:10:25 am »
I'm not even going to list how many text errors there were but I did find some graphical errors and a map error.
When you try to go to the Epoch room and then leave it, the exit just poofs.  You can't leave the place thus you have to reset your game.

Screen 1) ...Wtf?
Screen 2) No big deal just a few trees weird.
Screen 3) Yea this place seems a lil buggy.
Screen 4) ??? He's missing half his body.
Screen 5) http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/2070/chronotriggercrimsonechrn2.png - Just a minor glitch on the walls.
Screen 6) http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/3555/chronotriggercrimsonechlp6.png - Just a few map glitches on here.  (I don't think this is suppose to be accessible)
Screen 7) http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/3341/chronotriggercrimsonechne0.png - The door is eating him ><

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 09:16:48 am by justin3009 »

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 09:29:55 am »
Okay, I have no idea where to go after arriving in 11998 B.C. I tried going staright to Dalton's Lair or what have you to rescue Magus, but he wasn't there. Did I do something wrong somewhere?

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 09:52:21 am »
I got stuck at the same place.  I'm with Crono and crew and it says "Saron's blah blah is open" yet there's no area to go to for it =/

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 09:59:37 am »
I got stuck at the same place.  I'm with Crono and crew and it says "Saron's blah blah is open" yet there's no area to go to for it =/
I don't even have that...but then I think I skipped something while as Magus, because I went directly to Dalton's Lair and went through it, mainly because I couldn't find Sargon-what's-his-face's house or whereever I was actually supposed to go.

I did try the Epoch while at Chronopolis, but all it did was get me stuck in the ocean everywhen because it was immobile.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 10:01:23 am by Kyronea »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 10:02:38 am »
I got into Dalton's place right away as well...I never took the epoch though as it always killed my game.

Edit: I had to open CE rom in TF to find the exit...The rock that's right below the forest that just kinda stands out on its own, that's the entrace to Saron.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 10:04:48 am by justin3009 »

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2007, 10:04:11 am »
I got into Dalton's place right away as well...I never took the epoch though as it always killed my game.
Well, you can't access it if you walk into the hanger--you just get stuck--but if you talk to the 1000 A.D. soldier-looking guy who stands where Atropos used to stand he'll let you onto the Epoch like he did in the last public demo. Unfortunately...you end up in the ocean, but you can still return to Chronopolis if you go to the End of Time.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 10:05:22 am »
I just found Saron's entrance so yay.  There's a rock that stands out at the bottom of the forest entrance, that should be his entrance.

Edit: Ew...The place is glitch galore.  YOu can't talk to him and there's alot of non walkable tiles =/

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2007, 10:14:17 am »
So's the forest. I went in, took my fill from the treasure box and Marle and Robo just randomly walked into the cliffside and disappeared. They're still technically in my party, as they appear on the menu, but they do not appear onscreen.

EDIT: No, wait, they're there, but they are just really far away, yet still acting as if they are following me. Picture to follow in a moment.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2007, 10:15:25 am »
I've tried everything.  I went through Dalton's dungeon again, I went through the forest, talked to every NPC, visited Schala's grave, nothing works.  I think the game is suppose to end here.  We're a little bit past Chronopolis attack and he said the Demo does end there so I think we finished it.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2007, 10:21:07 am »
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/6673/pizzaru2.png

There's the image.

In any case, you're probably right. Holy crap was this demo truly showing of a work in progress...(Forgive me...apart from Chrono Trigger + betas, the only demos and whatnot I've seen were meant for public display rather than raw works in progress. Must get used to these.)

I like the ferry actually going to Medina though. That was neat.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2007, 12:25:13 pm »
haha ok we haven't had that many posts in forever.

1.  The text is not done in this at all.  So yea don't worry about it.
2.  PLEASE use this.  The reason I made this thread instead of reusing the old beta thread it it's realy hard for me to go go through a bunch of posts.  http://www.chronocompendium.com/CrimsonEchoes/BugReporting.html
3.  It seems like you guys got past the Chronopolis attacks which I said is as far as I've gotten with the importing/exporting.
4.  Kyorena I'm not sure we've met welcome to the team.

EDIT: 

Oh yea hard hack errors (I'll try to list a few).  Hard hacks are stuff we DIDN't do with TF.  Um Graphic changes like Melchior (this is also the first picture of justins that's just melchior with an animation he shouldn't be in) and dragon Tank.  Justin's Epoch gauge  change.  Chickenlump making textboxes red.   King Zeal and all that.  Were saving these till the end to help stop corruption.

EDIT AGAIN:

I kind of want to reiterate the point that the reason for beta testing at this stage is because we are swapping the order of events around for better flow and because of the feedback we got.  And I'm 88% sure that this is goign to result in some old flags being called.  ....Um maybe an NPC talks about Porre attacking before they attack.  Maybe you go in Crono's room and a cutscene starts about you coming back from 65 MIL BC even though you never went there.  So While it's nice to see that it's possible to get from the beginning of the rom to chronopolis attack successfully I really want the world to be explored.

--JP
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 12:38:40 pm by jsondag2 »