Author Topic: The World of ZEAL/Keystone  (Read 34112 times)

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
The World of ZEAL/Keystone
« Reply #120 on: October 21, 2004, 07:05:27 pm »
My original plan for Sigma was to have her power crop up around this time, deactivating the stasis device. She would then make some attempt to escape, get cornered by guards, and then Argus, Gil, and Flea come through and save her. This early, I plan to have Sigma be oblivious to the fact that she has a special power; she'll be convinced the inquisitors just screwed up. It'll take something big before she'll realize her ability.

EDIT: Freudian slip.

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2004, 07:18:31 pm »
Yeah! And you missed the part where Jay Leno got carted off by aliens and replaced with a clone, too!   What is wrong with you people?  :P

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2004, 07:29:51 pm »
Uh...Should that nonsense even be adressed? I didn't think so...

Radical Dreamer, that makes sense about the cells...Although I was thinking that if they had crests on the cells that Gil would immediately think about the Pendant...I thought it would be cool if it was just Argus' special cell that needed it because of his immense magical power...Whereas ZEAL does not see Gil or Flea as any kind of real threat...

Perhaps there are Nanashi present, and after the warning of Argus, Flea tells them to go ahead and that she will deal with them. Having a gift in sorcery and enchantments as her advantage would be useful against them, but in the end, the sheer power and numbers of the Nanashi would overwhelm Flea...Perhaps this would happen after they discover Sigma...thusly making them hurry further to escape the Nanashi which would be on their tail...

Perhaps Sigma's cell shouldn't completely deactivate, but be seriously damaged, and this attracts the attention of the escapees...Perhaps even her life is in danger if they do not help her...?

Hadriel

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2004, 07:36:47 pm »
Of course it's nonsense.  You need a little nonsense once in a while to unwind a bit.

*spouts a stream of curses at extended essay*

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2004, 08:58:11 pm »
A brief duel with a nanashi would definately be interesting. A number of them might be a little too much to handle, but a good fight scene in the jailbreak would be a definate plus.

1stoftheLast

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 22, 2004, 04:41:31 am »
I don't see why Nanashi would be wasting thier time as prison gaurds.  I would suggest making the fight a bunch of low tier prison gaurds who try to overwhelm the trio/quartet.  Think ninja Turtles vs. the foot clan!  Maybe one gets in a lucky shot...

Hadriel

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 23, 2004, 02:11:37 am »
Just mentioning the TMNT brings back a lot of awesome memories....awww, yeah.

Strictly aside from the reference, the previous poster has some good ideas.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 23, 2004, 07:24:32 am »
I never meant to suggest Nanashi be prison guards...But, the prison break is going to cause a rukus, is it not? I'm guessing Nanashi will be all over them at least at the time where they decide to spring Sigma...If not just after that...I mean, it's not like each scene takes place one room away from the next, right?

And, Hadriel, nonsense is all good and fun (when it's good and funny of course), but the main need right now is some structure, I believe...So, continue with your nonsense if you feel like it...But I personally believe the thread is lengthy enough w/o.

Hadriel

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 24, 2004, 02:17:59 am »
A'ight.  My essay's done anyway.  After over six months, it's finally finished and off my rather large chest.  4,000 words' worth of stuff about a topic of my choice...aside from stuff like video games or Star Wars.  At least, that's what I was told.  I could write a 4,000 word essay on stuff like that in 30 minutes.  I did my other major essay on physics and finished it fairly quickly, because I enjoy the subject matter.  I didn't truly grasp the full significance of my extended essay topic choice, the effects of war on the human psyche, until a few nights ago, when I interviewed a group of war veterans at the local Veterans of Foreign Wars post for my paper.  The stories I heard there were as earth-shattering as anything else -- far too much so for them to be manufactured tales.  That's the kind of arresting emotion and thought I seek when I write something, but I can't hope to live up to what they have done.  It is because of people like them that I'm even writing this now.

Some of my best work, writing-wise, is actually done when I'm feeling extremely fatigued, because what I truly feel comes out.  At those times, it feels as if some otherworldly power takes over my hands and types the words for me, even though I know they're mine.

In less than two weeks, my senior marching band season effectively ends with the Texas UIL State Marching Contest, and along with it goes many memories good and bad, as well as the hardest schedule I've ever known and probably ever will.  Thusly, at that time I will begin to flesh out my existing character more fully, as well as write a short vignette about Ayla and Lavos that I intend on submitting to the fanfiction forum here and to the guys over at Chronicles.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 24, 2004, 11:02:48 pm »
So...what exactly makes that less nonsense...?

*damn, now I'm wasting space to reply to wasted space*

Hadriel

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 24, 2004, 11:06:10 pm »
Heh.  Good job.

What makes it less nonsense is that my workload directly applies to when and how much I'm able to work on this.

That said, on to something more important than I am.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 27, 2004, 01:51:25 pm »
I made a few assertions in my Roget Parrion scene that should be revealed here.

The Centre for Dimensional Research is a large complex resting on its own island. There are some underground levels, and several stories topside; within it mostly are engineers, mechanics, researchers and analysts who dissect information gathered from research. Four notable room exists -- the Dispatch Chamber, the Observation Deck, the Royal Prison, and the Primary Construct. The Dispatch Chamber contains a large Gate frame that gathers coordinates sent from the Construct and allows travel of large groups of people between dimensions (or time, if such a thing was needed). The Observation Deck, using spectator magic, is capable of monitoring a target dimension in a variety of ways, even perhaps projecting the world around a viewer (similar to Quantum Leap or the Holodeck of Star Trek). The Royal Prison is, in actuality, a branch of the REAL royal prison on the main continent, and is equipped with cutting edge equipment for research done on dimensional prisoners. Lastly, the Primary Construct, by far the most important area of the Centre, contains three vital machines -- firstly, the locator rests there, on which an object is placed and its quantum signatures examined for copies in other dimensions. Secondly, a viewing port using spectator magic exists to its left. Lastly, on the locator's right is a Gate frame that can accomodate about two people, used for immediate "service" access to a dimension if something goes awry and an official dispatch cannot be arranged.

Finally, I've written that dimensions are destroyed after full research is conducted by the releasing of the Frozen Flame within the target dimension to lock level D (a sensitive level, suggested by Chronopolis's usage of it in the Time Crash). Once that is done, a directive is established via the Flame directly to Lavos that forces him to erupt. Done in prehistoric time, this ensures that humanity will never come to pass, and the slate is wiped clean of ZEALian interference and its effects.

Hadriel

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 27, 2004, 08:21:47 pm »
Character idea here:

I haven't had much time to read the existing story, so forgive me if I screw up, but I had the crazy idea that an accident caused by my character wondering what the big red button does, or alternatively just being pissed off/depressed and accidentally sagging on it, could be the method by which the team arrives at the End of Time.

However, I'm not even sure which world the jailbreak's in, but something could still happen in ZEAL's Time Research Lab that echoes across every dimension involved here.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 28, 2004, 03:42:38 pm »
I've been thinking about how the heroes will actually get around. I've thought of vaporous Gates -- unlike Entity Gates, they're more one-time use trips, disposable commodities that Gaspar and others can use. For heavy duty scrambling, Gaspar can always dust off the slick Neo-Epoch.

Claado Shou

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 28, 2004, 03:49:39 pm »
I wouldn't worry, ZeaLitY, about character transportation.  Vaporous Gates would be cool, but they won't exactly be necessary.  Thou shalt seeth what I mean.