Author Topic: Harle  (Read 7026 times)

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Re: Harle
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2007, 05:04:33 am »
True, it is very odd. And it's another little sneaky thing that Masato added in to confuse/ make players think.

I'm starting to think that possibly Schala may have communed through to Serge via Harle. Because all the Dragons are connected to Lavos, then they're also connected to Schala.
There's just the fact that Harle possibly isn't connected to Lavos directly because she has a physical body, unlike the other dragons whom were devoured by Lavos :/

I <3 this topic because Harle owns. It must be revived!

Joe000

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2007, 02:43:02 am »
But you know, I didn't like the way Harle made her exit in the game.  When you meet her at Chronopolis, it's pretty much "Hey Serge!  Big Gulps huh?  Well, see ya later!" and that's the end of it.  I think they should've gone for more dramatic impact.  It makes me wanna write a fic to fix that, though xDDDD

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2007, 03:05:23 am »
I agree.

But Masato didn't really want to give any one character a bigger part.

The main person was Serge, and Serge alone. The sub main characters were Lynx, Harle and Kidd (with Starky needed to finish the game).

Though Harle kind of had a foreshadowing to her end, when she cried on the boat. Yes, it is tragic, but then again, talking about it is even more tragic because we see just how much of a martyr Harle was.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2007, 02:45:25 pm »
Did we the Compendium ever establish what Harle's purpose was in the Orphanage? Why she was there and such...?

Joe000

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2007, 04:43:42 am »
Though Harle kind of had a foreshadowing to her end, when she cried on the boat. Yes, it is tragic, but then again, talking about it is even more tragic because we see just how much of a martyr Harle was.
That is true, but I still wish Harle's end came differently.  Like maybe a final declaration of undying love for Serge before she becomes absorbed by the Dragon Gods xDDD  Of course, you would really want to see Serge's reaction, and since the dumb bastard doesn't talk.... Ugh.  Silent protagonist is the dumbest idea EVAR.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2007, 05:36:55 pm »
Did we the Compendium ever establish what Harle's purpose was in the Orphanage? Why she was there and such...?

I think most people left it at the decision that Harle was just following Lynx.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2007, 06:03:22 pm »
Yes, she was with Lynx for the same reason she had been following him for 9 years. To help him open the access to the Frozen Flame, then steal it in his place and free the Dragons.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2007, 09:01:37 pm »
I love this topic...I never knew this much about Harle XD!  But she's great in both battle and plot wise...

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2007, 06:27:53 pm »
Great.

Thanks Zappy and Chrono99.

Magus_Brokenhart

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2007, 04:45:41 am »
Yeah, Harle was just made to infiltrate. Find a way to manipulate things to end in Fate's defeat, and acquire the Frozen Flame. I don't see why people think she had lack of faith by siding with the Dragons. Humans are not everything. She chose to side with her creators, and there is nothing wrong with that. She gave it careful consideration, it was not as if she decided this immediately.

My question is, does unifying into one nullify the existence of the singular weaker dragons? Did she have to die in order to complete the Dragon God? She ran into the frozen flame as suicide, and I think you see her soul head to the sky, which I assume was to unify with the dragon.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2007, 10:20:03 pm »
Yeah, Harle was just made to infiltrate. Find a way to manipulate things to end in Fate's defeat, and acquire the Frozen Flame. I don't see why people think she had lack of faith by siding with the Dragons. Humans are not everything. She chose to side with her creators, and there is nothing wrong with that. She gave it careful consideration, it was not as if she decided this immediately.

My question is, does unifying into one nullify the existence of the singular weaker dragons? Did she have to die in order to complete the Dragon God? She ran into the frozen flame as suicide, and I think you see her soul head to the sky, which I assume was to unify with the dragon.

Wow, you're off in so many places.

Harle was created on the night of the magnetic storm, the night when Schala tried to escape the DBT, but to no avail. With the weakening of Chronopolis' defences and FATE's control over the flame for a few minutes, the Dragons were able to combine all their power together to release their daughter/sister into the world. That was Harle. Supposedly on that night, the Dark Moon was created with her, as she is of the Dark Moon.

Harle didn't choose the side of her "creators", she did what she had to do for her brothers and sisters. That's why it's so tragic. Harle is a joker, maybe she thinks her life is a joke. Who knows, but she knew that she could never be with a human, as we see on the boat scene with Serge.

As for the unification of the Dragons, the 6 Dragons (+ Harle) all used to exist as one being, which was the avatar of the planet's power in the Reptite Dimension. However, when CT's planet sent Dinopolis in to fight Chronopolis, FATE with the power of the flame split the Dragon into their elements, which became known as the 6 dragons. Harle is symbolically the Chrono Cross, or the 7th lost element, even if her innate is black (obviously it wouldn't be the 7th element, that'd ruin the game).
Basically, my point here pretty much is that the Dragon God could still be split, but it was defeated, destroyed, what ever, so it doesn't matter.
However, we all hope that Harle, at least, was able to survive in the new time line.

As for your point on Harle and suicide - Harle didn't committ suicide -.-
Harle grabbed the flame and escaped before Kid could screw something up. With the flame gone from FATE's grasp and taken to Terra Tower, the Dragons were able to free themselves from their bonds on their islands, and reunite to form the Dragon God, or in this case named the Time Devourer (arbitrarily).
I believe that Harle may have been the key to their revival/merger because possibly Harle not only contains their power, but she is also the only dragon with a physical body in the world, so she pretty much would be used as a catalyst to give the Dragon God a physical body in the dimension, except she gets merged in with them X_X

Magus_Brokenhart

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2007, 12:45:11 am »
Ah, I thought that anyone who touched the frozen flame but Serge would perish...That's why I assumed she fried herself with it so that her soul could unite with the dragons. Either way, she'd be the one giving them substance with her physical body, so defeating the dragon god means killing her. Screwed either way. >_>'

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2007, 05:46:09 pm »
Locking this before it becomes the one-millionth "HARLE AND SCHALA ARE ULTIMATE TRANSDIMENSIONAL DEMIURGES WITH THE POWER TO EAT CLOUDS" topic. I don't like locking analysis topics, but this one was fulfilled.