Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 334302 times)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #2745 on: August 21, 2010, 10:59:20 am »
Although I didn't care for FFXIII very much, I did love the theme song, and I loved how it was utilized throughout the entire game. Various arrangements were used in a wide variety of ways in the game; plus it's a very pretty song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHEoXdTG4K8&feature=related

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: August 21, 2010, 07:13:33 pm »
Woot woot woot!  Go Shee!  :D

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: August 22, 2010, 12:13:13 am »
All that talk in the Amusement thread about ringing people in the same room got me to thinking: I love public loudspeaker announcements in large, enclosed areas. The echo of multiple speakers at different locations giving the same message at the same time is exciting...almost thrilling.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: August 22, 2010, 06:53:40 pm »
I love fanart, and discovering new fanart for my favourite books and games.  Thank you internet, for making these pieces of art readily available.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: August 22, 2010, 08:38:54 pm »
Quote from: Sajainta
Thank you internet, for making...pieces of art readily available.
Hear, hear!

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: August 22, 2010, 09:09:05 pm »
Holy moly! Are those fanarts connected to any larger universe, Faust, or are they one-offs? Do the artists have pages somewhere?

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: August 22, 2010, 11:02:48 pm »
A good cup of hot tea!

I am briefly troubled, low on money, highly stressed... but somehow, a hot cup of mango tea melts all of that away into blissful happiness.

I propose a toast! To good friends (who've let me crash on their couches) and good tea! All is well in the world for the moment.  :)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: August 25, 2010, 12:44:21 am »
Quote from: Lord J
Holy moly! Are those fanarts connected to any larger universe, Faust, or are they one-offs? Do the artists have pages somewhere?
I couldn't determine whether either author had a larger world in mind for those pieces, but looks like they've both done other work in the same genre. First one was done by a "George Grie." Second one was by a "Remi" whose DeviantArt gallery is here.

Oh, jeez, I do believe I'm going to have a brain explosion looking through Remi's DA gallery. It's times like these when I rue the fact that I don't have enough funds to just run off and hire an artist for concept artwork. To have ideas and the ability to express them with such visuals...what a true blessing.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: August 25, 2010, 01:01:21 am »
To have ideas and the ability to express them with such visuals...what a true blessing.

I love that. As a writer I have cultivated the power to do that in literature, but I have yet to achieve that power in art and music. My music is slowly progressing.

And thanks for the links, Faust!

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: August 25, 2010, 02:41:16 am »
Farmer's Markets.

Having now moved away from Texas, fresh, truly local produce is not only available, it is delicious. I had a Mitaki salad for lunch with lobster mushroom (note, not lobster and mushroom, but a mushroom called lobster) bread on the side. There are fresh blackberries waiting for me in the fridge. Hahahaha, mine is an evil laugh, take THAT Dallas.

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: August 28, 2010, 05:51:21 pm »
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I love The Daily Show.

This goes along with my recent frustration post. I did not find the clip I wanted, but ths does quite nicely as a replacement.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-march-18-2010/conservative-libertarian

I can't believe I missed this episode. :P

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: September 01, 2010, 06:05:15 pm »
My loan was approved for college. :kamina It came as a shock after just receiving a letter today saying my promissory note had not arrived yet, but I checked online and all is well. The letter is dated for the 27th, so my note must have arrived within the last four days.

Anywho, even though it's a relatively small loan it will help tremendously. My expenses aren't that high, considering I'm starting out at a community college, and the loan can be forgiven if I keep up my grades. Now I won't be as pressured to immediately find a job, but I shouldn't quit on that either.

Gotta keep moving forward!

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: September 01, 2010, 06:29:06 pm »
That's awesome that your loan got approved.  College is so ridiculously expensive.  Everyone needs all the help they can get.  I have a full ride this year and I had one last year, thank god.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: September 01, 2010, 06:49:08 pm »
College is so ridiculously expensive.

Ridiculous indeed. It's surprising. For something that is becoming more and more a prerequisite for a career future, it is also becoming more and more difficult to achieve.

I heard that Japan is discussing having the government pay for one's college education (I need to get my facts on this one though, don't quote me on it). I wonder if America will do better by that as well.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: September 01, 2010, 07:14:34 pm »
Some countries in Europe do that too.

I don't think the US government will ever pay for college education.  They have a hard enough time with universal health care.