Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 326518 times)

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #900 on: May 27, 2009, 07:12:58 pm »
Unfortunately, my school is really poor. We don't have a Latin club, nor an AP test. I think this was the first time I had even heard of the NLE.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #901 on: May 27, 2009, 08:15:24 pm »
Greece is absolutely an amazing place to go; I especially liked Crete! It's beautiful and the supposed birthplace of Zeus - what's not to like? :) I have always been a greater fan of Italy, though, but that's mainly because I'm a massive geology nerd.

Also, congrats on your NLE score, Tea! :) I have fond memories of my days taking Latin, haha! Did you take the Latin AP test or participate in Latin Club?

Oh, well, yes, of course that's what the Kretans say... of course they claim it for Zeus' birthplace. Almost as bad as the Corinthians and their cry of Zeus Korinthos. Heh. But what was the old story, that he was held in a cave, watched over by the Graces? Or was it the Telchines?

Krete is nice, though. Did you ever manage to see the ruins of the Minoan palace at Phaistos?

Personally, I must admit, I far more love the northern countries. Germany and France... not yet seen England, but some day I most certainly want to visit Scotland and the highlands.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: May 28, 2009, 04:57:05 pm »
French Open Tennis.  Damn, these people are good!  Makes me want to get out there and start swingin' but it's so damn hot...milk was a bad choice.

Also in good news, I don't feel like utter shit anymore, which is nice.  Looking forward to sitting down with some time and watching the CE videos.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: May 31, 2009, 07:54:48 am »
Russian cold war propaganda (remix'd)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoQb8vb4blA

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: June 01, 2009, 11:03:57 am »
ATI finally fixed their maximized window geometry when using xrandr and dual-head with their proprietary Linux drivers. Fuck yeah!

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #905 on: June 01, 2009, 06:59:22 pm »
http://www.qj.net/Morhaime-Blizzard-is-targeting-Starcraft-2-year-end-release/pg/49/aid/131819
FUCK. YES. Starcraft II year end release! I am the happiest girl in the world right now, I think I might cry.

Also, there's a new game shop called Play N Trade opening up in Kirkland at the end of this month. They had a 360 demo set up in the school lobby, and they gave out these really cool led necklaces that glow blue!

And I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Photoshop is my best friend.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: June 01, 2009, 07:55:36 pm »
I love Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.  Such a great movie.

Brink-of-Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music is the power of the imagination
    • View Profile
    • My Music
« Reply #907 on: June 01, 2009, 11:08:38 pm »
My list gets longer (or shorter every day)

Rugby, Music, Trance, Piano, Tuba, Rotaries, Chrono Trigger, Persona 3, SNES, PS1, Boobs (nice size, not giant ones lol), women, Ferrari, Viola, FL Studio, Goulash, Chicken & Gravy, Star Trek: TNG, Anime, Manga, Old movies, Chrono Cross, Books, Sketching, Swords, Guitar, RX-7s, Metal Gear Solid, Popcorn, Sleep, Ambience, Rain, Computers, Challenges, Rally Racing, GT, Midnight Blue, Figurines, Motoko Aoyama, Posters, 2.8L Twin Turbo V8, Airplanes, Japan, Mountians, Cool Breeze, Motoko Kusanagi, randomly playing on the piano, being occupied, gun range, my parents, Mr. Goodbar, New Tires on my car, Teletha Testarossa, and it keeps going. lol

KebreI

• A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: June 01, 2009, 11:34:10 pm »
It just the terrain campaign though, which kinda bugs me. People releasing the game in episodes like that are annoying (looking at you Valve).

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: June 02, 2009, 12:42:18 am »
I love Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.  Such a great movie.

One of my favs. I don't understand why like 90% of the people I know hate it so much.

What I'm currently loving: This vicodin they gave me. It completely makes me forget that literally half my body is a giant bruise. I can totally see why people get addicted to this though.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: June 02, 2009, 05:03:56 am »
Saw the first Conan Tonight Show.  Awesome.  Dude was hilarious, I look forward to watching him!  A liiiiitle bit closer to some helpful connections, but we'll see how it plays.  Booked another lengthly comedy show, can only hope it'll go as well as the last one did.

Also, Coldstone Ice Cream.  Hell, any ice cream.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: June 02, 2009, 10:33:26 am »
I so totally read that as "the first Conan Movie."

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: June 02, 2009, 10:55:15 am »
I love Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.  Such a great movie.

One of my favs. I don't understand why like 90% of the people I know hate it so much.

What I'm currently loving: This vicodin they gave me. It completely makes me forget that literally half my body is a giant bruise. I can totally see why people get addicted to this though.

Trifecta of fandom!  :wink:

Oh ya and my pregnant sister has kidney stones. Sucks for her, but they gave her vicodin. Apparently if it's prescribed it's not supposed to hurt the baby. I hope the doctor is correct.

Boobs and FL Studio
All you need for a good time!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 10:57:50 am by Mr Bekkler »

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: June 02, 2009, 01:50:57 pm »
Oh ya and my pregnant sister has kidney stones. Sucks for her, but they gave her vicodin. Apparently if it's prescribed it's not supposed to hurt the baby. I hope the doctor is correct.

Prescribing something doesn't magically make the side effects  go away. If it is closely monitored and controlled, the chances of harmful side effects can be minimized, but anything the mother takes the baby takes. Vicodin is a pregnancy category C drug, which means there haven't been enough studies in humans to know that it will be harmful and in what manner, but animal studies have indicated some negative results. It's a bit of a gamble; the benefits to the mother's health will hopefully outweigh the risks. Given that she'll probably be on the drug less than a week it seems reasonably safe to me, but damn it, Jim, I'm a historian, not a doctor.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: June 02, 2009, 03:16:43 pm »

Prescribing something doesn't magically make the side effects  go away. If it is closely monitored and controlled, the chances of harmful side effects can be minimized, but anything the mother takes the baby takes. Vicodin is a pregnancy category C drug, which means there haven't been enough studies in humans to know that it will be harmful and in what manner, but animal studies have indicated some negative results. It's a bit of a gamble; the benefits to the mother's health will hopefully outweigh the risks. Given that she'll probably be on the drug less than a week it seems reasonably safe to me, but damn it, Jim, I'm a historian, not a doctor.

Yeah she's pretty skeptical about it anyway. She only took one so far, and that was three days after it was prescribed to her. She's not one to go overboard on that kind of thing, and she hates doctors. I think my nephew will be alright in there, it just sucks for her that she has to go through that pain. I guess it's like a practice round though, if you want to be positive about it.