Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 326488 times)

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #930 on: June 05, 2009, 01:30:34 pm »
I am FINALLY caught up in Doctor Who.  And am now sitting waiting for the next special, I think in November?

I will say Martha is a failure, Rose is whiny, and Dona is by far my Favorite.

I agree Dona was the best , I miss her already

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #931 on: June 05, 2009, 02:04:44 pm »
I am FINALLY caught up in Doctor Who.  And am now sitting waiting for the next special, I think in November?

Yeah next special is due Halloween or November, it's called The Waters of Mars and I swear it must be like the 50th title to contain the word 'Mars'. Have you seen Planet of the Dead yet? I was really impressed with it.

Martha was so bland it was pathetic. Rose at least was fine until the sudden whiny change in season 2. I'll agree with you on Donna.

There's an upcoming (two?) special(s?) involving...

The Master and Donna. Donna marries someone (again) but no, apparently not the Master. Going by set reports, he contacts Donna or something, and he's also been seen carrying a mask. Another bit of info that supposedly leaked out was that he uh... eats a burger during the episode. No word on whether Donna regains her memories (there's a lot of photos showing filming of her in town shopping, as well as Christmas decorations, so we'll probably have to wait till Christmas for this special...), but the rumour going round is that the Master contacts her and convinces her to help him, and that the Doctor is her enemy. Reminiscent of the TV movie much?

It was also confirmed that Wilf joins the Doctor for at least two specials, probably the ones I mentioned above since he's nowhere to be seen in the Waters of Mars trailer.
Have a video of Wilf's hidden power: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGgpFQPdUIU

...Also the 11th Doctor's companion was confirmed and she is fucking beautiful.

Set reports and other stuff can be found at http://www.planetgallifrey.blogspot.com/ but obviously there'll be the occasional spoiler.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: June 06, 2009, 01:18:32 am »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #933 on: June 06, 2009, 02:11:15 am »
I, being American (USAnese as I like to say), have never gotten into Dr. Who(m), but I watched the first two series of Torchwood and thought it was great...It was only afterwards that I even found out it had anything to do with Dr. Who, even though I sorta knew that cute black chick was in w/e series of Dr. Who...Is the 3rd series of Torchwood out already? I heard something about it being this summer or something and that it was going to be more of a mini-series...

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: June 08, 2009, 06:26:22 pm »
Got an audition for a feature film this Sunday.  Payin' gig.  Booya.

Brink-of-Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music is the power of the imagination
    • View Profile
    • My Music
« Reply #935 on: June 08, 2009, 08:59:22 pm »
I am FINALLY caught up in Doctor Who.  And am now sitting waiting for the next special, I think in November?

Yeah next special is due Halloween or November, it's called The Waters of Mars and I swear it must be like the 50th title to contain the word 'Mars'. Have you seen Planet of the Dead yet? I was really impressed with it.

Martha was so bland it was pathetic. Rose at least was fine until the sudden whiny change in season 2. I'll agree with you on Donna.

There's an upcoming (two?) special(s?) involving...

The Master and Donna. Donna marries someone (again) but no, apparently not the Master. Going by set reports, he contacts Donna or something, and he's also been seen carrying a mask. Another bit of info that supposedly leaked out was that he uh... eats a burger during the episode. No word on whether Donna regains her memories (there's a lot of photos showing filming of her in town shopping, as well as Christmas decorations, so we'll probably have to wait till Christmas for this special...), but the rumour going round is that the Master contacts her and convinces her to help him, and that the Doctor is her enemy. Reminiscent of the TV movie much?

It was also confirmed that Wilf joins the Doctor for at least two specials, probably the ones I mentioned above since he's nowhere to be seen in the Waters of Mars trailer.
Have a video of Wilf's hidden power: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGgpFQPdUIU

...Also the 11th Doctor's companion was confirmed and she is fucking beautiful.

Set reports and other stuff can be found at http://www.planetgallifrey.blogspot.com/ but obviously there'll be the occasional spoiler.

Doctor Who is another GREAT show on BBC (BBC America for me). I've been watching it here and there the past few years, but just started over so I can fill in all the details. :D

Belaith

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: June 08, 2009, 11:03:25 pm »
I love Pyt Fumv. We've been dating for over three years now and our relationship still stands strong. :) I love you FaFniR

Brink-of-Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music is the power of the imagination
    • View Profile
    • My Music
« Reply #937 on: June 08, 2009, 11:04:52 pm »
I love Pyt Fumv. We've been dating for over three years now and our relationship still stands strong. :) I love you FaFniR

That's awesome! I wish the best of luck to you two!  :)

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: June 08, 2009, 11:51:46 pm »
Ah, I love all the doctor's companions. Oddly enough, Donna never quite clicked as well as the other two, though I loved her as the character.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #939 on: June 09, 2009, 12:42:08 am »
I love the humor on this site.

BWA HA HAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA

KebreI

• View Profile
« Reply #940 on: June 09, 2009, 02:09:46 am »
Ah, I love all the doctor's companions. Oddly enough, Donna never quite clicked as well as the other two, though I loved her as the character.
Ever female companion or guest has had a thing for the Doctor except Donna and it was a great change. Plus she was one of the few who would out right smack him.

Rose got a doctor and she was still sad complaining. Martha doesn't even deserve one after countless screw ups yet she keeps dreaming. I can just see it now: "The Doctor has two hearts, maybe on of them is for meeee!"

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: June 09, 2009, 09:46:45 am »
Ever female companion or guest has had a thing for the Doctor except Donna and it was a great change. Plus she was one of the few who would out right smack him.

Smacking was good, but David Tennent's reactions to her always seemed forced.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: June 09, 2009, 10:31:45 am »
Christopher Eccleston FTW.

In fact, CT:CE should have been changed to Chrono Trigger Christopher Eccleston.

KebreI

• View Profile
« Reply #943 on: June 10, 2009, 03:10:28 am »
So Kaity's back from the sidelines and into my life. I care for her no less them before, but as much as I love her I no longer have the urge to beat Adams face in. In fact I can have a good talk with him at times.

I think that's growth..

Belaith

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: June 10, 2009, 04:12:15 am »
I love making music.