Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 334030 times)

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #3570 on: October 17, 2011, 07:12:14 pm »
Zeality, do you know which episode that's from? I love that outfit.

Heh, when I was five I used to dress up as Peter Pan too and I was a pirate for Halloween when I was seven (complete with a beard) and Sherlock Holmes when I was eight.  My parents never had a problem with me dressing up as a boy.

Dude, that's awesome of them! A little Sherlock Holmes crossdresser sounds adorable. :D

My parents were a bit freaked at first, themselves -- my mom kept trying to encourage me to think of myself as Wendy and I was having none of it. But they eventually came to accept me pretty wholeheartedly. (My mom even lists me as a "son" on facebook now, which was hardly necessary given I'm not at all trans. It probably just confuses people because my real name is quite girly -- and anyway, everyone knows my mom is as odd as I am. But was an incredibly sweet gesture nonetheless.)  
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 07:13:47 pm by Syna »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: October 18, 2011, 09:47:10 am »
We got the first big wind of the season here yesterday, and it's still going strong now. It makes the house creak and pop a bit. The temperature today is supposed to be much cooler than it has been. I'm looking forward to that, and to the oncoming cold season. The double-dip La Niņa looks set to make this another incredibly dry winter, which I am not looking forward to at all. I also saw the first turning of the leaves, on a trip to the market yesterday morning! It's subtle, and not spectacular, but it's pretty.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3572 on: October 18, 2011, 11:30:04 am »
We got the first big wind of the season here yesterday, and it's still going strong now. It makes the house creak and pop a bit. The temperature today is supposed to be much cooler than it has been. I'm looking forward to that, and to the oncoming cold season. The double-dip La Niņa looks set to make this another incredibly dry winter, which I am not looking forward to at all. I also saw the first turning of the leaves, on a trip to the market yesterday morning! It's subtle, and not spectacular, but it's pretty.
Ah, love that stuff! Can't believe I'll have to wait a whole year to experience Kal Baisakhi again.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3573 on: October 18, 2011, 02:30:16 pm »
Okay, double post.

First time someone gave me a chance to make a "proper" landscape and dynamic painting, and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Can't wait to finish it!

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3574 on: October 19, 2011, 09:51:37 am »
Triple post, just because I have so many things and so many people to love.

Don't you just love the scent of petrichor? When Gods cry and thunder, when the sky weeps for the filth, all land is cleansed of any inferno therein and all hardships forgotten and swept away. The scent, the sweet sweet scent, calls for me to be cleansed in the rain. It beckons me to face the sky and become lost in the winds.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: October 19, 2011, 10:12:28 am »
One of my favorite smells in the world. I am definitely adding that word to my vocabulary list.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3576 on: October 19, 2011, 10:41:28 pm »
Oh, she's in a few episodes, but only as a bit part as the (well, I think she is) maitre'd of the Ritz Carlton restaurant. She's in the 3rd episode of season 2 (the current one) and IIRC was in the S1 finale.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: October 20, 2011, 02:19:39 pm »
I love when I'm driving and people want to race, especially when my turn is coming up and they're speeding. I win.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 03:31:41 pm by Mr Bekkler »

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #3578 on: October 21, 2011, 03:12:07 pm »
The way out technology has made so much of the world accessible. In this case, I'm meaning in a physical sense. Recently, I took a trip to Japan. Did I have to spend weeks on a boat, ever at the mercy of the waves? No. I hopped on a plane. I realize this is not new technology to anyone here (myself included) but think about it. A little over a century ago, there simply weren't planes. Now, I can take it for granted that I can be at any major city on this earth, and many much smaller cities, within a day of travel time.

And it's absolutely worthwhile. Japan is the place least culturally similar to where I'm from that I've been, and that is in of itself valuable. I got to be exposed to a very different culture, and at times, participate in that culture. It reminded me that people are simply people, no matter where they are from or what they do. I saw sights and ate foods, had experiences that I simply could not do in the States. I recommend to all of you, when traveling, to only do what you can do at home when necessary. Seek out novel foods, novel experiences. You're in Rome. Do as the Romans.

I love that we live in a time in history where the whole of humanity, all of its culture and practice, the technological, architectural, and culinary wonders, are all available within a day of travel to any who seek it out. I love that not just technologically, but culturally, you can visit many countries without any prior notification, and be admitted as a guest on sight.

The world, open and available to everyone. As it should be.

Oh, and I snagged a Super Famicom copy of Chrono Trigger.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3579 on: October 21, 2011, 03:45:26 pm »
Seek out novel foods, novel experiences. You're in Rome. Do as the Romans.
Fistbump! I wish more people were adventurous like that. XD

RD, I've mused through all that myself too. But unfortunately, unlike any of you here I do not have the luxury to travel (I don't have money, nor car, nor any automobile; all I have is a bicycle). It's not just nations that culturally differ, of course. Take a spin through different districts of the same nation and you'd be surprised how much intrigue there is to exploit.

In that spirit, when I make it big, I'm gonna experience the world in its full glory!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 03:47:25 pm by tushantin »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3580 on: October 22, 2011, 02:03:24 pm »
So how many of you have been craving for a deck of novelty cards recently? I certainly have, and I've no idea why.

http://yuumei.deviantart.com/art/Augen-Auf-Playing-Card-Ad-102933378

Like my luck...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3581 on: October 23, 2011, 01:39:30 am »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3582 on: October 23, 2011, 12:36:10 pm »
I can read the mind of the world, but only my buddy Akash can read my mind (in case you weren't aware, I almost always have a poker-face). When I entered the workplace again after my hiatus, he instantly knew that I felt down or had something in my heart. Of course, I lied that I wasn't blue (and felt bad about it, but it was better this way).

But eventually, that lie turned into truth. Celebration time! I finally got over my lovesickness. And it feels wonderful! Probably might throw in a (budget) party.

Of course, I'm still pretty mad at her for making me feel this way. I just hope that the night of fire doesn't come too soon.

[youtube]TrbyYbGIWB8[/youtube]

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: October 25, 2011, 12:42:18 am »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3584 on: October 25, 2011, 04:01:55 am »
CORGIS!
Wow. At first I thought that was your blog. I really like how they claim, "Corgi Addict is not responsible for your corgi addiction". LOL