Author Topic: Mechanics of Nu Appearances in the Hunting Range  (Read 1127 times)

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Mechanics of Nu Appearances in the Hunting Range
« on: February 07, 2007, 03:57:43 am »
So I've started a New game(not +) for Chrono Trigger as it's been a while since I've played it, and I'm trying to farm Nus in the Hunting Range for tech points so I can get Charm for Ayla as soon as possible, since I like charming everything in sight. Problem is, I can't tell what exactly causes them to appear. I know there is a maximum of three Nus, that they appear in the Northwest, Northeast, and Southeast corners of the Hunting Range, and that they only appear during the rain, yet there seems to be an element of randomness to the whole situation that I can't figure out. I was hoping that those who had hacked the ROM might be able to give me a clue, perhaps tell me how to get them to appear more easily, to manipulate the code behind it, if you will.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Re: Mechanics of Nu Appearances in the Hunting Range
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 04:07:22 am »
They appear when it rains.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 04:12:10 am »
They appear when it rains.
...err, yes, I said that in my post. What I'm asking about is what determines which Nu appears where and why sometimes there might only be one Nu appearing, after which no Nus appear, and so on. My apologies if I wasn't clear about that.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 06:11:01 am »
They tend to appear in the opposite part of the hunting range(At least, most of the time).

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 08:54:38 am »
They also never appear in a spot they have been before. So, if you fought the one in the Southeast he should never appear there again.

I'm pretty sure this is right, at least it seems this way when I did the same thing you were doing. I wanted Charm fast too for tabs  :lol:.

Can anyone else back this up?

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 09:34:54 am »
They also never appear in a spot they have been before. So, if you fought the one in the Southeast he should never appear there again.

I'm pretty sure this is right, at least it seems this way when I did the same thing you were doing. I wanted Charm fast too for tabs  :lol:.

Can anyone else back this up?
Yes, that much I've noted. The only annoying bit is how sometimes only one will appear until I reset the Hunting Range by exiting and reentering. It's that specific element I'm attempting to influance. I've still not figured out a correlation between my own actions and that element.