Author Topic: Summit for Chrono Break  (Read 21896 times)

MasaMuneCyrus

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Sir Magus
    • View Profile
Re: Summit for Chrono Break
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 04:30:15 pm »
It'd be so much easier if we had a Japanese-speaking person on the Compendium... Tanaka said in an old interview that the FFXI developers often check FFXI community forums or outright play the game (with ordinary-looking pseudos of course). He confirmed this again in one of the recent Parisian interviews. If we could dump a translated version of this "Summit for Chrono Break" on some Japanese FFXI forums, maybe Tanaka and his folks could actually be aware of all this buzz.

I'll actually be going to Japan September '07 through July '08 as part of a study abroad program. Assuming that this will take more than a year, I'll be more than happy to help translate anything once I become (hopefully) fluent in that time.

Also, I think that a petition is more than capable of helping along our cause. Not an internet petition, by any means, but strictly a on-paper-and-sent-by-postal-service petition similar to the Chrono Trigger Remake Petition (which, unfortunately, seems to have stalled). We could most DEFINITELY get some signatures if we setup something at a games expo, or something. Here in Indianapolis, for instance, it will be Gen Con's 40th anniversary. Combine that with the fact that they've permanently canceled Southern California's Gen Con, and you have a formula for biggest-ever Gen Con here in Indy come this August.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 04:38:10 pm by MasaMuneCyrus »

MasaMuneCyrus

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Sir Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2007, 04:43:07 pm »
I don't think that the original Chrono Trigger Team's members are now in diferents company is the real problem. Today all is posible with money and Square isn't a poor company after all. So if they want to do a new Chrono game they will do it. It's only a motivation problem, i think. So we only need to give that motivation to the company. An only person can't do so much, the only thing i can do is "spread the game" here in Spain, and wait...
So the idea that somebody gave before of do or participate in a public event I thin is a good idea, also the ideo of the letter is good, but i don't think that one letter is usefull. If we want to do this with letter we will need a lot of letters, nearly to saturate his mailbox, with letters from a lot of diferents places and languages, that make they believe that half world wants a third chapter.

Besides motivation, we need people in influential spots with motivation. I still think sending a letter to Yuuji Horii is a good idea. After all, he's probably the most influential person in SQEX. And besides that, he's in a good mood because of the Dragon Quest IX development (he's stated that developing DQIX gives him the same feeling that he had developing the first game in the series). And also, there's the possibility that an unusual suggestion (the suggestion of making a new/remaking a Chrono game) would go better with Horii because right now he's doing something that most would deem unusual -- developing a Dragon Quest game on a handheld.

If you guys want to go for it, I'd be more than happy to write up a draft in English, which we could then finalize and translate to Japanese to send...

kennyj2003

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2007, 07:03:39 pm »
The linkshell community I am in on FFXI, the leader is the famous Milkman from 1up.com, and his articles get put into IGN every so often. Also he gets to attend E3 and other journalist/reporter only events. If we could get something together I could submit it to him and have something done that way.

Keige

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2007, 07:41:08 pm »
I really hope this works!  I want a portable CT!  I'm getting a PSP on Saturday and I'm going to put CT on it (don't whine I have the game, but I got it for free from my cousin), but I'd rather play a legal version.

Rayas

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2007, 04:53:13 am »
The linkshell community I am in on FFXI, the leader is the famous Milkman from 1up.com, and his articles get put into IGN every so often. Also he gets to attend E3 and other journalist/reporter only events. If we could get something together I could submit it to him and have something done that way.

Awesome! Yeah, speak to him! :D

And yeah, there are both SNES and PSX emu which works perfectly on PSP. Of course I play on SNES emu, and it's great.

I'm more and more planning to try to make my own Chrono Break as a PC text-RPG game, like RD in a way. The coding shouldn't be that hard for such a thing, and I've seen some game utilities for C++ dev (like HGE) that sound easier to handle.

Beorn

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2007, 05:23:21 am »
I am all for a Chrono Trigger/Cross sequel, seeing Magus and Schala saga concluded, possibly the complete origins of Lavos explained etc. However the Chrono Trigger/Cross story series is long and complicated and I believe both games would need to be remade in a style similar to Final Fantasy III on the Nintendo DS, and get this game out to PAL regions that missed out, (unfortunately, a condensed plot summary just doesn't cut it for me.)

Though I really, really want the entire "Dream Team" reunited for this, as it would be quite monumental for the gaming community. The Chrono series is the one of the most popular, and defining series in gaming, and and also one of the few that hasn't been abused like Final Fantasy and Mario. If there is going to be a sequel to Chrono Trigger/Cross, I am happy to wait for it... I don't want some crappy, half-arsed rehash that took ten minutes to make! I want to see it done right! The fans deserve justice!

Ralkai

• Earthbound (+15)
  • We'll say "Good bye, lost Heaven!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2007, 11:33:32 am »
...I believe both games would need to be remade in a style similar to Final Fantasy III on the Nintendo DS, and get this game out to PAL regions that missed out...

That is true, in the PAL regions the only way we have to get the games is in a emu-version, so one of our petitions must be launch the game also in this regions.

Rayas

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2007, 11:57:16 am »
They WERE petitions.
I remember seeing one for Chrono Cross. As usual it didn't do a thing, even if the problem is a bit different for Chrono Cross because of the translation problems it would have made.

Chronopolis13

• Iokan (+1)
  • My strongest conviction? Perfection is Fiction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2007, 04:46:10 pm »
I think we should all buy copies of FFVI for gameboy, as those usually come with little business reply surveys from Squaresoft. Every chrono fan who buys a copy should send word back to Square that we want some Chrono love. If not an actual next-gen sequel, at least bring the original to GBA or Wii's virtual console.

kadafi62590

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2007, 06:27:41 pm »
why not go to all types of game forums and platform forums and discuss this

LiquidSpikes

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2007, 06:30:03 pm »
Yeah I think ZeaLitY is totally on the mark,

Its do or die time. 8)

we as the hardcore Chrono fans should really make are push this year.

First,
I think we should hold a "Squaresoft classic game appreciation party", yes I know it sounds stupid and maybe nerdy but I think it might work. maybe even E-mail the idea to EGM and IGN(just ask them to mention it in there website or magazine maybe), maybe Square-Enix and a few other major players in the business. and hit up the guys that were working on the "Chrono Resurrection" project (http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/) and the guys working on "The Chrono Trigger Remake Project" (chrono-trigger.com)

but above all!!! lets NOT go in like n00bs saying "ME WANT YOU TO MAKE CHR0N0 BREAK PLX!" or "SIGN THIS PETITION PLX or DIE!!"

Lets make it more like, We really enjoyed playing Chrono Trigger and/or Cross as well as Final Fantasy 7 etc and would really like the Chrono series continued.

Anyways long live chrono!

I am hear to offer my help.

Alex AKA LiquidSpikes
E-mail: AlexZimmerman A-T LiquidSpikes.com

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2007, 09:17:59 pm »
If we had a booth at a game and/or anime convention, it could help raise awareness.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2007, 11:29:53 pm »
How about we exert our influence to Dota(A mod game for WC3) by proposing a new character in Dota?

Lynx

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2007, 05:55:45 am »
geeze lets just storm Square and take over! LOL
but i wish they would maked another Chrono Game!

Beorn

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2007, 06:00:20 am »
I don't think that DotA will have any influence on any descision of Square Enix. I would say have a little protest sort of thing outside of Square Enix America, but not demanding, simply showing how much we love the series... But that would be difficult for Chrono fans outside of the US...