Author Topic: Perpetual Temporal Flux Bug Report / Feature Suggestion Thread  (Read 75225 times)

glyth

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Perpetual Temporal Flux Bug Report / Feature Suggestion Thread
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2007, 06:55:29 pm »
Glyth, -sigh-...They are character slots not CHARACTERS.  Vehek, Chrono'99, and I tried getting the 8th character in, and we could not accomplish that.  It's ALOT harder then your little mind could believe.  Here, I'll find the link.

Edit: http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php/topic,4100.0.html - If you don't understand the mechanics of the game, then I wouldn't post anything saying that you can do this and that.

you tryed it how you tryed editig it  by a temp flux ? or companion? aslo is chrono trigger editor compainion open source  i tryed to edit it  becuz it looked like it had a source but i coulent edit char panel 0.0
wish tweaker was open source 0.0
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 07:00:11 pm by glyth »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2007, 12:19:21 am »
No, used Translhextion.  Hex Editing is basically the only way to get that working..

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2007, 02:08:31 am »
It could be possible with ASM hacking. But since i know nothing about it yet. I can't tell.

Geiger

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Geiger's Crypt
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2008, 04:46:26 pm »
I think the last time I mentioned anything about Temporal Flux was back in September.

A major problem with text compression has been discovered where the Japanese Unicode values overlap the temporary values used during compression.  The affected characters will be multipli-compressed, changing their final value entirely.  This defect will require a complete re-engineering of the text compression code.  This will add several days onto our release schedule as the new code is implemented and bug-tested.

Wanted to let you guys know that we have been working on it feverishly and still hope to release the next version (2.75) soon.  We are deep in Beta (working on Beta 15 as I type), and trying to work out all the bugs.

---T.Geiger

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2008, 06:15:27 pm »
^^  Good to know it's still being worked on.  Take your time, it's best to wait =]

jirbytaylor

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2008, 08:30:48 pm »
A good feature would be being able to select and drag events/exits with the mouse. It's tricky to find the exit you're looking for by scrolling through a list.
Eh. I'm a newb when it comes to rom hacking. o.o;

Do I have to de-expand my rom to save in game? After expanding it to use a CT Shop editor, save games vanish after closing the menu.

Geiger

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Geiger's Crypt
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2008, 09:40:31 pm »
Do I have to de-expand my rom to save in game? After expanding it to use a CT Shop editor, save games vanish after closing the menu.

Expanding a ROM has nothing to do with using another editor.  I'd suggest posting another thread on this issue to ask other users for help.

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2008, 09:59:33 pm »
How difficult would it be to allow editing the special character names and values, or adding our own?

I may need to move the location of the helmet symbol for an edit I'm making, and there's some blank space that may be usable in that font location for other customization.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2008, 05:24:37 pm »
Just so you know, there's a crapload of empty space if you delete the excess japanese symbols in the menu font.  That itself gives about 10-20 free spaces for w/e you want.  Plus the extra space below the actual symbols which is another 30 or so.

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2008, 09:03:27 pm »
Here's a few things for the next TemporalFlux:

Location "TBD" names

1A0 "Ocean Palace TBD" == "Ocean Palace Lift Gauntlet" - maybe...

Minor Issues:
In vers. 2.75
{instant full break} & {instant page break} now create a empty box after the break in which the user must press a button to continue.

Comments:
--------
Also, I REALLY like the new textbox formatting system. There have only been a few cases where I had to manually re-edit the string and move the {line break}. Thanks.  8)

Also, thanks a million for the "Swap Tiles" feature for editing tile maps!  :)

JLukas

• Fan Project Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2008, 06:41:11 am »
{instant full break} & {instant page break} now create a empty box after the break in which the user must press a button to continue.

Those commands are designed to display more text afterwards.  If your goal is to have the textbox close automatically once it is finished, use a Delay 00.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2008, 12:41:25 pm »

Those commands are designed to display more text afterwards.  If your goal is to have the textbox close automatically once it is finished, use a Delay 00.

Like this: {delay 00}?

JLukas

• Fan Project Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2008, 05:46:01 pm »
yes, although it's recommended you place a second delay command before that so the textbox doesn't close too quickly for the player to read.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 05:47:33 pm by JLukas »

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2008, 05:51:08 pm »
...it's recommended you place a second delay command before that so the textbox doesn't close too quickly for the player to read.

Ok, I kindof figured that part. Thanks.  :)

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2008, 03:10:58 am »
Major problem.
When I was trying to compress some graphics using Temporal Flux, it wrote data after the point it said the compressed data would end.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 03:23:48 am by Vehek »