Author Topic: Lavos - Points of Interest  (Read 6364 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Lavos - Points of Interest
« on: March 02, 2006, 03:55:57 pm »
This is the discussion thread for Lavos - Points of Interest.

Beorn

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Lavos - Points of Interest
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 06:11:11 am »
Forgive me if some of my points regarding Lavos in CC are a little off, as it was never released in Australia.

Lavos came to Earth probably based on pure luck. However the whole thing that it takes ages for him to gain power, I personally feel is wrong. When he crashed into Earth, he triggered the Ice Age, since many creatures died during this and many struggled to survive, it would have been difficult to gather power. Then of course, his energy was drained, making him have to gather more. I would say that roughly, it would only take from 12000 BC to 1999 AD to get to full power.

My view on why Lavos never really detected Chrono and Co. whilst they were slowly getting closer to destroying him, was because he was nothing but a parasite. He only became 'smart' when he merged with Schala in the events of CC.

The main thing that I am trying to empasize is the fact that in CT, Lavos was nothing but a mosquito or flea - doing what needs to be done to survive. It was only until it was in the Darkness Beyond Time with Schala, was it able to observe her, and in a way 'evolve' into a greater being that it merged with Schala, and had a human mind at his disposal.

What do you think about this?

Tyrant Heart

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Lavos - Points of Interest
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 09:26:06 pm »
In one of your Lavos topics you, or whoever wrote the article used the Sunkeep as an unchanging anchor point to compare the worlds and the alignment of Lavos's crash point.

However if you use the epoch and go from 1000 a.d. to 2300 a.d you'll notice the sunshrine has shifted as well.

I looked through the maps on photoshop and the sunshrine is in the same place in all but the prehistory.
And the changes between 600 A.D. and 1,000 A.D. are pretty big, the middle continent gets revamped, and mountains are added all over the region going forward through time.

The only two unchanging anchor points between 1000 a.d are those in the air, the Epoch and the black omen, and if you'll notice that where Magus's castle used to be is just about where Lavos rose up. Assuming of course Lavos's outter shell became Death Mountain (Which I guess then we can all assume it was dead though since the inner core seems to be its own entity you never know.) Contintental shifts seem pretty heavy in CT, its just the domes and the city which couldn't possibly exist until the two continents came back together.

One thing I've always wondered is what happens to Lavos when he dies? You were in a time warp and then there was that great white flash and everyone was returned to the present.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 08:59:21 pm by Tyrant Heart »

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Love this community, and care for it as your own.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 01:20:42 am »
I have a question.... How did Queen Zeal obtain a Lavos Spawn for inside the Black Omen, unless it existed in the same theoretical pocket dimension? This would suggest that the timeline continued into Chrono Cross would not have the Black Omen, because if it did, then it would exist at the Darkness Beyond Time, and therefore Queen Zeal would have made contact with the Time Devourer as well..... Imagine what kind of creature could have been created if the Mammon Machine, the Time Devourer, Queen Zeal, the Black Omen, and Schala had all merged!!

Daid

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 06:25:43 am »
I think Queen Zeal used a gate to take a Lavos Spawn from Death Peak in the future into the Black Omen.

And if Mammon Machine, the Time Devourer, Queen Zeal, the Black Omen, and Schala had all merged then we would have a BIG problem!

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Love this community, and care for it as your own.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 12:36:12 am »
I think Queen Zeal used a gate to take a Lavos Spawn from Death Peak in the future into the Black Omen.

And if Mammon Machine, the Time Devourer, Queen Zeal, the Black Omen, and Schala had all merged then we would have a BIG problem!

No lie man!! I need to photoshop that up... That's be a cool entry for the new art festival thing....

jamesexia

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 12:38:20 am »
I'm wondering, what was the Dreamstone that Ayla gave Crono? Didn't Melchior say it was a piece of Lavos? Also, wasn't it mentioned in Zeal that the Dreamstone was a part of Lavos?